It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:25 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Questions from a new guy
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 6:23 pm 
LOST Newbie

Quick Question if you don't mind..

I just picked up a pre-owned 2003 Liberty, and the previous owner had attached one of those wind deflectors on the front hood. Of course, it has the 4 sticky pads attached to the hood... I'm wondering what the best way to remove those round pads from the hood would be while causing the least amount of damage...

Thanks in advance for the responses.

(before you ask, it appears the wind deflector has been on since 2003)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 7:02 pm 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

heat gun should do it & WELCOME to the family :D

04 COLUMBIA ED. & 04 SPORT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 8:49 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Heat gun and some fishing string.. Pull the string under the dots after you heat it up.. :wink:

Use some alcohol to remove any sticky stuff after getting them off.

-Atlantic Blue
-Air Ride Rear Suspension ; OME/Rustys Lift ; Powertrax Locker ; Moog Lower Ball-Joints ; 245/70/16 Yokohama Geolander A/T-S's on MOABS ; Flowmaster 50 SUV
Lost #007082
http://www.cardomain.com/id/jeepjeepster

Last edited by Jeepjeepster on Thu Nov 23, 2006 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Thanks for the advice and welcome.
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 8:36 am 
LOST Newbie

Thanks for the input! This is the first time I've owned a Jeep vehicle, and I absolutely love it. I originally picked it up b/c it was my cousins company fleet vehicle, and he drove it for the past three years and I know he takes care of his vehicles... Well, that and picking it up at a little below wholesale value... :)

The original plan was to drive this vehicle for about a year until I could get a new vehicle, but at the moment I'm thinking that 1) I'll keep it until it dies, or 2) but a new Liberty!

Here's a question though... why do people put on the wind deflectors, to me they look horrible.. but to each his own eh.

Once again, thanks for the input and the welcome!

Post subject: Re: Thanks for the advice and welcome.
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 11:22 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Jholmes wrote:
Thanks for the input! This is the first time I've owned a Jeep vehicle, and I absolutely love it. I originally picked it up b/c it was my cousins company fleet vehicle, and he drove it for the past three years and I know he takes care of his vehicles... Well, that and picking it up at a little below wholesale value... :)

The original plan was to drive this vehicle for about a year until I could get a new vehicle, but at the moment I'm thinking that 1) I'll keep it until it dies, or 2) but a new Liberty!

Here's a question though... why do people put on the wind deflectors, to me they look horrible.. but to each his own eh.

Once again, thanks for the input and the welcome!

yea, thats just something some people like. It supposed to cause bugs to fly up and over the windshield.. It does have a pupose. :wink:

-Atlantic Blue
-Air Ride Rear Suspension ; OME/Rustys Lift ; Powertrax Locker ; Moog Lower Ball-Joints ; 245/70/16 Yokohama Geolander A/T-S's on MOABS ; Flowmaster 50 SUV
Lost #007082
http://www.cardomain.com/id/jeepjeepster