It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: JET Performance Module
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:23 pm 
LOST Member

Is this thing good?

Add up to 25 HP!

Jet Performance Chip 3.7L V6

Stage 1 - For stock or mildly modified vehicles. Fuel and timing curves are modified for optimal performance and mileage using less expensive, lower octane fuels. Programming is designed to burn fuel at peak efficiency, which results in improved performance and mileage. Daily drivers can use lower cost regular fuel for potential mileage gains, but for optimal performance gains use of mid-grade or better is recommended. The JET Performance Module for Dodge, Chrysler and Jeep vehicles is a JET exclusive. Dynamic Spectrum Tuning provides power gains across the entire power band-not just at full throttle. Point by point air/fuel ratio, ignition advance and various other tuning points provide performance gains of up to 25 horsepower. Improves throttle response, acceleration and low end torque. Simple, plug-in installation in less than 30 minutes.

Stage 2 - Designed for the performance enthusiast, the Stage 2 features more aggressive programming to make the most horsepower and torque available. Fuel and timing curves are extensively modified for peak performance and drivability. Requires use of 91 octane fuel, 180 degree thermostat and free flow exhaust. Also works well with aftermarket intake systems, mass air sensors, TBI spacers, etc.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Post subject: Re: JET Performance Module
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:30 pm 
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

25 horse power :lol:
On the KKs some claim they provide some power
On the KJs , nope changes shift points some but noting else

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:29 pm 
LOST Addict

I’ve never had a tune but I’ve been hanging around the KK section long enough to absorb some info based on people’s experiences. Here’s what I’ve heard:

Chips like the Jet provide a temporary gain. But later the computer unlearns the tune by compensating for it. This would apply not only to Jet but any other chip that tries to modify the sensor inputs the computer sees in order to influence the outcome. Temporary gains only. So the only way to ensure this keeps working is to unhook the battery and clear the memory every few days.

The only tune that actually rewrites the software and has a lasting real effect is the Hypertech Max Energy tuner. It does seem to make the Jeep quicker off the line for some folks, and Hypertech has dyno info on their website showing the changes (which are pretty small on the 3.7). Hypertech can make use of a 4.7 throttle body, which is larger bore. The only issue is that it will only work for ‘08-‘10 KK’s. In ‘11 Jeep changed the encryption for the computer and Hypertech never bothered to crack it. So if you have an ‘11-‘12 you are out of luck.

BFG KO2’s 245/75R16
Full MOPAR skid plates
Rock Lizard Skink Super Sliders
AtTheHelm Front Recovery System & Roof Rack

M116A3 Trailer build thread: viewtopic.php?f=72&t=77997

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 5:13 am 
LOST Newbie

I have read a lot on the subject and the above is exactly what I learned as well.
I have just bought yesterday the Max Energy 2000 as was cheaper than the older version, 52501, at the moment on Amazon.

To try where there is little hope, is to risk failure.
Not to try at all, is to guarantee it!

http://willyshotrod.com
____| \______\
|/¯\ |¯ |--O||||O
()_)-o-)¯¯()_)-o-)_)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 1:50 pm 
LOST Member

Gojeep wrote:
I have read a lot on the subject and the above is exactly what I learned as well.
I have just bought yesterday the Max Energy 2000 as was cheaper than the older version, 52501, at the moment on Amazon.

They claim (Hypertech Max) you can reprogram the tire height and the gear ratio if you regear your axle. Some reviews saying “Big money for little changes”..?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 2:44 pm 
LOST Addict

The tire size / speedometer options on the Hypertech have been removed over the years because they crashed the ABS module, eliminating traction control and antilock brakes. I don’t know about the gearing options. Hopefully someone with a Hypertech can answer that for us.

BFG KO2’s 245/75R16
Full MOPAR skid plates
Rock Lizard Skink Super Sliders
AtTheHelm Front Recovery System & Roof Rack

M116A3 Trailer build thread: viewtopic.php?f=72&t=77997

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 8:14 pm 
LOST Newbie

Both gearing and tyre size has been removed for the KK's only for the above reason.

To try where there is little hope, is to risk failure.
Not to try at all, is to guarantee it!

http://willyshotrod.com
____| \______\
|/¯\ |¯ |--O||||O
()_)-o-)¯¯()_)-o-)_)

Post subject: JET Performance Module
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:03 am 
LOST Newbie

Check this: https://appcar-diagfca.com/en/ it’ll do much more than tyre size. A conversation on the topic has started here, originally with regards to LED headlight upgrades: http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/sho ... &p=1643237 This tool specifically starting at about post 40.