It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:20 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: CRANKSHAFT POSITION SENSOR A/performance. Trouble shoot
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2023 8:02 am 
LOST Newbie

Hey everyone!

I’m new to this forum and new to forums in general I always search but have never posted but I’m so stuck on this and don’t know how to go about my next step any help would be greatly appreciated thanks everyone!!!

I’ve got a 2008 CRD 2.8 130kw liberty kk and I was on the way home from the coffee shop drive thru I was accelerating up on around 80km at around 3000rpm my car shut off, lost all steering (power steering) and car just died. I have a scanner/digital dash that I plug into the OBD2 port I scanned it up and I got a crankshaft position sensor fault PO336 crankshaft position sensor circuit A/performance, I cleared the code and tried to re-start car wouldn’t restart and code kept coming back, I proceeded to order new sensor and installed the sensor, still cranking but no start up and same code kept coming back, I have good fuel pressure and no other codes.

I’ve inspected the engine for damage, no issues there it’s not broken a timing belt and all the basics are good. I have put a multimeter on the harness plug for the crankshaft sensor and have 5v to the power the ground is good and the signal
Wire has 5V (this I thought I had a rubbed through power and signal wire) but to my surprise these ecu actually send a 5V signal down to the crankshaft, camshaft and fuel pressure sensor as well as a constant 5v wire and a ground, this is new to me usually signal wires DONT have a 5v power reading.

I tried further diagnostics and removed the camshaft sensor and cranked the engine to look at the camshaft for damage, but when I disconnected it and cranked it to my surprise the was NO CODE FOR MY CAMSHAFT being disconnected and removed from the engine!

My question is can a faulty camshaft sensor trigger a Crankshaft sensor fault code ? I’m wondering if my next step is to change the camshaft sensor? As they do work hand in hand. And I am getting no faults for my camshaft sensor when it’s disconnected and unplugged!