It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Brake Pads touching on turns after brake job
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:25 pm 
LOST Newbie

Hey Guys,

New to the forum, but not new to Jeeps.

Working on the wifes 2012 Liberty. Has 90k on it and doing the front brakes

Two weeks ago I did rotors and pads. Bled the brakes and took it for a test drive. On turns the pads would contact the rotor and make a scrapping sound..

I took it all apart to see if the dust shield was bent and touching the rotor (but it wasn't) When I took it apart I noticed the Centric Pads were very loose in the bracket and decided return them. I also noticed this time the passenger side caliper piston was harder to push back in.. something I hadn't noticed before.

Got a set of Wagner pads and reman calipers (both sides.. why not). Threw everything on this weekend. Bled the brakes, greased the slides. Everything is perfect... Take it for a test drive and :banghead: :banghead: Noise is still there but only on the passenger side on turns. I did a few good stops to bed the brakes.

So with the car in the air, I can rotate the wheels freely and there is no scraping sound. This sound is the pad touching the rotor when turning, I can brake mid-turn and the sound goes away. With the car in the air.. wheel on, I check for bearing play.. it seems solid and theirs no vibration in the wheel while driving. But maybe its time to do hubs assy..

What do you guys think? The only other thing I can think of is re-bleeding the brakes? Let the brakes "bed-in" a little longer?

Post subject: Re: Brake Pads touching on turns after brake job
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:55 pm 
LOST Newbie

Did you figure it out? It sounds like your wheel bearing is bad allowing the rotor to tilt when under load.