It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: installation price question
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:44 pm 
LOST Newbie

Hey all,

I just purchased the ome 1.5 lift, just curious, what should I be expecting to pay for installation? I.E what is too much or too little?

Thanks

Post subject: Re: installation price question
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:11 pm 
LOST Addict

What part of the country are you in? Work like this tends to be more expensive on the east coast than in the Midwest, for example. I would say you could get it done, alignment included, for under $1000 (and they would be overcharging you). $500 if you have a good shop. Much less if you are anywhere near Tommudd in Columbus, OH!

BFG KO2’s 245/75R16
Full MOPAR skid plates
Rock Lizard Skink Super Sliders
AtTheHelm Front Recovery System & Roof Rack

M116A3 Trailer build thread: viewtopic.php?f=72&t=77997

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:11 pm 
LOST Newbie

lfhoward wrote:
What part of the country are you in? Work like this tends to be more expensive on the east coast than in the Midwest, for example. I would say you could get it done, alignment included, for under $1000 (and they would be overcharging you). $500 if you have a good shop. Much less if you are anywhere near Tommudd in Columbus, OH!

LOL WAT. Are you including new tires in that installation price?? The whole lift is 880!!! :dead:

I'm in massachusetts lol, not sure what that means...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:34 pm 
Moderator / Lifetime Member

creedbratton wrote:
lfhoward wrote:

LOL WAT. Are you including new tires in that installation price?? The whole lift is 880!!! :dead:

I'm in massachusetts lol, not sure what that means...

I've heard of places charging 1000 before
But depends on where you go, problem is that although very simple to do seems a lot are scared to do lifts on an IFS.
So figure most places are going to say at least 90-100 for an alignment
then however much their hourly rate is

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:30 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

lfhoward wrote:

Your looking at specialty shops only as most others will not touch it because of liability issues so it's all up to them on pricing to take on that liability.Take into consideration that 1/2 of those places that will do it won't do it unless you purchase the parts through them also.

By the book time at a average of $100 hour labor you're at $550-$650 plus the alignment without any part prices and that is without installing JBA's UCA's(add another $250-$300 for those).Most specialty shops have a much higher labor rate so figure 25% if not more so a $1000 for install alone would not be unheard of.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:20 pm 
LOST Addict

My lift install was $1000 at Jeff Daniels Jeeps in Harleysville PA. So there's an example to prove your point, Tjkj.

BFG KO2’s 245/75R16
Full MOPAR skid plates
Rock Lizard Skink Super Sliders
AtTheHelm Front Recovery System & Roof Rack

M116A3 Trailer build thread: viewtopic.php?f=72&t=77997

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:28 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Got friends with tools?
Download my How-To in the KB section and DIY it.
But I highly recommend you have a shop compress and assemble the the front springs. Those things can be Killers (literally :grim: ) if not done with the right equipment.

ESP Off Switch
Take a ride on the Trō side!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:29 am 
LOST Newbie

Scar0 wrote:
Got friends with tools?
Download my How-To in the KB section and DIY it.
But I highly recommend you have a shop compress and assemble the the front springs. Those things can be Killers (literally :grim: ) if not done with the right equipment.

could u elaborate a little more on the compression and assembly? thanks

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:31 am 
LOST Member

The springs have to be compressed to take them off the shock. The spring on the front sits between a platform built into the shock, an isolator on each side, and a mount on the top that the shock top goes through and is secured with a nut. Removing the stock ones seems to be okay to do with spring compressors that most people would have at home, especially if they're clapped out. Then the new (generally way more stiff) springs put back onto the front shocks (new usually if you are doing it all at once.) I hit two shops to have mine done, the mom and pop i had used had a little hydraulic press that they were uncomfortable using on my springs, and couldn't get them to compress enough to start the nut back on. I ended up at a place that services heavy trucks as well as passenger vehicles. Cost 17 bucks, but that seems unheard of lately. Maybe it's because it's a small town, and i'm a "Good ole boy."

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:35 pm 
LOST Newbie

I just got quoted $549 for labor and I was told if any of the strut casings or anything else that holds the stuff together is broken it'll be an additional charge.. I have about 50k of miles on the KK, anyone ever run into such things? If not I feel like 549 is a decent price from what everyone's chimed in with... annoying, but decent. I'll be spending more on install and new shoes than anything else!! :furious:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:37 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

As long as things are not rusted up you should be OK. Unless the shop is not very good.

ESP Off Switch
Take a ride on the Trō side!

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 11:07 am 
LOST Newbie

I'm here in CT, local Firestone quoted high..... somewhere in the 800.00 range including alignment and reset steering angle sensor. This to install the JBA econo lift. They added two hours to "adjust lift kit"..... not sure what that that involves.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 12:27 pm 

DavidDulin wrote:
I'm here in CT, local Firestone quoted high..... somewhere in the 800.00 range including alignment and reset steering angle sensor. This to install the JBA econo lift. They added two hours to "adjust lift kit"..... not sure what that that involves.

Adjust liftkit?
LOL
See some have no idea what it takes or how to do it so charge extra
some don't even know or care you don't tighten UCAs etc until full weight is on the ground

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 4:27 pm 
LOST Newbie

tommudd wrote:
DavidDulin wrote:

Adjust liftkit?
LOL
some don't even know or care you don't tighten UCAs etc until full weight is on the ground

Exactly.... I told the service advisor that it wasn't an adjustable kit :). Garage across the street quoted $150 - $200 less.

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 5:53 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

DavidDulin wrote:
tommudd wrote:
DavidDulin wrote:

Adjust liftkit?
LOL

Exactly.... I told the service advisor that it wasn't an adjustable kit :). Garage across the street quoted $150 - $200 less.

They price it that way because they don't want the liability and hope you decline and go somewhere else.

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 12:36 pm 
LOST Newbie

tjkj2002 wrote:
DavidDulin wrote:
tommudd wrote:
[quote="DavidDulin"]I'm here in CT, local Firestone quoted high..... somewhere in the 800.00 range including alignment and reset steering angle sensor. This to install the JBA econo lift. They added two hours to "adjust lift kit"..... not sure what that that involves.

Adjust liftkit?
LOL

They price it that way because they don't want the liability and hope you decline and go somewhere else.[/quote]
R&R front struts, $243.60
R&R Springs, $34.80
R&R rear shocks, $69.60
Adjust lift kit, $232.00
Alignment, $79.99
Reset steering angle sensor, $116.00

$775.99 labor

Add four Destination AT 245/70R16,
$596.96