It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Driver window/lock/mirror Control
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:04 pm 
LOST Newbie

Hi all my first post!

I have a problem with my 08 Jeep Liberty. Recently the locks would just lock by themselves specifically whenever I would open or close a different door even the back hatch. I thought maybe my control got wet recently with my window cracked over night with a good rain. I ordered a used replacment window/lock/mirror control switch pretty easy to swap.

The new switch created new issues, no longer do the front windows work with the new switch but the back windows do work. Also the locks no longer function either. I checked the fuse and it was blown, so I figure OK that was it....switched out the fuse and still have the same issue, the new fuse is working just fine not blown.

....What gives? Where do I go from here?

Thanks for the help looking forward to knocking out this problem!

Post subject: Re: Driver window/lock/mirror Control
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:01 pm 
LOST Member

Sounds like the switch is not syncing up with the ecu. you could try removing the neg from your battery for 10 minutes or so and see if it syncs up. check the connector as well and make sure none of the wires came loose when you pulled it out.

Post subject: Re: Driver window/lock/mirror Control
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:06 am 
LOST Addict

First off welcome to lost.

Second, are you sure you got the right switch? If I remember right there's about 3 or 4 different switch banks. It needs to be the same switch that you have for it to work.