It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:52 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Transfer Case Switch PROBLEM_2011 KK
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:39 pm 
LOST Newbie

Hey Guys and Gals,

I’m new to the site so thank you in advance for your assistance if I’m posting in the wrong place. A tech from Jeep actually recommended that I post here with my problem as he had never run into this issue. I’m hoping that one of you have had some experience with this and could give me some guidance for my 2011 KK.

First of all my 4WD-H and 4WD-L engage and work fine as well as the corresponding lights on the dash for them.
My problem seems to be related to the Transfer Case Switch (interior) next to the gear shifter. It switches through the 4WD gears fine. However, the “locking feature” which keeps the switch from being pushed back from 4H to 4L doesn’t work. Meaning the switch can glide freely back and forward. The “governor” works fine keeping it from slipping into 4L when this happens. The green light on the switch itself doesn’t light up either. The Neutral light on the switch does work though. After speaking with Jeep last week I ordered a new switch and replaced it today. The problem hasn’t changed. After some NET searching I thought that maybe the Transfer Case Module was not working. The tech told me that since the 4WD functions are working properly that isn’t the case. I also checked the corresponding fuse (J2_30AMP_Pink) and it looks fine. I plan on replacing it within the next couple days to completely rule that out though. I live on a mountain and this has been an INSANE winter. So I'm using my 4WD daily.

Obviously something isn’t right.
Anyone out there have this issue?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thank you again.