It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Upgrading OME 1.5" to Econo 3.5"?
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:25 pm 
LOST Newbie

I currently have the OME HD 1.5" lift installed on my 2012 liberty latitude edition, OME2927/ 90009 strut up front and OME2731/ 60069 in the rear. I am planning on installing new JBA A-arms and while doing do so adding the top plate, clevis lift and extra 2 rear isolators per side in the rear. The current lift is just over a year old and I mainly want to upgrade to accommodate larger tires. My question is can i use the same OME 60069 rear shocks or will those need to be changed out to a longer shock? Haven't seen any info on them being used on the KK for 3.5" lift but some do on the KJ?

Post subject: Re: Upgrading OME 1.5" to Econo 3.5"?
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:16 pm 
Moderator / Lifetime Member

JustmyKK wrote:
I currently have the OME HD 1.5" lift installed on my 2012 liberty latitude edition, OME2927/ 90009 strut up front and OME2731/ 60069 in the rear. I am planning on installing new JBA A-arms and while doing do so adding the top plate, clevis lift and extra 2 rear isolators per side in the rear. The current lift is just over a year old and I mainly want to upgrade to accommodate larger tires. My question is can i use the same OME 60069 rear shocks or will those need to be changed out to a longer shock? Haven't seen any info on them being used on the KK for 3.5" lift but some do on the KJ?

Use the OME 132L rears made for a lifted Liberty
The 60069 are more or less for stock height
Even on a 2.5 inch lift I use the 132Ls
on clevis lift no more than 3/8 of an inch
Now next thing is at that height ( 3.5 inches ) and even with the JBA arms you are going to be close to have the UCAs contact the springs when bumps/off camber etc times
That is why I always suggest the JBA adjustables , just a note
Plus you'll want larger tires so be prepared for a regear as well

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:01 pm 
LOST Newbie

Okay, thanks for the reply. I'll be adding the OME 132L to the list of parts.
Currenty the jeep is sitting close to 20" up front and the rear is approximately 20.5" so the 3/8" should be good?
Ill be mounting 265/70r16 on a set of TJ moab wheels I picked up stupid cheap and I've already pounded down the pinch weld. The plan is to regear this summer and the JBA adjustables will be added in the future.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:28 pm 

JustmyKK wrote:
Currenty the jeep is sitting close to 20" up front and the rear is approximately 20.5" so the 3/8" should be good?
Ill be mounting 265/70r16 on a set of TJ moab wheels I picked up stupid cheap and I've already pounded down the pinch weld. The plan is to regear this summer and the JBA adjustables will be added in the future.

3/8 inch clevis lift will lift it 3/4 of an inch
if you want it level do 1/4 inch clevis

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:51 pm 
LOST Newbie

tommudd wrote:
JustmyKK wrote:

So just to clairfy.. 1/4 inch top plate and 1/4 inch clevis with the two extra rear isolators per side, will have the jeep sitting level?

Also, what size bumb stop should install in the rear? Plan on buying the 4" off the JBA website.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:00 pm 

JustmyKK wrote:
tommudd wrote:
JustmyKK wrote:

So just to clairfy.. 1/4 inch top plate and 1/4 inch clevis with the two extra rear isolators per side, will have the jeep sitting level?

Also, what size bumb stop should install in the rear? Plan on buying the 4" off the JBA website.

As far as bumpstops, depends a lot on tires and wheels, with the Moabs you should get by with 3 inches or so, sometimes hard to say due to tire manufacture / tread design. For example I was running 265-70-16 Goodyears that had a tread width of 8 inches, now the Falken Wildpeaks are 8.5 inches
On my own and some of the others I've lifted I will test to see how much I actually need

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:04 pm 
LOST Newbie

With the Moabs, Would you recommend running a 265/70r16 vs. a 245/75r16? and in what load rating? The jeep is my daily driver and I take it out for weedend adventures (Snowboarding in the winter and Camping and hiking in the summer). dont plan on doing anything crazy technical, but i do like the looks from JK onwers wondering how I got the liberty back there.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:14 pm 
LOST Newbie

tommudd wrote:
JustmyKK wrote:

Use the OME 132L rears made for a lifted Liberty
The 60069 are more or less for stock height
Even on a 2.5 inch lift I use the 132Ls
on clevis lift no more than 3/8 of an inch
Now next thing is at that height ( 3.5 inches ) and even with the JBA arms you are going to be close to have the UCAs contact the springs when bumps/off camber etc times
That is why I always suggest the JBA adjustables , just a note
Plus you'll want larger tires so be prepared for a regear as well

Boy do I feel stupid. I have the 1.5OME lift. I did opt for the longer "A" arms at the time but I did nothing else to it. No re-gear, etc. Even with the bigger tires I'm running now, BFGs 265's. Wider rims too. I was at one time thinking about re-gearing and adding a limited slip for the rear but after talking to the GSM at the local jeep chop shop, he said I could kiss my lifetime warranty good buy if I touched anything in the drive train. So, I have to wonder, other than gas mileage, what am I loosing/giving up by not re-gearing. I was debating on also adding ATH's rear steel bumper so that's another couple hundred pounds if I add all the attachments. It's already all armored up. The side sliders are over 50lbs each, front bumper adds 120lbs, put on the winch and that's another 75. Skids, rear hitch, there's no doubt why I'm getting about 11mpg city. But at the end of the day, what am I doing to the whole system?

(9 rear diff ground clearance)
ATH Front steel bumper
12k lb winch - BadLands
Reese Class III Rear Hitch
Pyle 42watt flood lights
Lifetime Warranty - Eng, Trans-Drivetrain

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:49 am 

tc1usgq
Running that size tire without regearing is bad over all
Yes losing gas mileage is bad but you are also working the motor harder, transmission is , well you are killing it slowly. Its always trying to find the right gear, shifting back and forth, will run hotter all the time ,
If you had yours for sale now I would pass, knowing what you have put it through
Not bashing on you , just stating facts , its very hard on any vehicle
These are produced to perform best at a certain RPM, lowering that RPM range lower has everything working harder to go down the road

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:02 pm 
LOST Newbie

tommudd wrote:
tc1usgq
Running that size tire without re-gearing is bad over all
Yes losing gas mileage is bad but you are also working the motor harder, transmission is , well you are killing it slowly. Its always trying to find the right gear, shifting back and forth, will run hotter all the time ,
If you had yours for sale now I would pass, knowing what you have put it through
These are produced to perform best at a certain RPM, lowering that RPM range lower has everything working harder to go down the road

I wouldn't sell it either :P

That's why I don't plan on messing with the drive train as to not kill off the warranty. I've been running larger tires since around the 40k mile mark and though it's had it's drive train serviced every 30k miles and it's make it past the last 2 "inspections" for warranty review, it's not been voided. So, since I deal with the dealership that has done these mods, they told me out right that Jeep wouldn't void my warranty because I'm running bigger tires (there's no provision in the lifetime warranty that says a mod to your jeep will null and void the warranty). No more then though it says pulling 5000lbs won't void it either, anyone with a KK knows you are pushing it with over 3000lbs of an early death. I don't do much highway driving so at this point, I'm not too concerned but unless I'm going to see some astronomical increase in fuel mileage, I rather leave it alone and god knows what damage I've done to it if what you say has happened already. If I was going to re-gear, what are my choices. I do drive it on the hwy form time to time but i'd say right now 90% is urban/city driving.

As far as shifting goes, I don't notice any shifting much at all. I do like driving it around (not over 50mph) with it in TOW mode (just doesn't shift to 4th). :JEEPIN:

Thanks for your input.

(9 rear diff ground clearance)
ATH Front steel bumper
12k lb winch - BadLands
Reese Class III Rear Hitch
Pyle 42watt flood lights
Lifetime Warranty - Eng, Trans-Drivetrain

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:46 pm 

JustmyKK wrote:
With the Moabs, Would you recommend running a 265/70r16 vs. a 245/75r16? and in what load rating? The jeep is my daily driver and I take it out for weedend adventures (Snowboarding in the winter and Camping and hiking in the summer). dont plan on doing anything crazy technical, but i do like the looks from JK onwers wondering how I got the liberty back there.

265-70-16s

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:53 pm 

tc1uscg wrote:
tommudd wrote:
tc1usgq
Running that size tire without re-gearing is bad over all

I wouldn't sell it either :P

That's why I don't plan on messing with the drive train as to not kill off the warranty. I've been running larger tires since around the 40k mile mark and though it's had it's drive train serviced every 30k miles and it's make it past the last 2 "inspections" for warranty review, it's not been voided. So, since I deal with the dealership that has done these mods, they told me out right that Jeep wouldn't void my warranty because I'm running bigger tires (there's no provision in the lifetime warranty that says a mod to your jeep will null and void the warranty). No more then though it says pulling 5000lbs won't void it either, anyone with a KK knows you are pushing it with over 3000lbs of an early death. I don't do much highway driving so at this point, I'm not too concerned but unless I'm going to see some astronomical increase in fuel mileage, I rather leave it alone and god knows what damage I've done to it if what you say has happened already. If I was going to re-gear, what are my choices. I do drive it on the hwy form time to time but i'd say right now 90% is urban/city driving.

As far as shifting goes, I don't notice any shifting much at all. I do like driving it around (not over 50mph) with it in TOW mode (just doesn't shift to 4th). :JEEPIN:

Thanks for your input.

Even just cruising around town putting more stress on everything , at least you leave the OD off so that is good.
I would want it in writing that larger tires would not affect transmission if warranty is required.
Know of times back when they were new that they would not saying well you installed larger tires, its yours !
Of course I'm one of those that never has done warranty, mine is out the window within 10 miles
Tried to get a front coil warrantied on a F150 back in 1976, 12,000 mile warranty, coil broke 2 blocks from Ford dealership when it 12,002 miles on it and they did zero. Last time I ever tried

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:32 pm 
LOST Newbie

Okay, Thanks for all the answers.

I order these parts off JBA.com at the beginning of the week.

-JBA Upper A-Arms
-JBA Strut Spacer Plate Set
-Teraflex Bumpstops x2
-Clevis Spacer in both .250" & .375" (gotta see what size will have everything sit level)
-OME Long Rear Shock n132L x2
-KK Rear Coil Spring Isolator x4
-Rear Bump Stops

Did I miss anything? I see some people are adding the Adjustable Rear Track Bar and Extended Sway Bar Links, will It be okay to add these parts down the road when the next bonus check comes?