It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:09 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Lift advise ( I think I have read everything?)
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:46 pm 
LOST Newbie

Hi all,
New to Lost Jeeps
I have a 2012 black kk sport (my second KK) and I plan on a basic lift to enjoy basic trails in Maine and NH. As far as trails are concerned it won’t be anything extreme, logging roads and old fire roads will be the most this Jeep will see. Based on all I have read the best bet will be OME springs along with new shocks and struts. My question is what struts and shocks represent the best value?
Struts bilsten 4600?
Rear Dakota shocks? Part number? Should I just do the 4600 on the rear as well, cash strapped!
Springs What rate spring? I will sometime have a roof top tent.
Other items/parts I need to buy my local mechanic buddy other than a 12 pack?
Is a RC or day star kit okay if you upgrade springs and struts?
Finally I am okay with ride height so is there a option on simply improving the stock suspension? I only have 60k but the Maine roads are having a affect on the stock parts.
Thanks in advance
JH

Post subject: Re: Lift advise ( I think I have read everything?)
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:21 pm 
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

Jh0428 wrote:
Hi all,
New to Lost Jeeps
I have a 2012 black kk sport (my second KK) and I plan on a basic lift to enjoy basic trails in Maine and NH. As far as trails are concerned it won’t be anything extreme, logging roads and old fire roads will be the most this Jeep will see.
Doesn't matter if on road or off you want a better ride and handling right ?
Based on all I have read the best bet will be OME springs along with new shocks and struts. My question is what struts and shocks represent the best value?
OME 927s 731s then front stock shocks, Bilstein work fine, rears use the ones for a 99-04 Dodge Dakota CLUB CAB 4x4
Struts bilsten 4600?
Rear Dakota shocks? Part number? Should I just do the 4600 on the rear as well, cash strapped! never scrimp on springs or shocks
Springs What rate spring? I will sometime have a roof top tent.
Other items/parts I need to buy my local mechanic buddy other than a 12 pack? [u]There are other items like front and rear bumpstops , rear track bar etc [/u] :ROTFL: :ROTFL: oh and 12 pack
Is a RC or day star kit okay if yoe springs and struts?[b][i] You are joking right, never even think of those crappy spacer lifts[/i][/b]
Finally I am okay with ride height so is there a option on simply improving the stock suspension? I only have 60k but the Maine roads are having a affect on the stock parts.[i]60K springs and shocks are done for , all need replaced[/i]
Thanks in advance
JH

Read more
Go to JBA for parts jeepinbyal

Post subject: Re: Lift advise ( I think I have read everything?)
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:41 pm 
LOST Newbie

Thanks Tom, I think? I didn’t see this info listed on jeepsbyal?
“OME 927s 731s then front stock shocks, Bilstein work fine, rears use the ones for a 99-04 Dodge Dakota CLUB CAB 4x4”
Front stock shocks? Do you mean us the new? stock struts with OME 927s?
Finally could you tell me detail what I will need to provide the nice guy who is install this stuff for me?
Bump stops, the terra flex ones
Trackbar specifics
Anything else?

Thanks again
JH