It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Liberty maintenance before heavy use.
PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 3:02 pm 
LOST Newbie

I'm going to start using my liberty for pilot card services. It is a 2011 Jeep liberty 3.7 4x4 with 110000 miles. I want to maximize MPG And also reliability while out on the road.

I want to change both differentials transfer case and transmission fluids but want to make sure I have the best suited fluids.Most driving will be in the South and Southwest.

Was looking at Lucas 80w90 for both front and rear diff as most driving will be highway, I think the diff is supposed to be 75w140 but think the 80w90 might edge out mpg but still much better than synthetic gear oil. What fluids are best recommended for trans and transfer case? Those would best be suited with synthetics?

For motor oil I normally use Mobil 1 in the jeep, but I have a few gallons of Rotella T6 I use for my Audi. I know the Rotella is highly recommended for lots of vehicles but wanted to be sure I'm not missing out on soemthing better suited.

Going to be doing coolant flush, spark plugs, air and cabin filter. Anything else I should be looking at for the mileage? Also any other recommendations or considerations on fluids?

Going to look for a 4.7l tb to try and help MPG as well.

Post subject: Re: Liberty maintenance before heavy use.
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:27 pm 
LOST Newbie

From Engine, to pumpkins, to trany I have always run Amsoil in my Jeeps. Once you go Amsoil you will not go back to the lesser quality products. It has saved several of my rigs from certain destruction that they would have suffered with a lesser quality product. They even have a nice vehicle fact sheet on their web site that allows you to find the exact fluids your rig needs by spec, and weight.

Lando Liberty 2011 Kk