It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:17 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Jeep Liberty 2008 Sky Slider
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2023 10:32 am 
LOST Newbie

Hi there everyone
I have a 2008 Jeep Liberty with a Sky slider fitted from new. Through the years I have experienced wind noise and leaks with this thing and eventually had wind deflector fitted which made a huge difference however it stopped working a little while ago and I am guessing it is due to rain water getting in. I now want to have a look at the connections and motors to see what the problem is because it doesn't open from the front nor the back. Can anyone advise me as to how to go about checking what the problem is without having to strip the entire car down :roll:
Thanks for any advice before hand
Peter V

Post subject: Re: Jeep Liberty 2008 Sky Slider
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2023 8:29 am 
LOST Newbie

When you say it stopped working, do you mean the sky slider’s motor stopped working? Or is it working, but just isn’t pulling the roof back or forward?

The sky slider roof on the KK Liberties is one of their most notorious failure points; it’s practically inevitable that the sky slider WILL fail at some point. From what I’ve heard, there isn’t much resolution to sky slider problems aside from just replacing the entire assembly.

To make matters worse, the company that originally manufactured the OEM parts has been gone for many years now, so you can no longer order OEM replacement sky slider components from Mopar.

Most people with failed sky slider roofs end up permanently sealing the roof, or custom fabricating a solid roof and fitting it in place of the fabric roof.

Sorry to break the bad news. But if you can confirm your sky slider’s motor is still working, and you in the US Northeast (or are willing to head out that far to fix your sky slider), I know a guy on Long Island, NY, who helped fix my sky slider roof when it had problems.