It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:55 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: 2 codes
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:36 am 
LOST Addict

Location: Oregon Coast Dairy Country. Land of stumps, dumps, and "Liquid Pumps"
Ooooooouuuughhhhh....

Well, searching that led me to this: (From Jan 2006)

BLake wrote:
The CEL has not returned since I erased the code with my pocket scanner. While starting it yesterday, I noticed that I tend to very lightly touch the brake pedal when cranking. I wonder if I tricked the system. The code is for "Brake switch A brake switch B correlation"

The TSB says this is a nuisance code. Nuisance my fanny. It disables the cruise control and sets a U0121 code which is "Lost Communication With Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS) Control Module" I guess that means no ABS while the code is set.

I just got back from a 200 mile trip. Very surprised at how comfortable the seats are. It cruises nicely and tracks down the road well. My old full size Blazer likes to wander all over the road. Didn't expect this from a short wheel base truck.

So.... :banghead:
Here we are back to your first answer post possibly being right, and me to thick to figure out what you were talking about, Scar0. :banghead:

Looks like I have something else to try. At least they aren't expensive.

Sasquatch
DSS Turbo
CAT-elimntr
Weeks Stg1&2 EGRfix
PV-200
BLING
vent gauges

IDParts
head
cams
rockers
Timing set
ARP studs
eTn1 GX2123 5v GPs

YETI Custom Tune
Flowmaster 8325508
Carter P76611M
GM 12611872
Hayden 2986
GM 15976889
PATC Custom Billet
2010 Ram Hemi Trans
Sonnax 44957
Transgo kit
Cooper 51770

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:33 pm 
LOST Addict

Location: Oregon Coast Dairy Country. Land of stumps, dumps, and "Liquid Pumps"
Oy

Now that I"m back at my brothers place with his good scanner, I went through with it this morning and found a whole septic tank load of codes. (Mostly stored, but..)

ECM codes
U0121
P0530
P1001

TCM codes
P0884
P1684

ABS codes
U0002
U0100
U0401
U140E
C2202

I cleared all the codes, and disconnected the Bat -
Checked all the pins for shorts, grounds, etc.
Changed out the $15 brake light switch.
Hooked the battery back up, cycled the ignition, and Voila!

... Still no cruise control. :banghead:

But, Hey! At least the brake lights still work, so it could have gone worse.
Oh! and the codes have stayed clear so far, nothing active, pending, or otherwise. So that's good.

Sasquatch
DSS Turbo
CAT-elimntr
Weeks Stg1&2 EGRfix
PV-200
BLING
vent gauges

IDParts
head
cams
rockers
Timing set
ARP studs
eTn1 GX2123 5v GPs

YETI Custom Tune
Flowmaster 8325508
Carter P76611M
GM 12611872
Hayden 2986
GM 15976889
PATC Custom Billet
2010 Ram Hemi Trans
Sonnax 44957
Transgo kit
Cooper 51770

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:18 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Before you go any further, put the 2 wires you swapped back where they were in the C1 ECM plug. See if any of the codes come back.

Above 2006 KJ Codes "Generally" explained for others looking... These are not KK codes!
U0121 = Lost communication with anti-lock brake system (abs) control module. Possible causes; Can C bus circuits open or shorted, DTCS related to battery voltage, ignition, or VIN messages, Anti-lock brake module, Anti-lock brake module power and ground, Module that set this DTC.

P0530 = AC pressure sensor malfunction plausibility - circuit malfunction. Possible causes; 5-volt supply circuit open, BCM - a/c pressure sensor signal circuit shorted to voltage, BCM - a/c pressure sensor signal short to ground, A/C pressure sensor failure, A/C pressure sensor signal circuit open, A/C pressure sensor signal circuit shorted to ground, A/C pressure sensor signal circuit shorted to sensor ground, A/C pressure sensor signal circuit shorted to voltage,
Sensor ground circuit open, Intermittent condition.

P1001 = Ignition key off timer performance - too fast. Possible causes; BCM, BCM power and grounds, Checking for other DTCs, Checking ECT operation, Ignition switch, Intermittent condition.

P0884 = Power up at speed (42RLE). Possible Causes; Intermittent power and ground circuits.
P0884 = Power up at speed (Diesel 545RFE), Possible Causes; Intermittent power and ground circuits, A rolling restart maneuver.

P1684 = Battery was disconnected (42RLE) Possible Causes; Battery was disconnected, PCM was replaced or disconnected, Quick learn was performed, (A919) Fused b+ circuit to PCM open, (Z908 and Z977) Ground circuit open.
OR
P1684 = Battery was disconnected (Diesel 545RFE) Possible Causes; Battery was disconnected, Scan tool battery disconnect performed, TCM was replaced or disconnected, Quick learn was performed.

U0002 = Can C bus off performance. Possible Causes; A module detects a short in either CAN C Bus circuit. This code can set other DTCs.

U0100 = ABS; Lost communication with ECM/PCM. Possible Causes; DTCs related to battery voltage, ignition, or VIN messages., CAN C bus circuits open or shorted, ECM or PCM power and ground, ECM or PCM, Anti-lock brakes module.
OR
U0100 = Lost communication with ECM/PCM. Possible Causes; CAN C bus circuits open or shorted, DTCs related to battery voltage, ignition, or VIN messages, ECM/PCM, ECM/PCM power and ground, Module that set this DTC( ie 42RLE module, ABS module...)

U0401 = ABS; Implausible data received from ECM/PCM. Possible Causes; ABM CAN BUS DTCs, ENGINE DTCs, Anti-lock brake module.

U140E = ABS; Implausible vehicle configuration data received. Possible Causes; Wiring harness, terminal, connector damage., DTCs related to battery voltage, ignition, or VIN messages, CAN C bus circuits open or shorted, ECM OR PCM DTCs present, ECM OR PCM not programmed or programmed with incorrect VIN, BCM not programmed or programmed with incorrect information, ECM, PCM or BCM, Anti-lock brakes module.

C2202 = ABS; Original VIN mismatch/missing. Possible Causes; Anti-lock brake module. When it fails the diagnostic test.

ESP Off Switch
Take a ride on the Trō side!