It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Are you happy with your suspention lift?
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:39 pm 
LOST Newbie

I am considering a 1.5 to 2" lift on my 2011 liberty. I really don't care to go any taller to prevent replacing the control arms. I am looking for a smooth ride and this is the main reason for the upgrade. I know there are a lot of systems out there and I would like your opinion!

Post subject: Re: Are you happy with your suspention lift?
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:23 pm 
LOST Addict

I have a Jeepin By Al (JBA) suspension lift. Extremely satisfied. I have 90,000 miles on it and counting. The ride quality improved tremendously compared to stock and it is also a beast off-road. Mine is the 4" version but people are happy with the 2.5" version as well.

The only other lift to consider for the KK is the Old Man Emu (OME) 1.5" kit with the springs and shocks. Although it says 1.5", most get 2" and a bit more. This kit also improves the ride relative to stock and is more affordable than JBA if your wallet is tight.

JBA sells the "Tommudd Econo-Lift" which is a hybrid OME/JBA kit that gets you about 3" of lift. It's also hybrid in terms of cost.

All three of the above come with overwhelmingly positive reviews from KJ & KK owners.

Now, there are kits that do not have very many positive reviews due to poor fitment, bad customer service, rough ride quality, and accelerated deterioration of factory springs and shocks: ANY SPACER KIT. While spacer kits seem to work ok on live axle JK's, they wear out and sag the springs on the IFS KJ & KK within a year, leading to the urgent need for new springs and shocks. They also ride like crap on both the highway and off-road. Some will disagree and I see how they could have their place as a temporary stopgap measure, but I want to lift my Jeep once and be done. There are some spring kits out there by other manufacturers, but these are not well done and people have had issues with parts not fitting correctly. Stick with JBA or OME and you will be happy.

BFG KO2’s 245/75R16
Full MOPAR skid plates
Rock Lizard Skink Super Sliders
AtTheHelm Front Recovery System & Roof Rack

M116A3 Trailer build thread: viewtopic.php?f=72&t=77997

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:16 pm 
LOST Newbie

Thanks for the information, I would also like to hear about the EMU 2 " lift from someone

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:33 pm 
Moderator / Lifetime Member

I've ran and installed them all OMEs , Ironman ( no longer available stateside) JBA coilovers etc
Well all that are worth installing
Stay away from RRO, Skyjacker, Rustys etc
What do you want to know and what is your budget?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:50 pm 
LOST Newbie

I see a2" lift for $1000, shocks, struts and springs by OME. Is it worth the trouble? I need shocks and would like an improved ride. Thanks

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:27 pm 

Nutdriverss wrote:
I see a2" lift for $1000, shocks, struts and springs by OME. Is it worth the trouble? I need shocks and would like an improved ride. Thanks

Where are you looking ?
jeepinbyal has the full OME for 835, 4 cooils , 4 shocks make sure you get the 132L rear shocks
give you 2.5 inches of lift (927 front springs and 731 rear springs)
then add front Teraflex front bumpstops and 2 hockey pucks per side bolted down to the lower spring perch
still way less than 1000 bucks
well worth the trouble and anytime you replace shocks on these they need springs
Only thing better is the adjustable coilovers from JBA , its all I run on all of mine

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:53 pm 
LOST Newbie

927 are the HD spring, why do you find them better? and thanks for the site info.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:57 pm 

Nutdriverss wrote:
927 are the HD spring, why do you find them better? and thanks for the site info.

99% of the front springs I install are the 927s on KJs and KKs , they work well, give a good overall ride after broke in and last

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:58 pm 

Stock springs are rated at 310 lb, 925s are 350, 926s are 375 and 927s are rated at 400

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:41 am 
LOST Newbie

tommudd wrote:
Nutdriverss wrote:

Where are you looking ?
jeepinbyal has the full OME for 835, 4 cooils , 4 shocks make sure you get the 132L rear shocks
give you 2.5 inches of lift (927 front springs and 731 rear springs)
then add front Teraflex front bumpstops and 2 hockey pucks per side bolted down to the lower spring perch
still way less than 1000 bucks
well worth the trouble and anytime you replace shocks on these they need springs
Only thing better is the adjustable coilovers from JBA , its all I run on all of mine

Hi tommudd,

So the purpose of the hockey puck is purely as a bump stock for the rear? I've read some users of OME experienced a sag on the driver side, has this been the case in your experience? Currently in the same boat as OP. Looking at JBA & OME but will most likely go with OME due to the price difference. Is the ride significantly noticeable between JBA and OME?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:31 am 
LOST Newbie

Nutdriverss wrote:
I am considering a 1.5 to 2" lift on my 2011 liberty. I really don't care to go any taller to prevent replacing the control arms. I am looking for a smooth ride and this is the main reason for the upgrade. I know there are a lot of systems out there and I would like your opinion!

I got my OME 1.5 lift from JBA. Shocks, springs, "A" arms. Had local Jeep dealership install (they mod jeeps and since I had built a report with the general mangers son, he was more then happy to lift a liberty).

My issue with the life was simple. After it was installed and aligned, the front torsion bar had to be loosened then re-torqued after all fours were on the ground and not on the lift/alignment rack. They didn't do this at first and I was getting some nasty POPS! when turning and flexing. Once they fixed this, no issues since.

I had added sliders, full skids, class 3 hitch and my rig was about 6 inches off the ground. Looked sad. So, the lift ended up giving me 10 inches of clearance from the front skid to the ground and just over 9 in the rear. Even after putting on ATH's front bumper which tip the scale at 100+ lbs and with the 12k lb badlands winch, I still have the same clearance. I'd say my lift is about 4-5 years on the road. Made a world of dif on turns and general ride. Much more "jeep" like.

If I think I might need the winch, I take it with me, keeping it in the rear compartment area. Then, hook it up before heading into the muck. It has a quick connect and I have a 25ft extension cable so I can mount it on the rear hitch if needed (and I got a wireless control too. Only used it once (to pull a tree out of the way lol).

https://photos.app.goo.gl/xcobQIwURGVoYdqz1
https://photos.app.goo.gl/q5NzZH5XQ07aPNFI3
https://photos.app.goo.gl/x1knXURdrTEuP4vs1

(9 rear diff ground clearance)
ATH Front steel bumper
12k lb winch - BadLands
Reese Class III Rear Hitch
Pyle 42watt flood lights
Lifetime Warranty - Eng, Trans-Drivetrain