It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:41 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Should my bump stops be this close?
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:48 pm 
LOST Member

Stock ride height. Sitting on level ground. This is the driver side rear. Looks to be about an 1"-1.5" apart. Passenger side is a bit higher. I took the kk out on an ATV trail and had a blast but went through 3 consecutive mud pits and I think the last one was a bit rough. I may be a hypochondriac but I feel like I'm consistently hitting the bump stops on road now. Did I bend/break something? The rear shocks aren't leaking so I'm not sure they're bad. The kk has 57k on it and I'm unsure if the previous owner replaced them or not.Image

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Post subject: Re: Should my bump stops be this close?
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:29 pm 
LOST Addict

The best thing to check is the height from the middle of the center cap to the bottom of the fender flare. On a stock KK the original numbers were about 18" in front and 19" in the rear. If you're below 19" sitting on level ground, then your rear springs have sagged.

I recommend OME as a great 2.5 inch lift kit, and JBA is even better if you can afford it. JBA's website has both. If you're out on the trail with your KK, then a quality lift kit would be a great upgrade for you. Stay away from spacer lifts and lifts from companies other than OME and JBA because their springs are the same spring rate as stock and sag just as fast.

BFG KO2’s 245/75R16
Full MOPAR skid plates
Rock Lizard Skink Super Sliders
AtTheHelm Front Recovery System & Roof Rack

M116A3 Trailer build thread: viewtopic.php?f=72&t=77997

Post subject: Re: Should my bump stops be this close?
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:53 pm 
LOST Member

lfhoward wrote:
The best thing to check is the height from the middle of the center cap to the bottom of the fender flare. On a stock KK the original numbers were about 18" in front and 19" in the rear. If you're below 19" sitting on level ground, then your rear springs have sagged.

I recommend OME as a great 2.5 inch lift kit, and JBA is even better if you can afford it. JBA's website has both. If you're out on the trail with your KK, then a quality lift kit would be a great upgrade for you. Stay away from spacer lifts and lifts from companies other than OME and JBA because their springs are the same spring rate as stock and sag just as fast.

18 in the fronts
18.5 driver side rear
19 passenger side rear.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk