It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Need help with traction control light
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:27 pm 
LOST Newbie

Hello everyone, hoping someone can point me in the right direction here, my wife's 2012 KK has had an issue with the traction control light for quite some time. Everything I find online seems to be for traction control AND ABS lights, but the ABS light is not coming on. The traction control light comes on pretty much every time she drives it, not right away, it happens after she has been driving for a little while and always comes on for the first time during braking, not every time she brakes, it might be the 5th time or the 10th time, once it comes on it stays on until she turns the car off. The brake lights also stay on once the light is on. I tired to go to advance auto parts to see if they could find any codes but their readers only do CELs. I am working two jobs and trying to remodel my basement that flooded last month, so time and money are both very limited.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Post subject: Re: Need help with traction control light
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2023 9:17 am 
LOST Newbie

Can't tell you the solution, but mine does the same thing. The 2012 seems to have some electronic issues that deify logic. In your case, I'd suspect a relay is hanging up.

I periodically get the ABS, traction control and 4wd servo lights at the same time while driving, then they also go away all by themselves. Usually when it happens I can't go into 4wd, but sometimes it will shift into 4wd Low. Codes say wheel speed sensor, but if that was true, it would not clear itself.

Post subject: Re: Need help with traction control light
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2023 1:26 pm 
LOST Newbie

jwilkinson01 wrote:
Hello everyone, hoping someone can point me in the right direction here, my wife's 2012 KK has had an issue with the traction control light for quite some time. Everything I find online seems to be for traction control AND ABS lights, but the ABS light is not coming on. The traction control light comes on pretty much every time she drives it, not right away, it happens after she has been driving for a little while and always comes on for the first time during braking, not every time she brakes, it might be the 5th time or the 10th time, once it comes on it stays on until she turns the car off. The brake lights also stay on once the light is on. I tired to go to advance auto parts to see if they could find any codes but their readers only do CELs. I am working two jobs and trying to remodel my basement that flooded last month, so time and money are both very limited.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

It happens the same way with mine. Then I realize that when it happened my right rear brake was locked, and when I stopped the car was smelling a lot like burned.
Few hours later when turn on the car again, the 3 lights was still on. But the brakes have unlocked and when started driving, the lights turned off.
So I think that this problem has something about the brakes malfunction for a while. Don't have answers for now, but started to investigate.