It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:10 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: 15x8 that works for the kk!!
PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:30 pm 
LOST Newbie

Ted15 wrote:
Ihapy2bnapy wrote:
Well love it or hate it ... here it is finally on 33s been driving it for about 500 miles and no rub anywhere . Still got to raise the back and inch Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What bumper is that? Rig looks good :mrgreen:

Thanks ! I made it last December , took the inspiration from rock lizard, and ath bumpers . Weights about 100 lbs w arm.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:33 pm 
LOST Newbie

GordnadoCRD wrote:
Very Nice!

How is the ride and handling with the 33's on 15's?

I would imagine not exactly a slalom killer, but probably a lot softer on rough roads?

Thanks man . It's actually a lot better than I thought really smooth on the highway compared to the coopers I had , I can go 70 mph all day w no problem ...the the regearing definitely made a big difference.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:40 pm 
LOST Newbie

Bmxer524 wrote:
Ihapy2bnapy wrote:
Well love it or hate it ... here it is finally on 33s been driving it for about 500 miles and no rub anywhere . Still got to raise the back and inch Image

Looks really good. Definitely not an ATH bumper. Looks almost rock lizard....but they never made a KK rear....

What are you officially sitting at from center of hub to the bottom of the flare now? And show us the cutting! lol

I really don't know the height ..i raised it more in the front, basically is a mixture of my old daystar and the OME's lol ... I'll get some more pics this weekend and or course of the "totaled pinch welds" lol

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:53 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

You did a great job, that's exactly what I want in a rear bumper. The only difference would be to put the tire on the other side and two fuel cans on the right. You wouldn't happen to have the details to get me started , would you?

2010 KK Deep Water Blue,OME Liftplus 1",JBA 5.5 UCA ,Dynaflow cat back exhaust, Weathertech VV & mats,Mopar skids,Atthehelm front bumper, Smittybilt XRC 10, Rigid LED's,RL Skink Supersliders,Gecko Safari Basket Detroit Truetrac rear, E-Locker front, G2, Dana 4.10's

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:56 am 
LOST Newbie

Ted15 wrote:
You did a great job, that's exactly what I want in a rear bumper. The only difference would be to put the tire on the other side and two fuel cans on the right. You wouldn't happen to have the details to get me started , would you?

:) I can put some measurements together with pics to give you an idea of where to start .. the way I did it was with cardboard and a glue gun to get the shapes and trace onto steel .

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:59 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Ihapy2bnapy wrote:
Ted15 wrote:

:) I can put some measurements together with pics to give you an idea of where to start .. the way I did it was with cardboard and a glue gun to get the shapes and trace onto steel .

Thanks, I appreciate it. I used to be a tool maker, my fabrication skills are lacking but I could probably figure it out with a little help. :JEEPIN:

2010 KK Deep Water Blue,OME Liftplus 1",JBA 5.5 UCA ,Dynaflow cat back exhaust, Weathertech VV & mats,Mopar skids,Atthehelm front bumper, Smittybilt XRC 10, Rigid LED's,RL Skink Supersliders,Gecko Safari Basket Detroit Truetrac rear, E-Locker front, G2, Dana 4.10's

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:46 pm 
LOST Addict

Measure from the center of the hub/center cap to the bottom of the flare. That'll tell you the actual lift height. She looks up there.

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 4:09 pm 
LOST Newbie

Bmxer524 wrote:
Measure from the center of the hub/center cap to the bottom of the flare. That'll tell you the actual lift height. She looks up there.

Sorry that has taken me forever to reply , between work and buying a house the kk is falling trough the cracks , from the fender to the middle of the hub I'm at 21 3/4 ...
the pinch welds are caped, I welded the seams its then put a 1/8 plate over them ... looks ok to me... made me some top plates to reach height out of aluminum ImageImageImage

ImageImage

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 4:12 pm 
LOST Newbie

Ted15 wrote:
Ihapy2bnapy wrote:
Ted15 wrote:

Here you go bro hope it helps ,
Pm me if you need anything else

Thanks, I appreciate it. I used to be a tool maker, my fabrication skills are lacking but I could probably figure it out with a little help. :JEEPIN:
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 4:14 pm 
LOST Newbie

Here's how is seating ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 4:41 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 2:46 pm 
Moderator / Lifetime Member

Ihapy2bnapy wrote:
Bmxer524 wrote:

Sorry that has taken me forever to reply , between work and buying a house the kk is falling trough the cracks , from the fender to the middle of the hub I'm at 21 3/4 ...
the pinch welds are caped, I welded the seams its then put a 1/8 plate over them ... looks ok to me... made me some top plates to reach height out of aluminum ImageImageImage

ImageImage

WOW good job on the bumper but dang a lot of large no-nos on suspension and cutting the pinch weld area out
But you'll replace a lot of parts and figure it out soon!

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 2:49 pm 

Ted15 wrote:

Yes tire carrier always on the left side , much easier to access the rear that way
Plus you don't have to try and look around it
placing the tire carrier behind the driver you never notice it

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 8:46 am 
LOST Newbie

tommudd wrote:
Ihapy2bnapy wrote:
Bmxer524 wrote:

ImageImage

WOW good job on the bumper but dang a lot of large no-nos on suspension and cutting the pinch weld area out

Really ?! Ok well easier than I expected trust me 33 on a kk is really not that big of a deal. Probably my next step will be to do a fox suspension but Ome is working great so far.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 8:49 am 
LOST Newbie

tommudd wrote:
Ted15 wrote:

Yes tire carrier always on the left side , much easier to access the rear that way

I like it better on the right it's easier to get out of the car and open the latch , had I put it on the left then I would have to go around the tire to get it . Anyways I'm just saying is just a matter of preference .

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 9:05 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Ihapy2bnapy wrote:
tommudd wrote:
Ted15 wrote:

I like it better on the right it's easier to get out of the car and open the latch , had I put it on the left then I would have to go around the tire to get it . Anyways I'm just saying is just a matter of preference .

Absolutely. I want two five gal gas cans on the right and the spare on the left with two separate holders that swing out both directions. Not one long one.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 1:32 pm 

Ihapy2bnapy"[quote="tommudd wrote:
Ihapy2bnapy wrote:
She looks up there.

Really ?! Ok well easier than I expected trust me 33 on a kk is really not that big of a deal. Probably my next step will be to do a fox suspension but Ome is working great so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]
Well just a warning to others, this is not a good how - to, sorry but it just isn't.
Hacking, stacking spacers etc may be easy but not a good build otherwise
You have great fab skills on the bumper but otherwise , more thought into how it all works LONG TERM

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 1:36 pm 

Ihapy2bnapy wrote:
tommudd wrote:
Ted15 wrote:

I have ran single carriers like you designed, dual carriers with tire on either side , etc over the years, best and easiest no matter what is tire on the left swinging out that way and can carrier on the right . Stronger and easier in the long run as far as easily opening, how they stand up long term etc
Thinking back I have had 6 different ones over the many years in every shape and form

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 2:46 pm 
Lifetime Member & Advertising Vendor
Lifetime Member & Advertising Vendor

Ihapy2bnapy wrote:

Bumpers came out sharp good job 8)

ATHFAB.com

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 9:33 pm 
LOST Newbie

At The Helm wrote:
Ihapy2bnapy wrote:

Bumpers came out sharp good job 8)

Thanks !!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next