It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Tire comparison help
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:02 pm 
LOST Newbie

I have a stock 12 liberty. Looking at 255/55 r18 tires. First of , do you think I'll be fine with no lift?
Now, I'm stuck choosing between three tires. BFGoodrich ko2, General grabber at2 and nitro Terra grappler g2. Noise, comfort and street handling are important. Thanks for any help or input you can give.

Post subject: Re: Tire comparison help
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:18 am 
LOST Newbie

oldanddusty wrote:
I have a stock 12 liberty. Looking at 255/55 r18 tires. First of , do you think I'll be fine with no lift?
Now, I'm stuck choosing between three tires. BFGoodrich ko2, General grabber at2 and nitro Terra grappler g2. Noise, comfort and street handling are important. Thanks for any help or input you can give.

I got 35s ko2 on my f250 they're a great tire real quiet and smooth riding as a matter of fact I liked it so much o got a 33x10.5 15 for my kk that I'll be trying to fit in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:44 pm 
LOST Junkie

I think that size will fit.
I have 235/70/r15 General grabber AT2's on my XJ, and had dura tracs on my KK for awhile, both hreat AT tires. Not helping with your decision, I know.

Texans, come join us at Lone Star LOST!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/253493118163702?ref=bookmark&_rdr

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:47 pm 
LOST Addict

Should fit if they're under 30". I'm not up to date on the 18" wheel sizes. As for the tires, I'd skip BFG, just overpriced and outdated in my opinion (I know they recently updated them though).

The Generals are good, a few of my friends ran them and love them. They're great for the price.

Nittos are also great. My uncle runs them on his F250, and they've held up well and were really quiet on the 5 hour drives upstate. So hope that helps.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:58 pm 
LOST Newbie

You are shorter than stock at 29", but a bit wider. Should fit though, may rub in full lock turns. Rated for 7-8" rim so stock rims are ok as well. Looks to be a pretty good selection in that size as well. Of the brands mentioned I'd go with the Nittos hands down.

JBA/OME 927 / 731
255/60R18 Hankook Dynapro AT-M

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:24 pm 
Moderator / Lifetime Member

Don't waste your money on BFGs
The grabber AT2s are just cheaper knockoffs of the BFGs really
NITTO usually gets good reviews
Your choice of tires in 18 inch sucks though

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:02 pm 
LOST Newbie

Rather than start a new thread (and I know there are a bunch of tire threads out there already so apologies but I was looking for specific feedback). I need to replace the stock Wrangler SRA's finally (thank god I can't stand them), and I'm torn between spending a little extra for BFG TA KO2's vs. Hankook Dynapro ATM. I like the BFG's but I have also heard their wet traction is not awesome, anyone have an opinion on that? I was also looking at Goodyear Duratracs and I see they are available in 225/75/16, but I didn't see the option to get them in that size with white lettering which I prefer. Does Goodyear not have that option at that size? For the BFG's or Hankooks I was lloking to stay at 235/70/16.

Any info. or opinions are much appreciated!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:54 pm 

E1vis81 wrote:
Rather than start a new thread (and I know there are a bunch of tire threads out there already so apologies but I was looking for specific feedback). I need to replace the stock Wrangler SRA's finally (thank god I can't stand them), and I'm torn between spending a little extra for BFG TA KO2's vs. Hankook Dynapro ATM. I like the BFG's but I have also heard their wet traction is not awesome, anyone have an opinion on that? I was also looking at Goodyear Duratracs and I see they are available in 225/75/16, but I didn't see the option to get them in that size with white lettering which I prefer. Does Goodyear not have that option at that size? For the BFG's or Hankooks I was lloking to stay at 235/70/16.

Any info. or opinions are much appreciated!

I ran the Duratracs for over 90,000 miles on my 04 in size 265-75-16s, did great for me, loved them
I'd buy them over BFGs any day.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:06 am 
LOST Addict

X2 what Tom said. I have 75000 miles on my Duratracs now and still plenty of tread left. Keep them rotated and they will last a long time. Traction in all conditions is top notch. They are noisier than your SRA's and the gas mileage goes down by a couple of mpg's but hey it's a Jeep!

BFG KO2’s 245/75R16
Full MOPAR skid plates
Rock Lizard Skink Super Sliders
AtTheHelm Front Recovery System & Roof Rack

M116A3 Trailer build thread: viewtopic.php?f=72&t=77997