It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Tires for stock KK (2009 Liberty Sport 4wd)
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:52 pm 
LOST Newbie

I have a stock 2009 Liberty Sport 4x4 (command trac) with the factory 16 inch Sport wheels with 225/70/16 Goodyear wrangler ST's on them that are starting to wear out and tend to handle poorly at times in the rain. Noise is a concern on but I want better grip in wet conditions with a more aggressive look, in particular an A/T tire as I have good experiences with a few.

I'm leaning towards the BF Goodrich A/T KO2's in 235/70/16's since it seems easier to find A/T's in this size and I want to go larger than 225's. Are these worth every penny because they are the highest priced A/T in this size or is there anything close to comparable that will work just as well?

I have read that 245/70/16's may work too but I am concerned about power loss? I don't want to sacrifice performance if that will be noticeable with 245's especially at highway speeds, this Jeep struggles a bit as is to keep up with traffic.

Cost is not as much of a concern and am willing to shell out the dollars for BFG's because I've been burned before on cheap tires, I just don't know how they hold up on a heavy liberty since all the liberties in my area are on stock/standard highway-type tires generally. Any opinions/feedback is appreciated.

Post subject: Re: Tires for stock KK (2009 Liberty Sport 4wd)
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:31 pm 
LOST Newbie

We use the atko2 on our work trucks. I have to go to cell towers and the are at the worst places and the roads are at times not much more than rutted muddy paths. I have gotten very good use out of them and they have lasted very well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:42 pm 
LOST Newbie

Thanks, I'm still considering these along with Hankook Dynapro AT/M's, the K/O's seem like much better quality though.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:31 am 
LOST Newbie

I'm running the dynapros, and they have been great so far. Quiet on road, and great wet performance. BFG has always been a great tire as well, so tough to do a direct comparison. For the price the hankook is tough to beat. You'll get as many opinions as there are tire choices.

JBA/OME 927 / 731
255/60R18 Hankook Dynapro AT-M

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:35 pm 
LOST Newbie

442stu wrote:
I'm running the dynapros, and they have been great so far. Quiet on road, and great wet performance. BFG has always been a great tire as well, so tough to do a direct comparison. For the price the hankook is tough to beat. You'll get as many opinions as there are tire choices.

Went with the hankooks dynapro's ATM's, definitely an underrated great buy! Put 150 miles on them since Friday and the traction is great wet or dry, they look great (went with 235s), and still are quiet on the highway (I think they are actually better than the stock-style goodyears in terms of noise). The other thing is it feels more solid/stable and the steering response is better as well.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:01 am 
LOST Newbie

Nice choice. The only con I can say about the Dynapro ATM's is that they have slightly soft sidewalls.