It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:26 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: One more try to get it right
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:27 am 
LOST Member

Got the wrenches to adjust the front coils. Taking it back to Offroad Warehouse next weekend where they say they will repair the front pinch welds (not sure how much I trust them with this), lift from 3.5" to 4" and align under warranty. Hoping that fixes tire rub. Plan on taking it straight to the dealership following to recalibrate the steering angle sensor. Hoping that takes care of ESP activation. As far as steering goes, haven't had a problem w/ daily driving since replacing the pump, but no offroading yet. Pretty sure my dealership doesn't know how to recalibrate the SAS but they're willing to look into it. Anyone else have success with the dealer doing this? What exactly do they need to do?

2011 KK Sport, Blacked out. JBA 4" Silver, Tire Carrier. 265/75/16 Duratracs. 16x7:4 AR172 Bajas. 4.56 Gears. RRO Super Sliders, Side Rails. Mopar Skids, Hooks. Curt Receiver. SC Brush Guards. RR Mats. Yakima/Bison Rack.

Post subject: Re: One more try to get it right
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:48 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Recalibrating the SAS worked for me.
I believe they set the computers using a scan tool to SAS learn/relearn. Then they drive it in, sharp turns, figure 8s etc.. They needed a pretty big open space to do it.
The guy who did mine was pretty aggressive in his turns. Not crazy, but aggressive.
When they did mine they may have calibrated/recalibrated the yaw/lateral sensor ( Dynamics Sensor) as well. I really don't know for sure because all I asked them to do was to recalibrate the SAS, because ESP was kicking in on slow bumpy right hand turns.

Anyway, the only time it kicks in now is when it needs to. In several years I can count on 2 hands the times it has kicked in. Mostly when I am towing a trailer and take a corner to fast. It also happens on a wet road when I am being a little careless. Times when it is nice to have it kick in...

FYI
According to the SM you can calibrate the SAS center position DIY.
Disconnect Neg(-) battery cable, wait 30-60+ minutes.
Reconnect the battery.
Start the engine, center the steering wheel.
Turn the wheel all the way to the left stop, then all the way to the right stop.
Center the steering wheel, turn off the engine.

ESP Off Switch
Take a ride on the Trō side!