It is currently Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Time for a build M1101!!!
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 3:37 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict

Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:15 am
Posts: 1438
Location: Pennsylvania
lfhoward wrote:
That’s awesome!! Will there be crossbars at the top of the corner posts to support the tent? Or will the tent go on the aluminum decking? Either way, super sweet build!



Hey Lauren! The tent mounts to a frame that is on actuators that mount to those posts. Under the tent is tool boxes and storeage space for trail tools and food and such.

_________________
2012 Jeep Liberty KK 84k miles
4" lift.
Gen 5.5 A-Arms
Maxxis 31x10.50x15

Jeep Photos: https://plus.google.com/+Ryantechtips/posts
M1101 Trailer Build- BUILD IN PROGRESS / 70% http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=88&t=83940


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Time for a build M1101!!!
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 9:18 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict

Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:15 am
Posts: 1438
Location: Pennsylvania
Loaded up the trailer Saturday to see a fellow KK"er" and to get help again with welding the trailer up. Tent frame completed as well as a few areas reinforced. I forgot the actuators at home so they'll be installed once the brackets are welded on... Still need to brace the tent frame but for now she's trail ready and camp ready!!

Image

Image

Image

Image

All that I'll have time for before my typical summer jeep vacation is to install the battery tool box and solar pannels and wiring. Yes, more then one, also more then 2 :BINGO: :rockon: :rockon:

_________________
2012 Jeep Liberty KK 84k miles
4" lift.
Gen 5.5 A-Arms
Maxxis 31x10.50x15

Jeep Photos: https://plus.google.com/+Ryantechtips/posts
M1101 Trailer Build- BUILD IN PROGRESS / 70% http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=88&t=83940


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Time for a build M1101!!!
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:54 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict

Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:15 am
Posts: 1438
Location: Pennsylvania
Been a while since I last posted here!

Since then I have lost all of my photos here due to Google removing them... but the trailer has been getting small updates done due to work. The brakes on the trailer are hydraulic and came from the military with a surge brake actuator. Currently I am in the process of wiring up the brake up the electric over hydraulic pump. I made the brake line from the pump to the factory lines with hard line instead of the easy rubber line trying to stick with reliability. once I get photo posting back I'll report back!

_________________
2012 Jeep Liberty KK 84k miles
4" lift.
Gen 5.5 A-Arms
Maxxis 31x10.50x15

Jeep Photos: https://plus.google.com/+Ryantechtips/posts
M1101 Trailer Build- BUILD IN PROGRESS / 70% http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=88&t=83940


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Time for a build M1101!!!
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:27 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:32 am
Posts: 3061
Location: Philadelphia, PA
PALiftedKK wrote:
Been a while since I last posted here!

Since then I have lost all of my photos here due to Google removing them... but the trailer has been getting small updates done due to work. The brakes on the trailer are hydraulic and came from the military with a surge brake actuator. Currently I am in the process of wiring up the brake up the electric over hydraulic pump. I made the brake line from the pump to the factory lines with hard line instead of the easy rubber line trying to stick with reliability. once I get photo posting back I'll report back!


Well crap! The photos of your trailer are awesome. Throw a couple of good ones on here once you get your photo hosting sorted, to give context to your brake work.

Nice job making your own hard brake lines. I did that once so I know how frustrating it can be to make a double flare and have it leak. But it will last a good long while. I’m interested to see your electric I’ve hudraulic setup. My trailer has only the hydraulic surge brakes as you know, and they work ok but not with precision.

_________________
2008 Liberty Sport 4x4 Automatic
Image
Jeepin By Al 4" Lift Kit
BFG KO2’s 245/75R16
Full MOPAR skid plates
Rock Lizard Skink Super Sliders
AtTheHelm Front Recovery System & Roof Rack

M116A3 Trailer build thread: viewtopic.php?f=72&t=77997


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Time for a build M1101!!!
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:39 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict

Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:15 am
Posts: 1438
Location: Pennsylvania
lfhoward wrote:
PALiftedKK wrote:
Been a while since I last posted here!

Since then I have lost all of my photos here due to Google removing them... but the trailer has been getting small updates done due to work. The brakes on the trailer are hydraulic and came from the military with a surge brake actuator. Currently I am in the process of wiring up the brake up the electric over hydraulic pump. I made the brake line from the pump to the factory lines with hard line instead of the easy rubber line trying to stick with reliability. once I get photo posting back I'll report back!


Well crap! The photos of your trailer are awesome. Throw a couple of good ones on here once you get your photo hosting sorted, to give context to your brake work.

Nice job making your own hard brake lines. I did that once so I know how frustrating it can be to make a double flare and have it leak. But it will last a good long while. I’m interested to see your electric I’ve hudraulic setup. My trailer has only the hydraulic surge brakes as you know, and they work ok but not with precision.



Hey Lauren! Long time! Haha. Shockingly, I got 25' of hard line and only bent and cut 2' of it. Flared both ends and put 1000psi to it just today and to my sheer amazement no leaks! Pure luck I guess! Only issue I'm having at the moment is that I don't have braking power just yet. I believe the shoes or slave cylinder is shot. I hear the shoes and springs move but they don't clamp onto the drum. Luckily (weather permitting) I have all day Saturday to figure this gremlin out! I only have Google drive left working so let's see if those links work... I know it's a pain!...


https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GH4JA9KVdTr-x_vDfVWbPb3Nn6mGTR-f/view?usp=drivesdk

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YUB0p27FTPEJgf6HSOHtxslE3im67P3t/view?usp=drivesdk

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iW6L3QsPdTTGV3rozvFJF3H8rA0ojZVL/view?usp=drivesdk

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vDx2CF4mr_GY-wJs7x_Uk8TXJ5UzVgnu/view?usp=drivesdk

_________________
2012 Jeep Liberty KK 84k miles
4" lift.
Gen 5.5 A-Arms
Maxxis 31x10.50x15

Jeep Photos: https://plus.google.com/+Ryantechtips/posts
M1101 Trailer Build- BUILD IN PROGRESS / 70% http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=88&t=83940


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Time for a build M1101!!!
PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:13 am 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:32 am
Posts: 3061
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Ha! I love that you have the electric over hydraulic brake compressor in an ammo box. That is a nice touch. :D

Also, either I forgot or I never knew you had an ATH rear bumper. Sweet!

How do you like the embedded tow receiver on ATH’s bumper? Is it any higher than the Mopar one? I was thinking that I could drop the adjustable pintle hitch a bolt hole or two if I got one of those.

_________________
2008 Liberty Sport 4x4 Automatic
Image
Jeepin By Al 4" Lift Kit
BFG KO2’s 245/75R16
Full MOPAR skid plates
Rock Lizard Skink Super Sliders
AtTheHelm Front Recovery System & Roof Rack

M116A3 Trailer build thread: viewtopic.php?f=72&t=77997


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Time for a build M1101!!!
PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:51 am 
Offline
LOST Addict

Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:15 am
Posts: 1438
Location: Pennsylvania
I believe it is the same height as the mopar hitch. I'm assuming it is a prebuilt hitch spec with the bumper welded to it. That's the only hitch I've had on the jeep so i honestly couldn't tell if it sits higher or not.

My plan this weekend if i have time to is to finish drilling holes in the frame to flip the hitch upside down to drop the trailers hitch in order to be able to place some sort of a lock n roll on it. The current hitch placement will not work. Dropping the hitch gets the trailer and jeep nearly level with each other.

_________________
2012 Jeep Liberty KK 84k miles
4" lift.
Gen 5.5 A-Arms
Maxxis 31x10.50x15

Jeep Photos: https://plus.google.com/+Ryantechtips/posts
M1101 Trailer Build- BUILD IN PROGRESS / 70% http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=88&t=83940


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Time for a build M1101!!!
PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:28 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict

Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:15 am
Posts: 1438
Location: Pennsylvania
PALiftedKK wrote:
I believe it is the same height as the mopar hitch. I'm assuming it is a prebuilt hitch spec with the bumper welded to it. That's the only hitch I've had on the jeep so i honestly couldn't tell if it sits higher or not.

My plan this weekend if i have time to is to finish drilling holes in the frame to flip the hitch upside down to drop the trailers hitch in order to be able to place some sort of a lock n roll on it. The current hitch placement will not work. Dropping the hitch gets the trailer and jeep nearly level with each other.



Lauren, just finished up the trailer brakes today!!! Both sides were 2 revolutions to loose. Inspected the pads and bearings and I would estimate they have well less then 50% left on both sides. I know I got them adjusted to tight as i want the brake controller to be on max setting without locking up the brakes. I have the redarc controller and it is a knob style that goes from 0-10. I currently have it set to 4.25 on the braking power. That is a comfortable setting. Any higher and in an emergency stop (which the redarc can detect) and the wheels lock up. Check out the video. Controller setting was on 10 for this test. I only tapped the brakes just enough for the brake lights to illuminate.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/16XkhcG2-KOCfOi8OBC22T2Nwgua35peW/view?usp=drivesdk

_________________
2012 Jeep Liberty KK 84k miles
4" lift.
Gen 5.5 A-Arms
Maxxis 31x10.50x15

Jeep Photos: https://plus.google.com/+Ryantechtips/posts
M1101 Trailer Build- BUILD IN PROGRESS / 70% http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=88&t=83940


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Time for a build M1101!!!
PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:46 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:32 am
Posts: 3061
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Hi PALiftedKK! It’s been a while so I just thought I’d check in and see how the M1101 build is going. I’ve been out camping with my M116A3 already this year and plan to do that several more times in the summer. One of the things on my to-do / wish list is to get the spare tire out of the trailer interior and think of a better mounting solution than throwing it in my Jeep’s roof basket. I’d like to mount it underneath the trailer frame on a spare tire winch (like a pickup truck). I don’t do any crazy rock crawling with this thing so maximum ground clearance isn’t a priority. It has 32’s on 16 inch rims from a GMC 2500. The civvy tires are easier to deal with than the 37’s it came with. On yours you still run the 37’s on beadlock rims, right? Yours look like they are still in good shape (unlike what my trailer came with). Do yours include internal run-flats? If so, you might not need to bother with where to put a spare. But if you did need a spare, where would you mount it?

_________________
2008 Liberty Sport 4x4 Automatic
Image
Jeepin By Al 4" Lift Kit
BFG KO2’s 245/75R16
Full MOPAR skid plates
Rock Lizard Skink Super Sliders
AtTheHelm Front Recovery System & Roof Rack

M116A3 Trailer build thread: viewtopic.php?f=72&t=77997


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Time for a build M1101!!!
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:01 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict

Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:15 am
Posts: 1438
Location: Pennsylvania
lfhoward wrote:
Hi PALiftedKK! It’s been a while so I just thought I’d check in and see how the M1101 build is going. I’ve been out camping with my M116A3 already this year and plan to do that several more times in the summer. One of the things on my to-do / wish list is to get the spare tire out of the trailer interior and think of a better mounting solution than throwing it in my Jeep’s roof basket. I’d like to mount it underneath the trailer frame on a spare tire winch (like a pickup truck). I don’t do any crazy rock crawling with this thing so maximum ground clearance isn’t a priority. It has 32’s on 16 inch rims from a GMC 2500. The civvy tires are easier to deal with than the 37’s it came with. On yours you still run the 37’s on beadlock rims, right? Yours look like they are still in good shape (unlike what my trailer came with). Do yours include internal run-flats? If so, you might not need to bother with where to put a spare. But if you did need a spare, where would you mount it?


Yep, shes still got the 37s. Probably 90% tread left on them but that's getting worse now as I have functional brakes and once in a while I forget there's 4k lbs behind me and stomp on the brakes. My brake controller has an inertia based brake mode and senses normal braking versus emergency situations. It's a 50/50 if they lock up. I think it may be user error though. Like maybe the pads are to tight or something. On user control mode I have it set to 4.25 and that is the highest it can go before the brakes lock up on the trailer. Hmm.

I do have the run flats but have always thought about removing the PVC run flats as they are darn heavy... i want to make a bumper that slides into the stabilizer leg pockets. Toss a 35" spare on the back because ain't no one got money for a 37" spare that will most likely never be used. 35" spare is affordable and no need to tire size match when there is nothing locking left and right sides together.

Also, the trailer is getting it's tent frame stiffened up early may as well as the linear actuator supports welded on. Those supports have to be beefy as they each need to be capable of holding 250lbs each. Once the tent frame is 100% complete I can start permanently wiring the tent instead of wire loom and zip ties up and down the sides of the tent frame. I'm super excited for the frame to finally be finished as that's really all that's left to do that I can not easily do since I'm not much of a welder.

_________________
2012 Jeep Liberty KK 84k miles
4" lift.
Gen 5.5 A-Arms
Maxxis 31x10.50x15

Jeep Photos: https://plus.google.com/+Ryantechtips/posts
M1101 Trailer Build- BUILD IN PROGRESS / 70% http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=88&t=83940


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Time for a build M1101!!!
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:25 am 
Offline
LOST Addict

Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:15 am
Posts: 1438
Location: Pennsylvania
Working on the trailer all this week! So far I have gotten the electrical wiring sorted out!! Got the security panel wired up which was a struggle since day one to make it work how I wanted it to. It has an internal momentary relay which won't work for my application so I wired up a latching relay! The latching relay will power all of the trailers electronics besides emergency lighting and siren. I hooked up switches for the left and right flood perimeter lights inline with a wireless control module, that also took some thought on how the two can be used at the same time! I said siren because the places that I intend to take the trailer, it would be dumb not to have a siren on it. The sirens use will be for a medical emergency or a wildlife attack on the site so anyone in the surrounding areas can hear it and in Hope's will follow the sound to the site. I'll try to post up a video or photo of all of this working later today or this week.

_________________
2012 Jeep Liberty KK 84k miles
4" lift.
Gen 5.5 A-Arms
Maxxis 31x10.50x15

Jeep Photos: https://plus.google.com/+Ryantechtips/posts
M1101 Trailer Build- BUILD IN PROGRESS / 70% http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=88&t=83940


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Time for a build M1101!!!
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:08 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict

Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:15 am
Posts: 1438
Location: Pennsylvania
Been kind of busy with camping and fixing the jeep recently. Been saving up the funds to finish it all up at once. Few grand left till she's done, hundreds of feet of data line to run. It's all reliable electronics being installed though trying to stay as close to being analog equipment for long term reliability. There are some things that I feel that I need to monitor and keep track of. All equipment installed so far is analog and easily traceable with heat shrink color coded wires which already have saved me diagnosing an electrical issue. I still have yet to install the pure sine wave inverter and the very last reverse light. The one reverse light that is on is a huge huge help with backing up. Its definitely a luxury compared to me backing up a 53' trailer in the dark. Luxuries galore planned and or installed for this trailer! Stay tuned! :POPCORN:

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

_________________
2012 Jeep Liberty KK 84k miles
4" lift.
Gen 5.5 A-Arms
Maxxis 31x10.50x15

Jeep Photos: https://plus.google.com/+Ryantechtips/posts
M1101 Trailer Build- BUILD IN PROGRESS / 70% http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=88&t=83940


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Time for a build M1101!!!
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:36 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:32 am
Posts: 3061
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Just gotta say (again) that your trailer is awesome! What a great camping rig.

What do you do with the flat topped aluminum cover? Do you put anything on top of it, and under your tent, like a pair of kayaks? I can see it's great for weatherproofing whatever is in the bed.

The Better Built tongue box is the same one I have on my camping trailer. Mine is full of 3 batteries. I think I'd like to upgrade the batteries to sealed AGM, reduce the number to 2, and eventually move my inverter in there (my box is vented) to cut down on the loss of voltage. It's a 1000 watt pure sine wave unit and it shuts down trying to run an 800 watt heater. The electrons have to move through 12 feet of 2 AWG wiring (6 feet one way) from the batteries to the inverter and there is some inefficiency there. (I used this chart for wiring gauge planning: http://assets.bluesea.com/files/resources/newsletter/images/DC_wire_selection_chartlg.jpg)

I've been camping recently up on the Allegheny Plateau in north central PA and hope to do so again in October. Where are you at in your photos? The maple and yellow birch trees in your photos make me think you might be up in the mountains too.

_________________
2008 Liberty Sport 4x4 Automatic
Image
Jeepin By Al 4" Lift Kit
BFG KO2’s 245/75R16
Full MOPAR skid plates
Rock Lizard Skink Super Sliders
AtTheHelm Front Recovery System & Roof Rack

M116A3 Trailer build thread: viewtopic.php?f=72&t=77997


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Time for a build M1101!!!
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:26 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict

Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:15 am
Posts: 1438
Location: Pennsylvania
lfhoward wrote:
Just gotta say (again) that your trailer is awesome! What a great camping rig.

What do you do with the flat topped aluminum cover? Do you put anything on top of it, and under your tent, like a pair of kayaks? I can see it's great for weatherproofing whatever is in the bed.

The Better Built tongue box is the same one I have on my camping trailer. Mine is full of 3 batteries. I think I'd like to upgrade the batteries to sealed AGM, reduce the number to 2, and eventually move my inverter in there (my box is vented) to cut down on the loss of voltage. It's a 1000 watt pure sine wave unit and it shuts down trying to run an 800 watt heater. The electrons have to move through 12 feet of 2 AWG wiring (6 feet one way) from the batteries to the inverter and there is some inefficiency there. (I used this chart for wiring gauge planning: http://assets.bluesea.com/files/resources/newsletter/images/DC_wire_selection_chartlg.jpg)

I've been camping recently up on the Allegheny Plateau in north central PA and hope to do so again in October. Where are you at in your photos? The maple and yellow birch trees in your photos make me think you might be up in the mountains too.


Thank you!

The cover you speak of is welded in place for the kitchen pull outs and also is there for one day when my jeep runs right is for two; 72" side opening tool boxes. One side will be for kitchen food and utensils. The otherside is for trail recovery equipment such as a chainsaw, axe, hand saw, etc. There is roughly 3' of room in between the two tool boxes for added covered and water tight storage. that storage space will be solely for clothing and bedding.

I am down in Virginia close by the George Washington National Forest so camping is easy travel distance wise.

_________________
2012 Jeep Liberty KK 84k miles
4" lift.
Gen 5.5 A-Arms
Maxxis 31x10.50x15

Jeep Photos: https://plus.google.com/+Ryantechtips/posts
M1101 Trailer Build- BUILD IN PROGRESS / 70% http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=88&t=83940


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 18 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com