It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Tried Adding SWC, hit a snag
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2023 6:33 pm 
LOST Newbie

So I have a 2011 Liberty Sport with the later model Steering Wheel. It's one of the more base-lines, but I've wanted some SWC (Steering Wheel Controls) for when I take longer drives. So I found a matching Wheel from a Patriot and pulled the trigger.

Yesterday I did the installation, and everything seemed to go smoothly. Front facing buttons were all working as normal, and now I have a new (to me) leather wrapped wheel rather than the plastic shell.

Except... the Radio buttons don't work.

For context, I have an aftermarket radio from BOSS. Already confirmed the harness adaptor lacks the SWC hookup to the radio. But just to make the buttons did work, I unplugged the harness and plugged in the factory radio. The controls still wouldn't work, even with the factory radio.

What am I missing here? I was hoping this would be plug and play, and everything else seems to be working? Could the stock factory radio not support SWC? Or is there a connector I'm missing? I tried finding wiring diagrams, but everything i find seems to imply the controls just go through the CAN-BUS.

Any help appreciated folks. Please and thank you.

Post subject: Re: Tried Adding SWC, hit a snag
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:52 am 
LOST Member

If I remember from when I did the same thing, you need a dealer tool or equivalent to turn the feature on. Not sure if the app parscan is still a thing but it should be able to do it.

Numerous junkyard upgrades