It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:58 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Who will carry on?
PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:24 am 
LOST Newbie

Who is the next business to supply the most recommended lift kit for KKs? OME is a parts hunt. Who is the next and now best which sells the 2” lift as a whole kit and it has to perform well?

Post subject: Re: Who will carry on?
PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:19 pm 
Moderator / Lifetime Member

jsibs wrote:
Who is the next business to supply the most recommended lift kit for KKs? OME is a parts hunt. Who is the next and now best which sells the 2” lift as a whole kit and it has to perform well?

You can still order complete OME setups
just ordered last week for a customer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:07 pm 
LOST Newbie

I just did the OME lift with 4600 Bilsteins and love it. It raised it up to 22 inchs from the center hub and it handles better then from the factory. I didn't want to go too high because it's my work car and it needs to fit in parking garages.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:51 am 
LOST Member

Does any one think JBA will start carrying liberty stuff again other than upper control arms(the stuff that says out of stock on his website)?

06 Renegade, 265-70-16 Duratracs on Moab's/OMF, RL sliders ,roof rack, On board air, JBA-UCA, adjust-a strut, Rear-OME 948 two uppers ,Sensatrac shocks, Boiler rad. skid, Mopar/4x guard skid,Terra-flex 4:1,HD cooling,more lights, gauges. ARB/Warn, Mudds Rear Bumper.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:38 pm 
LOST Addict

Location: Oregon Coast Dairy Country. Land of stumps, dumps, and "Liquid Pumps"
AS the number of Libertys on the road will only decrease going forward, and they've already felt the volume doesn't provide enough profit, to stock parts for them, it's highly doubtful. I believe things will (if provided at all) be provided by small personal shops (ATH, YETI, All J, Blackbird Innovations, HDS, Arkady Minchenkov, WWDiesel, and others I've missed) on a special order basis.

EDIT: Just wanted to also thank IDParts and Sasquatch Parts, without whose attention and help, I think this community would probably not even exist.

Sasquatch
DSS Turbo
CAT-elimntr
Weeks Stg1&2 EGRfix
PV-200
BLING
vent gauges

IDParts
head
cams
rockers
Timing set
ARP studs
eTn1 GX2123 5v GPs

YETI Custom Tune
Flowmaster 8325508
Carter P76611M
GM 12611872
Hayden 2986
GM 15976889
PATC Custom Billet
2010 Ram Hemi Trans
Sonnax 44957
Transgo kit
Cooper 51770

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:14 am 
LOST Newbie

tommudd wrote:
jsibs wrote:

You can still order complete OME setups
just ordered last week for a customer

I have a 2012 Liberty and am finding it hard to get a one stop shop. I find the rear springs here and fronts there. I do know Bilstein shocks are a good choice but I am more worries about all the little items which come with a kit: bump stops, hardware, extra know-how. I understand I am late in the four year run Liberty but it is what I have and I actually like the look of it. I have been considering a trade to a 95 Range Rover or 96 Land Cruiser because the fuel mileage really isn’t that far off a Liberty! Ha

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:27 am 
LOST Newbie

metalbourne wrote:
I just did the OME lift with 4600 Bilsteins and love it. It raised it up to 22 inchs from the center hub and it handles better then from the factory. I didn't want to go too high because it's my work car and it needs to fit in parking garages.

I am guessing you meant a 2.2” increase from hub to fender? And that would be perfect. I ain’t a wild kid anymore and “feet and knees together” is behind me. I too am in the camp of OME springs with Bilstein shocks as my path forward. Anything else to consider? I am also wondering about wheels which provide more offset (widen) and didn’t know if you went down the same path.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:30 am 
LOST Newbie

GordnadoCRD wrote:
AS the number of Libertys on the road will only decrease going forward, and they've already felt the volume doesn't provide enough profit, to stock parts for them, it's highly doubtful. I believe things will (if provided at all) be provided by small personal shops (ATH, YETI, All J, Blackbird Innovations, HDS, Arkady Minchenkov, WWDiesel, and others I've missed) on a special order basis.

EDIT: Just wanted to also thank IDParts and Sasquatch Parts, without whose attention and help, I think this community would probably not even exist.

In Clarksville TN, what’s a reputable shop near here? I have ventured onto Squatch’s website but have struck out on lifts I believe. And I do like to visit a shop and buy from a shop over a big box store.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:34 pm 

There are still a few vendors besides JBA that still list OME and other brand lift kits for Jeep KKs
Or
You can simply buy the springs and shocks separately and make your own kit.
Shock Warehouse has Bilstein Shocks along with plenty of other brands at good prices. https://www.shockwarehouse.com/

Morris 4x4 Center (Skyjacker)
https://www.morris4x4center.com/suspens ... rty-437312

Rocky Road Outfitters (OME struts & shocks)
https://www.rocky-road.com/jeep-liberty-ome.html

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch
IronrockArms/wwdieselMount

98 Dodge Cummins 24 Valve

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:46 pm 
LOST Newbie

Rocky Road Outfitters is always a question of authenticity in my mind. And yes I am judging the book by its cover, or its website.

I have seen the Skyjacker kit but never a positive thorough review.

I will start researching RRO more and possible gleaning from the build thread on here as to all the smaller items which are easily overlooked by someone new to these kits.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:20 pm 

jsibs wrote:
Rocky Road Outfitters is always a question of authenticity in my mind. And yes I am judging the book by its cover, or its website.

I have seen the Skyjacker kit but never a positive thorough review.

I will start researching RRO more and possible gleaning from the build thread on here as to all the smaller items which are easily overlooked by someone new to these kits.

PLEASE JUST SAY NO TO RRO, junk business

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:25 pm 
LOST Newbie

I am kind of out of options. I am betting your customer was a KJ owner. I over thought my way into being so far behind, I’ll try to find a resolution.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:58 pm 
LOST Addict

Location: Oregon Coast Dairy Country. Land of stumps, dumps, and "Liquid Pumps"
Which components of the KK suspension aren't interchangeable with the KJ?

I know some are, but I'm curious to know which aren't. Doesn't the KK share the same rear suspension with the Dodge Durango?

Sasquatch
DSS Turbo
CAT-elimntr
Weeks Stg1&2 EGRfix
PV-200
BLING
vent gauges

IDParts
head
cams
rockers
Timing set
ARP studs
eTn1 GX2123 5v GPs

YETI Custom Tune
Flowmaster 8325508
Carter P76611M
GM 12611872
Hayden 2986
GM 15976889
PATC Custom Billet
2010 Ram Hemi Trans
Sonnax 44957
Transgo kit
Cooper 51770

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 5:11 pm 
LOST Newbie

I have not heard of any compatibility between KJ and KK. I have heard the Durango springs are a good substitute but I didn’t find the definitive forum to show a new pair of Durango springs getting installed.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:36 pm 
LOST Newbie

jsibs wrote:
metalbourne wrote:

I am guessing you meant a 2.2” increase from hub to fender? And that would be perfect. I ain’t a wild kid anymore and “feet and knees together” is behind me. I too am in the camp of OME springs with Bilstein shocks as my path forward. Anything else to consider? I am also wondering about wheels which provide more offset (widen) and didn’t know if you went down the same path.

Sorry for the late response, I measured 22 inches from the center of the hub to the bottom of the fender front and back so it did level it up. I used no other components except the OME medium duty springs and the 4600 series Bilstiens. I love that it feels better then factory but the only thing I might have done differently is gone with the heavy duty rear springs but I was afraid of the ride being too harsh. I would say it raised mine up to about 2 to 2.5 inches from where mine sat before the lift.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:00 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

GordnadoCRD wrote:
Which components of the KK suspension aren't interchangeable with the KJ?

I know some are, but I'm curious to know which aren't. Doesn't the KK share the same rear suspension with the Dodge Durango?

jsibs wrote:
I have not heard of any compatibility between KJ and KK. I have heard the Durango springs are a good substitute but I didn’t find the definitive forum to show a new pair of Durango springs getting installed.

The KJ rear springs are not compatible with the KK/KA.
Spring diameter is different and won't fit in the cup correctly.
I know this first hand because I did an install on another KA that accidentally received KJ rear springs.
I know some of you know, but for those who do not, the KA(Nitro) and KK(Liberty) are cross compatible for lift parts.

ESP Off Switch
Take a ride on the Trō side!