It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Lift Question
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:54 pm 
LOST Member

looking through these threads, OME, JBA, tommudds, etc. seem to be some popular lift kits. its understood to stay away from spacer lifts like rough country and daystar, i see skyjacker offers a full suspension kit.
https://skyjacker.com/shop/suspension-l ... figuration

can anyone shed some light on this? any experience with it why its a good/bad purchase?

thank you!

Post subject: Re: Lift Question
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:17 pm 
Moderator / Lifetime Member

Tman's KK wrote:
looking through these threads, OME, JBA, tommudds, etc. seem to be some popular lift kits. its understood to stay away from spacer lifts like rough country and daystar, i see skyjacker offers a full suspension kit.
https://skyjacker.com/shop/suspension-l ... figuration

can anyone shed some light on this? any experience with it why its a good/bad purchase?

thank you!

Skyjacker, springs are rated same as stock , will sag
There are reasons why most all use OME

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:53 pm 
LOST Member

Feel like I need to throw my :2cents: in here on lift threads. I lifted 4" JBA w/ 32" tires and has been a total disaster. Blowing steering racks left and right. I guess most people haven't had this problem but wanted to let you know.

2011 KK Sport, Blacked out. JBA 4" Silver, Tire Carrier. 265/75/16 Duratracs. 16x7:4 AR172 Bajas. 4.56 Gears. RRO Super Sliders, Side Rails. Mopar Skids, Hooks. Curt Receiver. SC Brush Guards. RR Mats. Yakima/Bison Rack.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:52 pm 
LOST Addict

Location: Oregon Coast Dairy Country. Land of stumps, dumps, and "Liquid Pumps"
I hope you discover what's causing that and let us know!

Sasquatch
DSS Turbo
CAT-elimntr
Weeks Stg1&2 EGRfix
PV-200
BLING
vent gauges

IDParts
head
cams
rockers
Timing set
ARP studs
eTn1 GX2123 5v GPs

YETI Custom Tune
Flowmaster 8325508
Carter P76611M
GM 12611872
Hayden 2986
GM 15976889
PATC Custom Billet
2010 Ram Hemi Trans
Sonnax 44957
Transgo kit
Cooper 51770

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:54 am 
LOST Member

RRO offers a "Leveling Kit" which is just a top plate that is 3/8" thick. ends up adding approximately 9/16" lift to the front to level it out. by using this alone will i be able to stuff 245/75/16 duratracs without having to do the pinch weld mod?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:30 pm 
LOST Junkie

Tman's KK wrote:
RRO offers a "Leveling Kit" which is just a top plate that is 3/8" thick. ends up adding approximately 9/16" lift to the front to level it out. by using this alone will i be able to stuff 245/75/16 duratracs without having to do the pinch weld mod?

There have been a lot of threads in regards to this very question. Most are posted in the "tech section" for liberties on the main page. Loads of information at your fingertips there.

I hope this helps.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:46 pm 

Tman's KK wrote:

RRO :ROTFL: :roll: :roll:
But seriously, no one can answer that question without know some info, like measurement from middle of the wheel to bottom of the flare.
Plus 9/16 is not enough to properly install a 245-75-16. Unless you're only driving straight , no bumps, no curbs etc

Plus please stay away from RRO

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:28 pm 
LOST Member

tommudd wrote:
Tman's KK wrote:

But seriously, no one can answer that question without know some info, like measurement from middle of the wheel to bottom of the flare.
Plus 9/16 is not enough to properly install a 245-75-16. Unless you're only driving straight , no bumps, no curbs etc

May I ask why one should stay away from RRO? even for 2 pieces of steel?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:57 pm 
LOST Junkie

Tman's KK wrote:
tommudd wrote:
Tman's KK wrote:

May I ask why one should stay away from RRO? even for 2 pieces of steel?

Tommudd has sworn away from RRO for fitment issues and other problems the company had many years ago.

a large number of members from this forum also had issues with customer service and problems with their parts.

I recently purchased upper control arms from their company and so far have run into minimal issues.

that being said. . . there are better pieces of steel to pick up. most of this community is against the "budget boost" style of lift. myself included (I ran one for many years, it did the job but wore out parts to the point of near failure).

your money is your money of course and it will be for you to decide what is best for yourself or your rig. My personal opinion is to invest your money into something you won't have to worry about replacing in a few years. the only reason I had a budget boost lift(daystar) was because I got it for free, off a KK with 15k on it's springs (mine was an 08 with 80,000+ on its springs)

I have since upgraded to a custom fox Coilover lift which is a much smoother ride with greater control and less spring bounce over obstacles. stays planted on the ground significantly better.