It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:11 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Floor Mats
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 12:36 pm 
LOST Newbie

I need help making my floor mat selection. I have several dogs I haul in my liberty and they leave tons of hair that's nearly impossible to keep off. So, I'm wanting to get vinyl floor mats to cover my interier. I noticed Husky has the slush style floor mats for the front. It looks like it almost covers all the carpet in the front. Does anyone use the Husky liners? My fear is with age those liners are going to roll over and curl.

Any other recommendations?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 12:45 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I got some husky-type mats from Sears awhile ago for like $15. They've been in my jeep for nearly 2 years at this point with no curling or anything.

Are you talking about floor mats for your feet or a cargo mat to cover the back area? Reason I ask is that I have a big dog that can get really sheddy during season change. The carpets and seats suck the fur in like a sponge and it's damned hard to get out. I'd sooner invest is seat covers or cargo liners than floor mats if you want to battle dog-fur

[]--------[] ---2.5" BDS lift, 245/75/16 MT/Rs, Moab Rims, Locked and Regeared!
[]_____[] ---The list got to long, go to my web site for more!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 12:55 pm 
LOST Newbie

I'm actually wanting the front mats and rear mats. I will be getting seat covers also. I really like the neoprene seat covers. What do you use?

Also, I noticed your from Scranton. My husband and I are going to be moving from Mississippi to Berwick in the next few months.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 1:02 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Berwick isn't Close, but it's not far either. It's in the neighborhood. Shoot me a PM when you guys get up here.

I'm not sure what my seat covers are called. My wife got them for me as last years b-day present. She got them at Pep-Boys for $14.99 each is all I know.

They are tan to match my interior and have carbo pockets all over the place. They are the same material as a pair of cargo pants. They aren't all that stain resistant, but they keep the stains off the seats and wash out clean enough in our washing machine.

I never really has hair issues on the floor, but the cargo area and back seat were always a mess after a ride with Cocoa.

[]--------[] ---2.5" BDS lift, 245/75/16 MT/Rs, Moab Rims, Locked and Regeared!
[]_____[] ---The list got to long, go to my web site for more!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 1:08 pm 
LOST Newbie

Thank you for all your help. We're hoping to be in Berwick by the end of September. We'll see :-)

We have 5 dogs so my whole Jeep is covered. Since my jeep is my other baby I'm really needing to get this under control.

:-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 4:09 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Wow, 5 dogs in the libby!?!?! That must be CRAZY!! The husky mats seem to be good. I have the highlands but they do not fit the best in the world. The weather-tech's seem to fit the best, but they are a fabric/carpet mat. The mopar seat covers would be your best bet. You can get them from Jparts.com at a better price than anywhere else. I have the wet okole's, but just the front cost as much or more than a complete set of mopars(around $300 I think). Good luck with all that hair! I think a shop-vac would also be a good thing to get! :D

-Atlantic Blue
-Air Ride Rear Suspension ; OME/Rustys Lift ; Powertrax Locker ; Moog Lower Ball-Joints ; 245/70/16 Yokohama Geolander A/T-S's on MOABS ; Flowmaster 50 SUV
Lost #007082
http://www.cardomain.com/id/jeepjeepster

Last edited by Jeepjeepster on Sat Aug 05, 2006 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 4:30 pm 
LOST Newbie

Yep, 5 dogs. I have a lab/shep mix, 2 shelties, beagle and a poodle. You should see us when we travel. All the furkids always go with us :-) Needless to say I'm using the shop vac a whole lot. It really doesn't do that much good either. I'll check out that site for the seat covers. I need those also.

I'm also looking for a way to lay the rear seat flat. I was thinking about unbolting the rear seat and taking it out altogether but I'm afraid I won't be able to get it back in. Any ideas on that one?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 4:48 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Im sure you could get it back in. The only thing is, they still would have a very good place to lay. It would just be a big void in the floor. Idk what year kj you have, but in 05 or maybe 06, they redid the rear seats so they would fold flatter. All they did was take some padding out of the bottoms making them not as comfy. Not sure how me telling you this helps you, but I did. :D

If you REALLY wanted a good flat spot, you could take the seat out and build a platform out of plywood for them.

-Atlantic Blue
-Air Ride Rear Suspension ; OME/Rustys Lift ; Powertrax Locker ; Moog Lower Ball-Joints ; 245/70/16 Yokohama Geolander A/T-S's on MOABS ; Flowmaster 50 SUV
Lost #007082

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 8:21 pm 
LOST Newbie

We just purchased the Husky for the front and the Highlander for the rear. Have kids and they can be as messy as dogs. Went with the Husky up front so they dont slide around. They fit pretty well. We dont have any problems with them curling up. (I have a set in our TJ, and they curl up a bit, but that's caused by sliding the front seats forward the let the kids out. If it was not for that, they would be fine.)

The reason for the Highlander was that it covered over the center hump and more of the carptet is covered. Since this is where the kids are going to be sitting.

As far as car seats, we went with the Mopar's. Our little one had an accident within a week of purchasing our KJ. I L.O.S.T. it, could not believe he had an accident, since we just asked him before we were left the house about 15 minutes earlier. Luckly we had a towel on the seat an it did not stain like other KJs. And for him, there were to many cars on the road as witnesses. But, accidents do happen. So, the seat cover order went in that night. Very happy with them, but we still have some towels on them since the neoprem gets hot and sticky.

So, we would highly recommend the seatcovers, and the floor liners. Now all we have to do is order the cargo area next for us.

-Sunroof, Tow Package, 235/70R16 Wrangler Silent Armor
-Mopar: tow hooks, rock rails, skids, roof basket, seat covers, compartment partition
L.O.S.T. #062602

His:
2005 X Wrangler - Stock - Electric Lime Green

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 4:20 am 
Coal Country Wheelin
Coal Country Wheelin

Quote:
The reason for the Highlander was that it covered over the center hump and more of the carptet is covered.

Just so no one else has confusion reading this the husky liners for the rear passenger area do cover the floor including the center "hump"

2005 Sport with "STUFF"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 7:37 am 
LOST Newbie

I just purchased the Weathertech ones
http://www.weathertech.com/store/vehsearch.asp?item_group_id=52&make_id=27&year_no=2003&veh_id=709&veh_opt_choice_id=0
because they now make the rears in the liner design also. It is similar to the Husky, but it is all one piece where the Husky is two mats and the left passenger goes over the center and then tucks under the right. We really like them. We went with the Jeep liner for the 'trunk' though.

'03 KJ Limited

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 11:19 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

k21975 wrote:
I just purchased the Weathertech ones
http://www.weathertech.com/store/vehsearch.asp?item_group_id=52&make_id=27&year_no=2003&veh_id=709&veh_opt_choice_id=0
because they now make the rears in the liner design also. It is similar to the Husky, but it is all one piece where the Husky is two mats and the left passenger goes over the center and then tucks under the right. We really like them. We went with the Jeep liner for the 'trunk' though.

$90!?!?! My gosh, they look like they fit really good, but $90!! :shock:

-Atlantic Blue
Lost #007082

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 2:04 pm 
LOST Newbie

Only $150 for the whole set, front and rear. They fit like a champ and are clean up real easy. So far they are well worth the money. I can't wait till winter to see how they hold up to snow and crap. I have some pics that I took today that I'll try and get up soon.

'03 KJ Limited

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 11:23 pm 
LOST Member

I would recommend the Husky's, atleast for the front. I just bought front ones, and they fit great. Yes, they are expensive, $110 in Canada, but I had a pair in my last two Chev Trucks, and they are great. Easy to clean, are custom fit to your rig and they keep the dirt, water, etc. away from your carpet. The original message was long ago, but just a heads up for anyone currently looking for mats.