It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:57 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Time for a build M1102!!!
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:32 pm 
LOST Addict

Thanks Lauren! The M1101 I bought is actually a 2010 (cheeper insurance luckily). The tires were manufactured in 2014. I worked out the math to be about 6.4" wider from the fenders. One glance back at the trailer from the side mirrors and its a whole lotta sexiness.

@Victor, besides what Schutt painted on, theres no names or spray patches. A little bit of body damage but thats nothing that a torch and a BFH can not help remody.

Maxxis 31x10.50x15

ATS42rle

Post subject: Re: Time for a build M1101!!!
PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:38 am 
LOST Newbie

Wow! Great buy! I've had a lot of experience with these trailers and will tell you they can put up with almost anything you can throw at them. They have their own little quirks, but if you treat it right, they'll survive almost anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:00 pm 
LOST Addict

Worked on the trailer today. Finished the trailer wiring to 7 pin. I also removed the red blackout cover to convert it to a back up light with 1156 bulbs. Which are pretty darn bright. The yellow blackout was removed and will not be used. I also shined up the tires. I wont shine them up all the time because the shine I use is mainly a shine and not a protectant.

I met my goal with completing the trailer. I wanted it done in 2 days. Now the Jeep side... That may take untill Friday because I need relays on every positive feed to the trailer. I may have an issue with space... And time. I need it done by Friday, trailer is hopefully being taken to Rausch this Saturday for more extreme testing.

Maxxis 31x10.50x15

ATS42rle

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:06 pm 
LOST Addict

"Finished" the trailer lights. I got the licence plate today for the trailer. Didn't think it would have been that expensive...

I also just about lost it with the lights today. The trailer and vehicle 7 pin connectors i had bought from the same manufacturer had completly diffrent pin layouts. For exemple right turn matched up with ground.

I have a relay board in the mail for Thursday so lighting should be 100% by then. Trailer bulbs easily overload the jeeps wireing. Licence plate is zip tied to the trailer currently. It was way to cold out to continue without propane heat so i called it a night.

Someone remind me to biy 5 more tanks of propane please because im a freaking popsicle.

Maxxis 31x10.50x15

ATS42rle

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:37 pm 
LOST Addict

The trailer isnt even legal to drive around yet and im already working on storage solutions for the tounge. Im getting a rectangular type box due to space requirements that I need. With the largest box i can fit without chopping things up I can fit 4 lithium batteries, charge controller, inverter, and spare space for tools and such.

I'm still hung up on the trailers plastic cover to cover the bed. I could use metal stock bit that would add a few hundred pounds and wouldnt really be able to be hinged on one side. Which is a must because my entire build revolves around a hinged bed cover.

Maxxis 31x10.50x15

ATS42rle

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 4:49 pm 
LOST Addict

Got the trailer out of storage today. Worked on the brakes. Blead the brake lines. Found out the issue why I failed brake inspection, the brake actuator busted in half...

And it looks like this one was the wrong replacement. Bought the right one and will last years more of service.

Still need shocks... Im trying to make up my mind about military shocks or aftermarket shocks with a spindle size change.

Maxxis 31x10.50x15

ATS42rle

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:12 am 
LOST Addict

Got the brake actuator in today. Install was a breeze. Brakes work good.

Heres the list of what needs to be done yet:

Green: DONE
BLUE: BOUGHT
RED: NOT YET PURCHASED

Brakes
Cargo bed cover
Tool box for power delivery equipment
Softer shocks
Power delivery (incl. exterior lighting)
Roof top tent (Gordigear Explorer Plus)
Fridge (Dometic 80L)
Kitchen gear
Fluid tanks (yes, more then 1 tank)
RTT suspension devices
Lock N Roll
Bed-liner or carpeting for cargo bed

REV. MARCH 2016

________________________________________________________________________________

That's a lot of red, but the plan is to have the trailer built and ready for full scale testing by December of this year. the RTT and Fridge will require months of work alone as work is getting alot more hectic...

hang in tight with me guys! :POPCORN: :CAMPING:

Maxxis 31x10.50x15

ATS42rle

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 6:37 pm 
LOST Addict

Sounds like you have big plans for it! I am looking forward to seeing a sketch or a diagram of how you might build it so that everything on your list fits together. Share with the group? :CAMPING:

BFG KO2’s 245/75R16
Full MOPAR skid plates
Rock Lizard Skink Super Sliders
AtTheHelm Front Recovery System & Roof Rack

M116A3 Trailer build thread: viewtopic.php?f=72&t=77997

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:02 pm 
LOST Addict

well Lauren, you put me to work today. today was the first day I put my ideas on paper!

this is the picture of where im installing the gigantic fridge. if I go one size smaller the unit is really small. this size really fits what I want, though I do need to chop off the top bed rail... the fridge is 20" tall and the cargo bed to right below the bed rail is 17". so I need to make the RTT support rails bump up about 4". RTT rails continue all the way around the cargo bed for a cleaner look then just a bolt on.

this is the size, shape, and color of the toolbox im getting. the Jerry can box will be cut off for added clearance for the tool box. there is ample room for the mechanical brake levers, support legs, and MBC. the box will open to the sky and not the ground (or eye level), will look down into the box.

nothing is changing on the tailgate.

self explanatory. the fridge can not fit in the larger personal space. plus if it did there would be way to much weight on the rear of the trailer with it there.

plenty of cutting on the passenger side for sure. the suprise will not be released until the tanks are installed. both tanks will be D.O.T legal btw.

the water tank is in front of the axle and will most likely be larger then 40 gallons. tank #2 will be behind the axle and be smaller then 25 gallons. though depending on weight and tank size I may switch the 2 tanks location spots.

Maxxis 31x10.50x15

ATS42rle

Last edited by PALiftedKK on Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:12 pm 
LOST Newbie

this is looking great! I'm sure the Facebook group would love it too!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:02 pm 
LOST Addict

removed the jerry can holder a few days back. saving the holder for a potential use (not sure).

progress is moving on the build. working on designs at the moment and still finalizing parts. funding looks a bit scarry atm for the trailer...

turns out that i have danm expensive taste for the build.

Maxxis 31x10.50x15

ATS42rle

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:41 pm 
LOST Addict

as i am slowly getting ready for the build i am thinking on the tow rig i will be using. i want my liberty to hual the trailer into Alaska, but modifications and repairs will cost upwards of 7k. if i do a 8" lift were talkin 20k to do it my way. so i figure a commander is a potential buy and the liberty as a trail and fun rig. though i still would need to fix up the liberty and to add on some beefy A/T to the commander.

:5SHOTS: ughhhh someone please send $50k my way. checks payable to the Jeep funding project.

Maxxis 31x10.50x15

ATS42rle

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:52 pm 
LOST Addict

PALiftedKK wrote:
as i am slowly getting ready for the build i am thinking on the tow rig i will be using. i want my liberty to hual the trailer into Alaska, but modifications and repairs will cost upwards of 7k. if i do a 8" lift were talkin 20k to do it my way. so i figure a commander is a potential buy and the liberty as a trail and fun rig. though i still would need to fix up the liberty and to add on some beefy A/T to the commander.

:5SHOTS: ughhhh someone please send $50k my way. checks payable to the Jeep funding project.

Wow! A Commander could have the 4.7L V8, so it could definitely haul your trailer. But if you had one, wouldn't you want the Jeepin By Al 8 inch lift kit, 4XGuard sliders, skid plates, and armor, and the whole 9 yards? :POPCORN: http://jeepinbyal.com/commander-2006-2010-xk.html

BFG KO2’s 245/75R16
Full MOPAR skid plates
Rock Lizard Skink Super Sliders
AtTheHelm Front Recovery System & Roof Rack

M116A3 Trailer build thread: viewtopic.php?f=72&t=77997

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:35 pm 
LOST Addict

lfhoward wrote:
PALiftedKK wrote:

Wow! A Commander could have the 4.7L V8, so it could definitely haul your trailer. But if you had one, wouldn't you want the Jeepin By Al 8 inch lift kit, 4XGuard sliders, skid plates, and armor, and the whole 9 yards? :POPCORN: http://jeepinbyal.com/commander-2006-2010-xk.html

I believe it could have a Hemi too. Also unless you're dead set on the XK body, look at the WKs. They're the same platform just without a 3rd row. Same lifts and engines and I know for a fact these have Hemis.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:57 pm 
LOST Addict

Im interested in the 4.7. The hemi is just to large of an engine for what it would be used for. It would certiantly have a lift, but not more then 4" or i may stay stock with larger tires and trimming. It would be a daily driver so id want to have a 4.7 limited edition. The kk just isnt luxury. Just good off road! Id like the commander to be the limited and de-chrome if needed. Neighbor has one up the street that has no more then 50k miles driven. Its a tow behind an rv most of its life.

Maxxis 31x10.50x15

ATS42rle

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:30 pm 
LOST Addict

Nonsense. There's no such thing as too much POWAAAAA! Idk about the 4.7s, but I'm fairly certain that Hemi WKs can't swap gear ratios for some reason. If that's the case with 4.7s as well it might be worth it to go for the added power of a hemi.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 2:14 pm 
LOST Addict

PALiftedKK wrote:
Got the brake actuator in today. Install was a breeze. Brakes work good.

Heres the list of what needs to be done yet:

Green: DONE
BLUE: BOUGHT
RED: NOT YET PURCHASED

Brakes
Cargo bed cover
Tool box for power delivery equipment
Softer shocks
Power delivery (incl. exterior lighting)
Roof top tent (Gordigear Explorer Plus)
Fridge (Dometic 80L)
Kitchen gear
Fluid tanks (yes, more then 1 tank)
RTT suspension devices
Lock N Roll
Bed-liner or carpeting for cargo bed

REV. MARCH 2016

________________________________________________________________________________

That's a lot of red, but the plan is to have the trailer built and ready for full scale testing by December of this year. the RTT and Fridge will require months of work alone as work is getting alot more hectic...

hang in tight with me guys! :POPCORN: :CAMPING:

Welp, im waiting on a few answers but im getting ready to drop a few grand on getting this trailer built this month.

The list above is still accurate. I will be tig welding the RTT my self as it is just about the same price for me to do it vs having a shop do it. Plus i get to have my own welder!

I will use 2" square aluminum, 0.125" thickness. Though i may go thicker. I project i will need 80' of the aluminum but i will need to re-measure for amount i need plus a few foot extra.

The RTT frame will not be at a fixed length, nor will it be bare aluminum. Tool box on the tounge and depending on how many i can fit on the trailer will depend on the tank sizes i can have. The trailer tub will be enclosed and have a few storage truck boxes on it. The projected weight gain is about 900 lbs.

Any metal device or stock will be of aluminium. I want the trailer to last a life time without rusting. That is why i bought the m1101 being of aluminum and chromoly construction.

Maxxis 31x10.50x15

ATS42rle

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:04 pm 
LOST Addict

Added mud flaps a few weeks back. They mainly were added for looks as there is not any half decent mounting spot for a cross brace for the flap to moint to so i just mounted it to the wheel well.

On a side note, I got a far better job that will pay the jeep bills and then some so just got to wait for those few paychecks and be smart about payments for the trailer. Cause its extremely expensive...

Anyways,

Maxxis 31x10.50x15

ATS42rle

Last edited by PALiftedKK on Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:42 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Pics not showing. When clicked it is asking to download a "webp File".

ESP Off Switch
Take a ride on the Trō side!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:10 am 
LOST Addict

Scar0 wrote:
Pics not showing. When clicked it is asking to download a "webp File".

Hmm, i post direslctly to google so idk why it says that. Is it an issue for all of the photos or just the previous post?

Maxxis 31x10.50x15

ATS42rle

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next