It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Seat covers
PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:26 am 
LOST Newbie

Anybody got pics of seat covers they like or dislike they put on their KK?

Post subject: Re: Seat covers
PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:20 pm 
LOST Member

Funny you should ask...

I bought a front/rear set for my '05 CRD in November.
Autoanything sale, selling Coverking's "best" neoprene covers @ $175×2, F/R ["normally" $250/per].

I bought the Black/Gray. The Coverkings come with nice rubber mesh anti-slip pads to reduce butt-slippage. Also, a goofy install kit (w/gloves & safety glasses, lmao).

They fit great, look great... but:
- I'm still working on the jeep so can't yet report on driving comfort nor durability.
- THEY SENT ME THE WRONG FRONT-UPPERS AND ARE CHARGING ME $50 TO SHIP THE CORRECT ONE-PIECE UPPERS! They sent the fronts for "removable headrests". I believe the '05's didn't even have that option so I'm po'd that they are charging me ANYTHING to correct THEIR mistake!

Moral:
1. Make absolutely sure that you are ordering the correct covers, paying particular attention to the headrest spec!
2. Open the boxes immediately upon receipt and visually confirm that you received the correct covers!

Although I was only 15 days past their 30-day "unconditional guarantee" (logistics) they wanted to reem me for $50/per side to ship the correct single-piece uppers. I (justifiably) raised hell and they agreed to $50/both. I can live with that.
UPDATE: Full set, installed:

Anti-slip butt-pads:

With Back Pockets(!):

These are thick neoprene, so the jeep is gonna' smell like a wetsuit factory for a spell...

NOTE: They didnt want my 2-piece front-uppers in exchange, so if anybody wants some sweet unused high-quality front seat covers for removable headrests but no bottoms (haha), $50 and their yours.

'19: Trans w/Suncoast/Transgo/HDdiscs, new OME CRD-rated lift, electric tri-fan setup, BlackMagics/Centric Premiums, Airbags.

Last edited by Gypsy62 on Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:34 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Seat covers
PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:25 pm 
LOST Newbie

Thanks for the nice write-up, regardless of who I order through - I will take your advice on checking the product right away...eating $50 doesn't sound great!

Gypsy62 wrote:
Funny you should ask...

I bought a front/rear set for my '05 CRD in November.
Autoanything sale, selling Coverking's "best" neoprene covers @ $175×2, F/R ["normally" $250/per].

I bought the Black/Gray. The Coverkings come with nice rubber mesh anti-slip pads to reduce butt-slippage. Also, a goofy install kit (w/gloves & safety glasses, lmao).

They fit great, look great... but:
- I'm still working on major system mods so can't yet report on driving comfort nor durability.
- THEY SENT ME THE WRONG FRONT-UPPERS AND ARE CHARGING ME $50 TO SHIP THE CORRECT ONE-PIECE UPPERS! They sent the fronts for "removable headrests", and, I believe, the '05's did NOT even have that option so I'm po'd that they are charging me ANYTHING to correct THEIR mistake!

Moral:
1. Make absolutely sure that you are ordering the correct covers, paying particular attention to the headrest spec!
2. Open the boxes immediately upon receipt and visually confirm that you received the correct covers!

I live in Baja, so between shipping time, pickup in US, the holidays, jeep-work, pulling the entire interior for pro cleaning pre cover-install... by the time I finally popped the boxes to install them and discovered they shipped the wrong front-uppers I was 15 days past their 30-day "unconditional guarantee".
Initially, they wanted to reem me for $50/per side to ship the correct single-piece uppers, but I (justifiably) raised hell and they agreed to $50/both. I can live with that.

NOTE: They didnt want my 2-piece front-uppers in exchange, so if anybody wants some sweet unused high-quality front seat covers for removable headrests but no bottoms (haha), $50 and their yours.