It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Regearing Fund
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:44 pm 
LOST Addict

:2cents: :2cents:

I’ve been wanting to regear since my Jeep was at 90,000 miles. It’s now at 158,000 and still running the stock 3.73’s with its 245/75R16 Duratracs. It’s livable but I am towing more than I used to and want more power.

I’ve decided that since I never have enough money saved up at any given time to be able to regear my Jeep to 4.10 or 4.56, that I would start a “regearing fund.” Eventually, maybe, if hell doesn’t freeze over and the creeks don’t rise, I might have enough to regear. After November I am officially at $40! :2cents: :2cents: :rockon: :BANANA: Just kidding, I know at that rate it will be almost 10 years before I have what I need. And by then my Jeep will have turned into a pile of iron oxide. I am hoping that I’ll be able to squirrel away a little more here and there and reach the goal more quickly. I am thinking I’ll probably need $2-3,000 for the job, here in the east coast where things are more expensive.

I know saving large sums is the same issue many run into when planning for a good quality lift kit like OME or JBA. With my JBA Lift I got parts of it used and filled out what was missing by buying new parts from Marlin. So I never needed to purchase the whole thing all at once. Does anyone have any tips, tricks, or strategies (legal, of course) for building up a lift or regearing fund? Let’s hear how you did it.

BFG KO2’s 245/75R16
Full MOPAR skid plates
Rock Lizard Skink Super Sliders
AtTheHelm Front Recovery System & Roof Rack

M116A3 Trailer build thread: viewtopic.php?f=72&t=77997

Post subject: Re: Regearing Fund
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:28 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Go fund me account. I know stranger things have been posted, and believe it or not folks donate.
Can't hurt to try. But beware, go fund me gets a percentage of all donations off the top. Not sure but thy may charge a fee up front as well.
Just don't lie or make up some BS story to try to hustle folks out of their $.

ESP Off Switch
Take a ride on the Trō side!