It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: 2012 Liberty Jet No heat on Drivers side
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:07 am 
LOST Newbie

Scar0 wrote:
Before you remounted the blend door actuator, you should switch the temp selector to "hot" if the door was in the hot position. If the blend door was in the cold position then the switch should be in the cold position before reinstalling the actuator. You may have to manually move the actuator gear to get it lined up.
The "stops" for the blend door actuator movement are computer controlled. And if the actual door and the actuator are not lined up correctly a dealer will have to calibrate them via the computers, or they will not work correctly. They may even break something if not installed right.

Yep, that's what I did. Seems to be fine. Now. I still got no heat on the drivers side floor, but plenty of air movement. I was looking on the KA forums and it looks like it might just be the way the air is channeled to the floor vents.

As I side note, i tried reversing the floor thru the core yesterday and the heat issue was even worse, it was pretty much cold on the drivers side. Wish I could snake the dang thing :x

ATH Shackle Mounts w/ Rugged Ridge D-rings
Mopar Hitch

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:41 am 
LOST Newbie

Scar0 wrote:
JEEPerscreepers wrote:
If it were the heater core wouldn't it affect both sides though?

Lots of KA owners had this. If it were the blend door you would have = temp on both sides and all vents.
99.9% it is a partially blocked heater core. The drivers side of the core sits a bit lower then the passenger side, and is farthest from the inlet and outlet, so that is where the crud settles.
Isolate the heater core and flush it both directions several times. It only takes about 1 tablespoon of gunk to partially clog the core.

This is exactly what was happening to my wifes KK, she had the heater core replaced at the stealership last year while I was deployed, same problem came back :banghead: so I was looking at blend doors, actuators...you mame it, I just could not believe it was the heater core again...it was just replaced! :? Well the sensored word at the stealership didn't flush the system when they replaced the core! :furious: So after reading this thread, I did a core flush and it was clogged! And the heat works great again on both sides, Driver and Passenger! :-)r

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:11 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Love to hear another success story bjhumplik! :BANANA: Glad we were able to help.
Thank you for your service!
Sorry to hear the dealer took advantage of your wife while you were serving your country.
As I stated before, they (Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge) know this is a problem. But apparently they don't care enough to make it right. It is also obvious the dealer only did a band-aid fix, by not doing a proper full system flush at the time of the core replacement. :furious:
Until everything is flushed out of all 3 areas(Heater core, Engine, and radiator), the core will get blocked again.

ESP Off Switch
Take a ride on the Trō side!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:13 pm 
LOST Newbie

I'll do a full systems flush the next week when I'm off, Thanks for the advice!