It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:57 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: 08 liberty tire options?
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:58 pm 
LOST Newbie

I guess in Texas, they experience a different type of gravity or system of measurement.

And the people up north have up to 40% less oxygen in the air (at 12k feet), so they are a bit slower to understand the differences.

Thats honestly my only logical explanation.

Heres a solution
1. Northerns take some Acetazolamide
2. Texas start using the metric system and get the gravity thing checked out.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:34 am 
Moderator / Lifetime Member

aSMARTguy wrote:
I guess in Texas, they experience a different type of gravity or system of measurement.

And the people up north have up to 40% less oxygen in the air (at 12k feet), so they are a bit slower to understand the differences.

Thats honestly my only logical explanation.

Heres a solution
1. Northerns take some Acetazolamide
2. Texas start using the metric system and get the gravity thing checked out.

:ROTFL: :ROTFL: :ROTFL:
I told everyone you wouldn't be able to stay away

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:36 am 

aSMARTguy wrote:
First. Mr. TJKJ2002......I wouldn't worry about other chicks Jeeps, if she wheels it and has fun, who cares....
And Mr. Tommudd.....looks like theres two KKs from the pics that have 245/75s

And heres the reason why I KNOW BOTH OF YOU ARE FULL OF SHET

1. Yall said OX wont fit in a KJ. Well that has happened
2. A KJ/KK cant be lifted over 4". Well my Jeep was at 5.5" lift
3. 285/75r16s wont fit without cutting apart the pinch weld. Yeah your getting it?
4. JBA is the best.......well my A arm broke and I was told to get lost (no pun)(also at 4" of lift)
5. Yall are both old as dirt and old people need things to keep them happy. Just like prisoner.....get it
6. Who cares where you been and what you have done. Guess what theres always someone whos done more and been to places yall have been
7. Oh yeah and long travel......well looks like that Army boy got em some red stuff thats pretty dang long

You call it BS. Well you will be surprised what I have had my hands in. ATH front coilovers for instance, I had a part in that. It wasnt JBA.

I personally have sold all of my Jeeps. Why? Because yall two are fools that are very closed minded and cant think outside the box. Honestly, 10 years and yall still doing the same crap. And im over here doing long arms, cradle drops, steel d30s, bumpers and all kinds of other stuff like heim steering.

I understand this will get me banned again. Thats ok. Im just here to let yall know until you two change yalls attitude, there will be more people going to facebook and getting ahold of these guys that have listened and watched for the past few years. That have seen how a capable KJ can run thats not run of the mill.

And honestly I'm not impressed by how big your penis is. Sorry. Nor am I impressed by where you have been or offroaded. Come and talk to me when you can get to MY property slightly north of me. You cant even get atvs or anything less than a tractor back there, and until you been in a car that has smaller tires than a kids bicycle, weighs less than one ton, has less than 5" of ground clearance, seats two and has a three cylinder engine mounted in the rear and attempt to get to my property, I'M NOT IMPRESSED WITH YOUR MALL CRAWLING. when was the last thime yall old farts went offroad? Probably back when Henry Ford was painting his cars black.

nt

Why do you keep changing your screen name ?
Boasting on Fakebook about staying away but back here all the time with different names
I find that funny
Don't know who pi**ed in your Fruit Loops but come on now

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:26 am 

TIJKK1220 wrote:
Is it always an awkward moment when you two are wrong about something?

This jeep went through most trails a kk can play on in moab and still had all its plastics.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Its always funny when I hear that as well

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:45 am 
LOST Newbie

Guess what TOM and Troy and rest of the lostjeeps admin......

Edit:
I decided to be nice, yall know whats up

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:05 pm 

aSMARTguy wrote:

Edit:

Yep, good to see ya again well hear , no wait , read ya ! Heck whatever

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:23 pm 
LOST Newbie

1) this is a forum for jeep fans not for trolls like that other guy yelling at the admins, who are actually helpful
2) everyone has an opinion, they arent forcing you to do or not to do anything, only suggesting
3) my lifts going in next weekend so... :pepper: :BANANA: :pepper: :BANANA: :pepper:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:53 pm 
LOST Newbie

creedbratton wrote:
1) this is a forum for jeep fans not for trolls like that other guy yelling at the admins, who are actually helpful
2) everyone has an opinion, they arent forcing you to do or not to do anything, only suggesting
3) my lifts going in next weekend so... :pepper: :BANANA: :pepper: :BANANA: :pepper:

Im definitely not a Jeep fan (3 KJs myself). One was 4" OME lift. The other was 5.5" coilover lift with lockers and 33s, and last one was lifted 2" with 245/75. Plus working on a CJ7 currently. Yep this idiot dosent know anything, especially about Libertys.

Thanks have a nice day.

This love/hate for Tom and Troy goes back a LONG way. Its kinda like a sibling rivalry. Tom know if he needs something we would help him out. Hell I STILL send people his way. I gotta give them doo doo because they are old as dirt and stuck in their ways. Hell last time I was in CO i stopped by Troys shade tree mechanic shop to pick fun at him and give him doo doo, but he was off that day (and I think he was driving the Lincoln at that time too)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:09 pm 
LOST Newbie

creedbratton wrote:

This forum has limits to its usefulness. It is useful so long as the mods act like adults. It would be so much more useful and enjoyable without all of the "My dad can beat up your dad" juvenile chest beating.

Yes, it is possible to share one's knowledge with others, without resorting to condescending language and "I know better than you could ever know because I drove a HEMTT in OEF." First, thanks for your service. Second, that's not remotely relevant to the question of whether a 245/70/16 will fit an unlifted KK. Third, many of us who enjoy the offroad lifestyle have driven scores of military vehicles and simply DO NOT CARE whether you have or not. Stop your self-promotion and quit your grandstanding. Get over yourselves and...

BE AN ADULT FOR CHRIST'S SAKE!

'07 Nitro KA: 4" hybrid lift, Bilstein HD shocks, JBA UCA, JBA Quick disconnects, ATH sliders, full skids, Black Rock Lobo rims, 255/70/16 BFG KM2s, Rock Lizard front bumper (prototype for the Nitro), Tiregate w/jerry can holders, Gobi roof rack, ARB awning, Smittybilt X2000 winch, Volant PowerCore CAI

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:17 am 
LOST Newbie

aSMARTguy wrote:

Edit:

a "SMART" guy.

:BINGO:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:05 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

FlyHiawatha wrote:

I refuse to act my age!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:50 pm 

creedbratton wrote:

Congrats can't wait to see pictures ! Good luck!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:58 pm 

FlyHiawatha wrote:
creedbratton wrote:

This forum has limits to its usefulness. It is useful so long as the mods act like adults. It would be so much more useful and enjoyable without all of the "My dad can beat up your dad" juvenile chest beating.

Yes, it is possible to share one's knowledge with others, without resorting to condescending language and "I know better than you could ever know because I drove a HEMTT in OEF." First, thanks for your service. Second, that's not remotely relevant to the question of whether a 245/70/16 will fit an unlifted KK. Third, many of us who enjoy the offroad lifestyle have driven scores of military vehicles and simply DO NOT CARE whether you have or not. Stop your self-promotion and quit your grandstanding. Get over yourselves and...

Come on now, we all like to have fun and joke around.
To me and a lot of others this is no different than the way I started out years ago sitting either around a bonfire or an old wood burner in the garage , talking shop, kidding each other.
Of course now days more done on forums it seems.
Many of us have been building these Libertys for 12-14 years so yes we have seen a lot of what works and what doesn't .
What may just squeak by and what just doesn't work.
BUT in the end we all love our Jeeps, 4x4s whatever you have.
So take things with a grain of salt, read the jokes in between the lines and have fun.
No matter what we're all going to die someday so have fun today.
And I won't grow up either , just did a huge burnout beside this little Japanese vehicle with no exhaust who thought he had something.
31s/4.10s he never stood a chance and yep I'm over 60
If you don't want to be doing burnouts at 60-70, then something wrong :ROTFL: :lol: :wink: :wink: :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:24 am 
LOST Addict

Location: Oregon Coast Dairy Country. Land of stumps, dumps, and "Liquid Pumps"
X2

Sasquatch
DSS Turbo
CAT-elimntr
Weeks Stg1&2 EGRfix
PV-200
BLING
vent gauges

IDParts
head
cams
rockers
Timing set
ARP studs
eTn1 GX2123 5v GPs

YETI Custom Tune
Flowmaster 8325508
Carter P76611M
GM 12611872
Hayden 2986
GM 15976889
PATC Custom Billet
2010 Ram Hemi Trans
Sonnax 44957
Transgo kit
Cooper 51770

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:55 pm 
LOST Newbie

Hey thanks for the help, sounds great . I think I'll get the larger tires first then the lift if my tire of choice run a little tight for the wheel wells or if my springs are sagging.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:33 am 
LOST Newbie

How do I adjust the speedometer for the new tire size? On my old Ford truck I bought a plastic gear that got it close.
thanks

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:03 am 
LOST Addict

As far as I know, it isn't adjustable by the dealer beyond the stock tire sizes. The Hypertech Tuner used to have it as a feature, but it created traction control and antilock brake errors, so Hypertech removed the feature from its programmer a few years ago.

I have 245/75/16's on my rig and have measured the speed difference with a GPS and it isn't really that much. At 65 mph on the speedometer, the Jeep is actually going at 67 mph. The 245/75/16 tires are 30.5 inches in diameter, whereas the stock 225/75/16 tires were 29 inches in diameter, FYI.

BFG KO2’s 245/75R16
Full MOPAR skid plates
Rock Lizard Skink Super Sliders
AtTheHelm Front Recovery System & Roof Rack

M116A3 Trailer build thread: viewtopic.php?f=72&t=77997

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:28 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

lfhoward is correct. We are limited to the 4 stock tire sizes a dealer can set in the computers. They/we can not alter these.
The largest of which is the 20". So you can request a dealer set your tire option to that size to make your spedo and ODO closer to actual.

So, depending on what tire is programmed into the system for your stock tires, will determine how far off your spedo and ODO will be off.

In my case, I originally had stock 17" tires & wheels. Now I'm running 245/70R -17 tires on original rims (30.5" diameter, 9.65" wide. No rubbing at all, flexed or not). This makes my spedo off by 3 Mph at 60. 60 = 63

I like it that way because it makes it easy to calculate. For every 10 Mph on the spedo add .5 Mph.

Unless you are in a school zone, most police will not pull you over for that small amount. But you really have to watch it when over 70... 70 = 73.5 and that is getting close to their tolerances. 75 = 78.75 A ticket for sure...
Here is a break down per 10 Mph for me.
10 = 10.5
20 = 21
30 = 31.5
40 = 42
50 = 52.5
60 = 63
70 = 73.5
80 = 84

ESP Off Switch
Take a ride on the Trō side!