It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Botox the hell out of it
PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2020 5:39 pm 
LOST Newbie

Unless the stars align or I walk into the most unknowing car lot attendant, a new to me vehicle isn't in the cards for a year or two. So why not make a Liberty the recipient of some good botox injections?

OME springs and shocks/struts installed. It yielded about a 2.5 lift to the front and 1.5 lift to the rear; measuring from hub center to fender, +/- the 1/8 wiggle of the silver tab on a tape measure.

I also need some new tires and I'm looking at Bridgestone Revo 3s, any naysayers? I had the Gen 2 Revos on an old 94' single cab Yota and I don't remember any qualms. 245/75 sound good to me.

The big questions:

1) What is the possibility of an aftermarket stereo which will not lose functionality of the steering wheel controls? I am looking at a Pioneer, Sony, etc head with Apple CarPlay. Has this been done and what headaches await? I remember threads about the anti-theft system and the use of the steering wheel controls being the biggest issues. If I get a new stereo then I'm going to mildly upgrade the speakers too.

2) LSD - I am looking at a cheap LSD install and by cheap I mean I'll go pull a limited slip diff from a junkyard vic and have someone install it for me. I have looked at the torsen TruTrac from Detroit but I cannot justify the price. No I am not a "serious" wheeler but yes I do off road with the family. We don't wheel anything with a high probability of not driving home in the vehicle we drove out in but this doesn't mean we won't scare the crap out of the wife with a teeter over a ledge or mount a boulder or two. We just don't hit large boulder fields or deep mud holes at all. My spotters are 11 or 12 Yet for our level of knowledge we get it done. A limited slip diff is the best option for me. If an LSD will not get us through the obstacle then I shouldn't be there. And the Liberty is a daily driver.

3) Air compressor install? Anyone have a favorite place to slap in an air compressor?

I think a full front/rear bumper install is a little over my head with the lack of cost effective options. Thoughts?

Stay healthy out there and thank you for your time.