It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:09 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: My custom mods and updates!
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:30 pm 
LOST Member

So l have taken a new interest in my jeep. Lost it for a while but now its all back. My duratracs barely made it through summer and a buddy hooked me up with a set of new wheels and tires for 300 bucks and that kicked it all back into gear. I have had my CB for a good while now so i figured it was a good time to install. I have also wanted the roof rack from ATH so i got to looking into that and i had some custom switches made for my front pods and cb so with the thoughts building and some parts already sitting around i said screw it. So i ordered everything else needed for the install of the CB, got the Roof rack with ATH ordered with some additions, and got my plan together. I wanted to add some lights so morgan hooked me up with some additional tabs and i had switches made for that as well and sent to me. But where to put them all. I decided on doing a 3d scan of the upper dash pocket, got a switch bezel, dual USB charger, a positive and negative block to run wires to, and went to town. Took measurements of the bezel and the usb and started plugging away with some help from a buddy to get a panel made. Once that was done we threw the design into 3D print software and let it do its thing. I decided to powdercoat the rack metallic black from prismatic powders, ordered the powder and got it in a few days. Its been a fun project. Got the RC 2.5 inch lift going on soon cause the 17s rub a bit so that will hold me over while i save for a better lift. Also got all LED's in the jeep now too even in the mirror lights. Made a huge difference. But here's some pics

[URL=https://s1295.photobucket.com/user/pshaffer05/media/20190118_114843_zpsxs1m4hpm.jpg.html]
[URL=https://s1295.photobucket.com/user/pshaffer05/media/imagejpeg_0_zps1k87y99j.jpg.html]Image

Hope you enjoy. its not all done yet. Have to order the 40 inch rough country light bar with the white DRL feature and finish the wiring. Also going to make a few changes to the switch panel and print it in black and a more durable material that will hold up to the heat. but i think so far that it turned out great.

At The Helm shackles with red D-rings
And Roof Rack with Rough Country 40" light bar in front and 4 Dually pods on the rear
Custom Flip Switches and Custom panel
17 inch Black Rock rims
Rough Country 2.5 in budget lift
Bearcat 980 SSB CB
Kenwood double din cd dvd player

Post subject: Re: My custom mods and updates!
PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:14 pm 
LOST Newbie

Wow, absolutely love that 3D printed panel! Do you have the file on thingiverse or somewhere I could get it?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:03 pm 
LOST Member

Ormill wrote:
Wow, absolutely love that 3D printed panel! Do you have the file on thingiverse or somewhere I could get it?

were going to be selling them soon once we get all the kinks out of it. will have a few options available. one with just the switch panel opening, one with all of it but just the holes, and one that comes with the bezel and dual usb

At The Helm shackles with red D-rings
And Roof Rack with Rough Country 40" light bar in front and 4 Dually pods on the rear
Custom Flip Switches and Custom panel
17 inch Black Rock rims
Rough Country 2.5 in budget lift
Bearcat 980 SSB CB
Kenwood double din cd dvd player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:12 pm 
LOST Newbie

Shaffer wrote:
Ormill wrote:

were going to be selling them soon once we get all the kinks out of it. will have a few options available. one with just the switch panel opening, one with all of it but just the holes, and one that comes with the bezel and dual usb

Awesome! I'll definitely buy! Keep me updated :D