It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:41 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Upgrading Rockfather Lift: OME question
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:04 pm 
LOST Newbie

I installed the Rocky Road Rockfather (budget) lift kit on my 2010 KK almost two years ago, and the rear end is a little softer/lower than the front end. The system uses the OME2926 coil on the front. The rear uses the original factory coils with a 2.5" poly spacer.

I'd like to stiffen up and level the rear. Thinking about installing OME2730 coils on the rear, with a 1" spacer. Does that make sense? Any other recommendations?

Post subject: Re: Upgrading Rockfather Lift: OME question
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:38 pm 
Lifetime Member & Advertising Vendor
Lifetime Member & Advertising Vendor

nerdwin wrote:
I installed the Rocky Road Rockfather (budget) lift kit on my 2010 KK almost two years ago, and the rear end is a little softer/lower than the front end. The system uses the OME2926 coil on the front. The rear uses the original factory coils with a 2.5" poly spacer.

I'd like to stiffen up and level the rear. Thinking about installing OME2730 coils on the rear, with a 1" spacer. Does that make sense? Any other recommendations?

Ome 2731's with two extra isolators on the driver side, one extra isolator one the passenger side. Install the extra iso's on the top.

ATHFAB.com

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:15 pm 
LOST Newbie

Thanks! Parts ordered.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:54 pm 
LOST Newbie

Installed the coils and ISO's as suggested, but the rear still sits 1" lower than the front. Front height = 36", rear height = 35". Would it work to remove all the ISO's (3/8" each times 3 = 1.125"), and re-installed the poly spacer (1.875")?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:01 am 
LOST Addict

Measure from the center of the hub to the bottom of the flare. That way your measurement doesn't include the tires (every tire is a different size, even if they say the same size).

Anyways 731 rear springs and 2 extra isolators per side (I never had the KK lean, and when you do most throw an extra in). Should bring the rear up to sit level with a 3.5" lift. It'll be 21.5", again from center of the hub to the bottom of the fender flare.

There should be 4 isolators per side when done. 3 on top, 1 on the bottom.