It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: 15x8 that works for the kk!!
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:05 pm 
LOST Newbie

JeepNCrowd wrote:
ARe you on Lone Star LOST?

No I didn't know they had one :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:28 pm 
LOST Newbie

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Here's a couple of pics 33 vs 255/70
33=75lbs
255= 64lbs
Full turn left half a turn it touches the pinch weld . The flares will have to be moved up,
Cut pinch weld and weld plate on it
Make a custom top plate for the front shock
Trim the inner fender.
The one concern I have is the cvs ... I'm going to have to replace with stronger ones.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:31 pm 
LOST Newbie

The wheel is in the air to demonstrate the spring and shock stretch out to the max

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:43 pm 
LOST Addict

So, why hasn't FB got all these other pics? haha

That JK bumper is saving you a ton with the front. Gonna be a pain in the rear of the wheel wells.

You're CVs should hold up for the most part. The only way you're really going stronger is RCV, but you're looking at over a grand for the pair. They used to make them for KKs, idk if they still carry them though.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:45 pm 
LOST Newbie

Bmxer524 wrote:

That JK bumper is saving you a ton with the front. Gonna be a pain in the rear of the wheel wells.

You're CVs should hold up for the most part. The only way you're really going stronger is RCV, but you're looking at over a grand for the pair. They used to make them for KKs, idk if they still carry them though.

Oh it's because I like y'all guys better lol

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:48 pm 
LOST Addict

Ihapy2bnapy wrote:
Bmxer524 wrote:

That's cool, I see how it is. Just give me more work to sign in and comment on them lol

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:51 pm 
LOST Junkie

Bmxer524 wrote:

I don't know the 37" stuff with plenty of room in the back of mine. The rear actually has plenty of room once the axle is moved back a hair.

Ihapy2bnapy wrote:
JeepNCrowd wrote:

Send me a PM with you FB name and request to join. That's where all the Texas guys are. Plus we get together pretty regularly and wheel or overland.

Texans, come join us at Lone Star LOST!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/253493118163702?ref=bookmark&_rdr

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:56 pm 
LOST Addict

JeepNCrowd wrote:
Bmxer524 wrote:

I don't know the 37" stuff with plenty of room in the back of mine. The rear actually has plenty of room once the axle is moved back a hair.

Ihapy2bnapy wrote:
JeepNCrowd wrote:

Send me a PM with you FB name and request to join. That's where all the Texas guys are. Plus we get together pretty regularly and wheel or overland.

No the rear wheel wells will be fine. Those fit 33s like a glove. I mean the rear of the front wheel wells. We know all our rubbing issues really come from the front wheel wells.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:28 pm 
LOST Newbie

Bmxer524 wrote:
Ihapy2bnapy wrote:
Bmxer524 wrote:

That's cool, I see how it is. Just give me more work to sign in and comment on them lol

It'll probably be a good month or so before o can roll on them

Post subject: 15x8 that works for the kk!!
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:35 am 
LOST Newbie

Bmxer524 wrote:
JeepNCrowd wrote:
Bmxer524 wrote:

Ihapy2bnapy wrote:
[quote="JeepNCrowd"]ARe you on Lone Star LOST?

No the rear wheel wells will be fine. Those fit 33s like a glove. I mean the rear of the front wheel wells. We know all our rubbing issues really come from the front wheel wells.[/quote]

yea I saw that I do have to cut some but it's really not that bad !
Once I get it all trimmed I like to take some pics of flex with the 255 and the 33/ on the same position to se how much it really abstains if any.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:31 pm 
LOST Junkie

Not to take the wind out of your sails but keep an eye on your cv angles. Full droop currently is the only way that tire will fit without shredding with your tire.

At full droop you're going to experience cv bind something fierce. (I know because I just did it) along with clevis fork contact on the cv.I have fit 33's without my pinch welds hammered and they rub. I'm at 5.5 inches of lift.

My cvs are bleeding until I get my cradle dropped

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:23 pm 
LOST Newbie

I hace seen a KJ with XJ 2001 OEM Rims, do they Must fit on KK

Sent from my brain!!!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:45 pm 
LOST Junkie

chereveco wrote:
I hace seen a KJ with XJ 2001 OEM Rims, do they Must fit on KK

Sent from my brain!!!

Kk's have larger rotors and calipers. Apples and oranges.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:03 pm 
LOST Newbie

TIJKK1220 wrote:
Not to take the wind out of your sails but keep an eye on your cv angles. Full droop currently is the only way that tire will fit without shredding with your tire.

At full droop you're going to experience cv bind something fierce. (I know because I just did it) along with clevis fork contact on the cv.I have fit 33's without my pinch welds hammered and they rub. I'm at 5.5 inches of lift.

My cvs are bleeding until I get my cradle dropped

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
I've been staring at it thinking about the cradle deal too... but then transfer case gots to drop then that charges the r/p angle .. and so on.....but I think that raising the flares along with pinch weld / inner fender mods should be ok. 5.5 lift it's a killer to everything else tho ..

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:32 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Ihapy2bnapy wrote:

Bad,very bad idea. Those 2 points are 2 of 4 major strength points in the body.Simply welding a plate will not bring back the strength since you need to make sure that every single layer is welded which is impossible.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:51 pm 
LOST Addict

Transfer case doesn't really need to drop. The front should handle the inch or so change in angle. You don't know till you really try it. I'd be more worried about the steering shaft.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:04 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Bmxer524 wrote:
Transfer case doesn't really need to drop. The front should handle the inch or so change in angle. You don't know till you really try it. I'd be more worried about the steering shaft.

The rear won't like that rear driveshaft no pointed up coming out of the t-case.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:51 pm 
LOST Addict

tjkj2002 wrote:
Bmxer524 wrote:

The rear won't like that rear driveshaft no pointed up coming out of the t-case.

Yea the rear driveshaft starts to complain around 5.5" of lift or so.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:45 am 
LOST Newbie

tjkj2002 wrote:
Ihapy2bnapy wrote:

Bad,very bad idea. Those 2 points are 2 of 4 major strength points in the body.Simply welding a plate will not bring back the strength since you need to make sure that every single layer is welded which is impossible.

Still gonna doit lol
I'm sure It'll be alright , all these guys who sfa swaps and v8s don't care to much about it...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:32 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Ihapy2bnapy wrote:
tjkj2002 wrote:
Ihapy2bnapy wrote:

Still gonna doit lol
I'm sure It'll be alright , all these guys who sfa swaps and v8s don't care to much about it...

My KJ is SFA'd with intact pinchwelds.

Cutting that totals the vehicle because you compromised the structural integrity of the body.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next