It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Wrangler wheels and tires on a kk
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:46 pm 
LOST Newbie

I have a 2009 liberty with a 3" lift and want to run a set of 2017-18 Rubicon wheels and tires. Getting wheels for sure just wanted to know if anyone has gone down this road before. I have seen pics and one in particular of a black lifted liberty with them rims and man it looked good so I know it's possible. Thanks

Post subject: Re: Wrangler wheels and tires on a kk
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:35 pm 
LOST Addict

It's possible but not ideal. You'll need good quality wheel spacers such as Spidertrax to make this work, which is a good amount of money that could get you partway to new rims instead. The Liberty's lug nut pattern is different than the Wrangler's, hence the need for the Spidertrax wheel adaptors. Then, you've got 2 sets of lug nuts to keep tabs on to keep your wheels safely secured. The spacers also change the forces that your wheel bearings see on a daily basis, making them possibly wear out prematurely. People have done it, but if it were me and I really wanted to change the look of the stock wheels, I'd get wheels that fit off the shelf and skip the spacers. Then again, Wrangler wheels are readily available and cheap, so I see why you would consider running them.

BFG KO2’s 245/75R16
Full MOPAR skid plates
Rock Lizard Skink Super Sliders
AtTheHelm Front Recovery System & Roof Rack

M116A3 Trailer build thread: viewtopic.php?f=72&t=77997

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:44 pm 
LOST Newbie

Thanks alot, didn't even think to check bolt spacing, found the adapters also, wouldn't have thought about that until the wheels were off.... so glad have a place like this for answers. Thanks again you definitely saved me time. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:24 am 
Moderator / Lifetime Member

Wouldn't do it
with spacers, :x didn't mention tire size but possibly tires where you would need to regear
plus most JK wheels are just plain ugly no matter the price
If there were a set with spacers laying in my garage I wouldn't even take the time to mount them to see what they look like

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:29 am 
LOST Newbie

[Fquote="DDC353"]I have a 2009 liberty with a 3" lift and want to run a set of 2017-18 Rubicon wheels and tires. Getting wheels for sure just wanted to know if anyone has gone down this road before. I have seen pics and one in particular of a black lifted liberty with them rims and man it looked good so I know it's possible. Thanks[/quote]

I went with Rubicon wheels when I lifted and regeared. I liked the look of them compared to available wheels both OEM and aftermarket. At every oil change and tire rotation I check the tightness of all the lugs. Currently have gone about 45k miles since the lift (at 75k miles now) and had no major issues.

2012 Liberty Latitude 4x4
MOPAR Skids
ATH Front Recovery System, Roof Rack, Rock Rails, and Rear Bumper with Carrier
JBA 4" Lift
4.56 Yukon, Eaton-E Front Locker
255/75R17 Duratracs on Rubicon Wheels

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:26 pm 

Homeward_Bound wrote:
I went with Rubicon wheels when I lifted and regeared. I liked the look of them compared to available wheels both OEM and aftermarket. At every oil change and tire rotation I check the tightness of all the lugs. Currently have gone about 45k miles since the lift (at 75k miles now) and had no major issues.

LOL still don't like those wheels
BUT,................overall good build
Built right with lift, gearing, size tires, lockers, bumpers etc
So just wanted to say I like it when someone goes that extra step to build one as you go with the right parts etc
GREAT JOB

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:29 am 
LOST Newbie

Homeward_bound your jeep is what im going for, have the same truck and wheels with set of 275/75/R17 terra grapplers, just did 3 inch rockfather lift, with new control arms, i think it looks awesome the way you got it, did you feel the difference with the big tires? Was the gear change necessary?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:19 pm 

DDC353 wrote:
Homeward_bound your jeep is what im going for, have the same truck and wheels with set of 275/75/R17 terra grapplers, just did 3 inch rockfather lift, with new control arms, i think it looks awesome the way you got it, did you feel the difference with the big tires? Was the gear change necessary?

275-75-17s with only 3 inches of lift ?
Rockfather, sorry :(
what gearing are you going with , I'd suggest 4.56s

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:49 am 
LOST Newbie

tommudd wrote:

LOL still don't like those wheels
BUT,................overall good build
Built right with lift, gearing, size tires, lockers, bumpers etc
So just wanted to say I like it when someone goes that extra step to build one as you go with the right parts etc
GREAT JOB

To each their own Tom.
Thanks for the compliment. I did a lot of research before I modified my Jeep as to not *&^^&* it up.

DDC353 wrote:

33's on a 3" lift? Going to be rubbing a lot. I rub a bit with 32's on a 4". Definitly regear. Minimum 4.10, but 4.56 is better suited for that size. Most I feel with the big tires is when I'm above 65 mph. Lot more energy needed to maintain speed. I can squeeze 350ish if I keep it at 65 on cruise.

2012 Liberty Latitude 4x4
MOPAR Skids
ATH Front Recovery System, Roof Rack, Rock Rails, and Rear Bumper with Carrier
JBA 4" Lift
4.56 Yukon, Eaton-E Front Locker
255/75R17 Duratracs on Rubicon Wheels

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:37 pm 
LOST Newbie

Hey guys...I just bought a 2011 Jeep Liberty and a friend of mine is giving me a set of 4 255/75/r17 and a 2.5" lift kit for a very good price, the question is are they going to fit, rub? Do I need wheel spacers? Someone can help me? Thanks

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:50 pm 

JimmyQuintero wrote:
Hey guys...I just bought a 2011 Jeep Liberty and a friend of mine is giving me a set of 4 255/75/r17 and a 2.5" lift kit for a very good price, the question is are they going to fit, rub? Do I need wheel spacers? Someone can help me? Thanks

First what type of lift ?
255-75-17 tires need 4 inches of lift and regear to at the very least 4.10s, 4,56s would be better
So need to go JBA coilover lift with extended rear sway bar links, etc
Also if he gave you a spacer lift he's no friend LOL
Wheel spacers will not help you at all
Even if he gave them to you, you'll need to be serious about it and do it the right way

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:53 am 
LOST Newbie

There is a used set of these Rubi alloys waiting to be mounted to my KK once upgraded from the OME kit to the best from JBA and the obligatory diff ratio change.

With spacers generally being a no-no for a few reasons, the first being safety leads me to prefer the rodders method. They were probably the pioneers of fitting any wheel to any hub and their method would be a safer alternative which also keeps close to factory spec. As with anything so critical it must always be done carefully and precisely.

https://www.hellsgatehotrods.com/shop/drill-guide/