It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Dead Pedal
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:56 am 
LOST Newbie

First post, just been lurking for a while getting ideas from you guys. Finally have something to contribute! Ever since I bought the liberty, it's bothered me that it didn't have a dead pedal (foot rest). Finally got around to doing something about it. Was going to fab something on my own, but went on amazon and saw that they are made for wranglers. Bought this for $13.99, free shipping.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B017GYSUWC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Originally took off the panel by the hood release and noticed there was a bolt there, similar to how the amazon product mounted to Wranglers. Figured it would require minimal modification

Got it in, installed it on the single bolt, bolt holes happen to be perfect size. The multiple holes on the pedal are nice for adjusting. Took it on and off a couple times before it was where I wanted it. All installed!

There is an extra hole drilled out in the car already, I will be putting on a second bolt there for stability later, as well as trimming the plastic panel and reinstalling it. Also will be trimming excess metal from the pedal bracket between the bolt and the door, if necessary. Hope you enjoyed! If I saved at least one more knee than my own, then my job is done.

-Joe

Post subject: Re: Dead Pedal
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:08 pm 
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

Great idea to have a place to rest your left foot
Always wanted to find a way to mount one in the KJ but...
now it would block my headlight switch ,
( converted over to fog and driving light switch , one way is fogs, other is driving, for those that old enough to remember foot switches ) :ROTFL:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:27 pm 
LOST Newbie

That's awesome! I've always wanted to do something like that. I even fabbed up a foot step from wood, but it ended up being too bulky. This is a great idea!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:00 am 
LOST Newbie

Did it! It's awesome!

Trimmed the plastic too. Could have gotten a little closer to the pedal, but it was an awkward thing to measure off the existing panel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk