It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: KK Computer Update for 32" Tires???
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:29 am 
LOST Newbie

My 4" JBA lift is now installed on my 2010 Liberty KK. I did some trimming in the front wheels wells and it now fits a set of 255/75 R17 that came off a stock JK Rubicon. I also had to use 1.5" wheel adapters as the JK bolt pattern is a 5x5 and the KK is 5x4.5. It looks amazing so far. More mods to come very soon.

All that said, I'm now having traction control issues every time I turn at an intersection. I believe that the ECM still thinks I'm driving on 29" tires, not the 32's. I've been calling around, trying to find someone who has the system to update my ECM to handle this tire size. The dealer can of course flash the ECM, but it's $132 just to hook up the computer, and I'm guessing that 255/75 R17 isn't going to be in the list of options from the factory.

Am I wrong about the dealership? How have y'all handled this issue?

Thanks!

-----
MDH

2010 Liberty KK - JBA Platinum 4" Lift Kit http://jbaoffroad.com/jeep/liberty-2008-2012-kk/jba-suspension-systems-kk/jba-4-00-kk-liberty-lift-kit/jba-4-00-coilover-lift-kk-platinum-package.html

Post subject: Re: KK Computer Update for 32" Tires???
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:54 pm 
LOST Addict

From what I have heard, the dealership cannot change the tire size larger than 30” or so because the larger options do not appear on the list on the device they use. Hypertech used to offer a tire size option with their Max Energy tuner but it caused the traction control to malfunction so they eliminated it. So as far as I know, there is no dealer or aftermarket option to change the programmed tire size on a Liberty.

That said, others have had varying luck having the dealer or a good alignment shop reset the steering angle sensor (SAS). Sometimes this appears to eliminate the traction control engagement around corners. Other times it didn’t do anything. Here are a couple of informative threads about what’s known about traction control issues on lifted KK’s:

ESP Activation with Lift - tjkj2002 - viewtopic.php?f=88&t=50913
ESP Activation with Lift - Jeepin_it_real & Scar0 - viewtopic.php?f=88&t=64725

BFG KO2’s 245/75R16
Full MOPAR skid plates
Rock Lizard Skink Super Sliders
AtTheHelm Front Recovery System & Roof Rack

M116A3 Trailer build thread: viewtopic.php?f=72&t=77997