It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: What would it take to fit 33 x10.5 tires?
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:23 am 
LOST Member

thinking hypothetically here. in the future im contemplating trying to stuff 33x10.50 tires.

Issues:
Fender Flares - need to be removed
pinch welds - folded over
wheel liners - need to be removed
steering rack - need reinforced or to be beefed up
actual fenders - need to be cut like an xj?
wheel wells - hammered back to create a larger opening
regear - 4.56 gears

am I missing anything? I wouldn't mind trying to pioneer the way if this has not been done, but i still am working on paying of the 'ol KK, so if anyone else has tried this please let me know what issues you've came across or if this is just a bad idea all around and why.

Post subject: Re: What would it take to fit 33 x10.5 tires?
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:14 pm 
LOST Addict

I'd get a beat up rubicon And runs 35's

05 CRD: H.D.S2 stat,WW Ironrock trilink&LCA's, OX rear,ARB front, 4.10's, ARB bumper, Suncoast,OME 3.5, JBA UCA,rock rails, Moabs&265/75 Duratracs, GDE tunes ,FFD fan,ARP's, 2 micron fuel, new valves,sasquatch battery tray & grid heater, tensioner relocated
Mech fan, VH & AC delete

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:17 pm 
Moderator / Lifetime Member

Tman's KK wrote:
thinking hypothetically here. in the future im contemplating trying to stuff 33x10.50 tires.

Issues:
wheel liners - need to be removed JUST OPENED UP ALL KINDS OF UGLY
steering rack - need reinforced or to be beefed up BEEN TRIED SO FAR NOTHING HAS WORKED LONG TERM
actual fenders - need to be cut like an xj? [b]CAN NOT DO / CAN NOT CUT ANY OUT LIKE AN XJ[/b]
wheel wells - hammered back to create a larger opening CAN NOT DO, NOT THAT MUCH ROOM PLUS WIRING ETC THERE
regear - 4.56 gears LOWER THAN THAT

am I missing anything? I wouldn't mind trying to pioneer the way if this has not been done, but i still am working on paying of the 'ol KK, so if anyone else has tried this please let me know what issues you've came across or if this is just a bad idea all around and why.

Its been tried , lots of lost money
If you don't like the KK go for it, what do you have to lose
If you like it, forget about trying it
If you are removing all of that you have just trashed a good vehicle
Plus will need lower gears than 4.56s
And you are not pioneering the way, like I said some have tried it before

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:54 pm 
LOST Newbie

You’d probably have to start by installing a solid front axle with a major lift.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:00 am 
LOST Addict

Location: Oregon Coast Dairy Country. Land of stumps, dumps, and "Liquid Pumps"
OR

Get Wrangler for the tires.

OR

Get tires that fit.

Sasquatch
DSS Turbo
CAT-elimntr
Weeks Stg1&2 EGRfix
PV-200
BLING
vent gauges

IDParts
head
cams
rockers
Timing set
ARP studs
eTn1 GX2123 5v GPs

YETI Custom Tune
Flowmaster 8325508
Carter P76611M
GM 12611872
Hayden 2986
GM 15976889
PATC Custom Billet
2010 Ram Hemi Trans
Sonnax 44957
Transgo kit
Cooper 51770

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 3:39 pm 
LOST Member

I found this on a JP magazine page..

The Liberator
Damian Smith of Chatsworth, California, is apparently not afraid of a challenge, and has built his ’10 Jeep KK, into a dual solid axle off-roader. He also had the guts to submit his truck to Jp, which has not historically been kind to the Liberty. Damian’s second generation Liberty project has a narrowed front Dana 44 axle from an F-150 that rides on 6-inch TJ coil springs with Rubicon control arms, and Bilstein 9100 bypass shocks, along with a JK steering box. The rear axle is a Chrysler 8.25-inch with 4.56 gears and an ARB Air Locker, and is supported by Clayton JK long-arms, 6-inch TJ coils, and Pro Comp shocks. The 15-inch American Racing D-hole wheels have 35-inch Pro Comp MT tires and Damian says his KK is used for both daily driving and rockcrawling.

if you search online you can find the photos of it. pretty snazzy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:48 pm 

Tman's KK wrote:
I found this on a JP magazine page..

The Liberator
Damian Smith of Chatsworth, California, is apparently not afraid of a challenge, and has built his ’10 Jeep KK, into a dual solid axle off-roader. He also had the guts to submit his truck to Jp, which has not historically been kind to the Liberty. Damian’s second generation Liberty project has a narrowed front Dana 44 axle from an F-150 that rides on 6-inch TJ coil springs with Rubicon control arms, and Bilstein 9100 bypass shocks, along with a JK steering box. The rear axle is a Chrysler 8.25-inch with 4.56 gears and an ARB Air Locker, and is supported by Clayton JK long-arms, 6-inch TJ coils, and Pro Comp shocks. The 15-inch American Racing D-hole wheels have 35-inch Pro Comp MT tires and Damian says his KK is used for both daily driving and rockcrawling.

if you search online you can find the photos of it. pretty snazzy

So,......
You are saying you have VERY DEEP pockets , correct ?
Takes a lot of money to do it right
Look up the one jeepinbyal built for a customer , very impressive but lots of money

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:55 am 
LOST Member

i saw the JBA jeep and merlin said it was like $10k to make that build work but that was like 14" of lift. a build like the liberator wouldnt be that expensive. if one was being cost effective it could be accomplished for about $5k no?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:16 pm 

Tman's KK wrote:
i saw the JBA jeep and merlin said it was like $10k to make that build work but that was like 14" of lift. a build like the liberator wouldnt be that expensive. if one was being cost effective it could be accomplished for about $5k no?

More than 10K
and would cost more than 5000, thats just getting started

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:25 pm 
LOST Newbie

Tman's KK wrote:

Issues:
regear - 4.56 gears

I'm running 32x10's on my 09 KK. With just a 1.5 inch life (but it's more like 3 inches). The wheels need the right OFFSET or they will rub when flexing and turning. Not much room to play. I made my rig more mud capable but forget the rocks (waist of the nice slider I have installed). I put some BFG KO 2's on it and got some nice 10inch wheels with ZERO offset. I tried 33's but the boys at discount tire "tested it" and said I'd best go with 32's unless I beat the crap out of the pinch weld and cut out that part of the inside plastic guard. It looks nice, still more capable then one off the show room floor, gets crappy MPG like any wrangler that has been "moded". My big thing was just to get around in mud/wet fields, and snow. I just don't try to climb mountains, LARGE curbs at the mall or people in wheel chairs.

I got my suspension from JeepinByAl. It's the old man emu w/"A" arm replacements. I won't even touch my drive-train. I plan on keeping it till I or the Jeep dies, which ever comes first so I don't want to F'k up the lifetime warranty :pepper:

(9 rear diff ground clearance)
ATH Front steel bumper
12k lb winch - BadLands
Reese Class III Rear Hitch
Pyle 42watt flood lights
Lifetime Warranty - Eng, Trans-Drivetrain

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:45 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

tc1uscg wrote:
Tman's KK wrote:

Issues:
regear - 4.56 gears

I'm running 32x10's on my 09 KK. With just a 1.5 inch life (but it's more like 3 inches). The wheels need the right OFFSET or they will rub when flexing and turning. Not much room to play. I made my rig more mud capable but forget the rocks (waist of the nice slider I have installed). I put some BFG KO 2's on it and got some nice 10inch wheels with ZERO offset. I tried 33's but the boys at discount tire "tested it" and said I'd best go with 32's unless I beat the crap out of the pinch weld and cut out that part of the inside plastic guard. It looks nice, still more capable then one off the show room floor, gets crappy MPG like any wrangler that has been "moded". My big thing was just to get around in mud/wet fields, and snow. I just don't try to climb mountains, LARGE curbs at the mall or people in wheel chairs.

I got my suspension from JeepinByAl. It's the old man emu w/"A" arm replacements. I won't even touch my drive-train. I plan on keeping it till I or the Jeep dies, which ever comes first so I don't want to F'k up the lifetime warranty :pepper:

265/70R16's are 31" tall tires and on a 10" wide rim more like 29.5" tall,mount to a 7" rim for the full 31".