It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:52 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Help! Hard water marks!!
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 12:26 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I know I should have cleaned the Jeep sooner, but I didn't until yesterday and well I have some major hard water marks that wont wash or buff out :x . I went online to find something to take them off and I found that if you buy distilled white vinegar it is supposed to take them off. Has anyone done this? Anyone done anything else to take them out? Thanks

~Bethany

Ipod in the dash receiver... never have to listen to radio again!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 3:24 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

What were you using to try and buff them off? Water spots usually mean the clear coat as been etched.. Which means youve got to remove some of the clear around that area to get the spot to go away. Meguiars scratch-x is a very good and safe way to do this. You must work it in very well by hand(or A porter cable buffer) a few times to get the best results. :wink:

-Atlantic Blue
-Air Ride Rear Suspension ; OME/Rustys Lift ; Powertrax Locker ; Moog Lower Ball-Joints ; 245/70/16 Yokohama Geolander A/T-S's on MOABS ; Flowmaster 50 SUV
Lost #007082
http://www.cardomain.com/id/jeepjeepster

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 3:50 am 
LOST Newbie

I had some water spots and I used meguiers carnuba yellow wax on them and they came out, used just small white terry towels and make sure to keep enough wax on the tip you are using to wax on with, it takes some elbow grease but they come out, and I ended up using the wax on the rear window to get the water spots out, because I tried white vinager, rain x, and even mild clothing detergant and none of these would take them out, I dont recomend using a buffer because you might need a little more control on these water spots than just a broad pad width

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:51 pm 
LOST Newbie

It's probably too late for this but I found a product a few days ago called A-1 Hard Water Spot Stain Remover and I tested it on my old, dull and dirty '87 blazer... this thing is awesome! it not only took off the old waterspots with ease, it also got rid of the oxidation and built up dirt decades old! The kind of nasty stuff you have to go over 5 times with other stuff. The finish was not a high glossy one but i could see a nice refection of my face. I'm sure after a coat of wax, it'll look like a new paint job.

I kinda gave up on cleaning my blazer because it was too tiring to deoxidize, but now I'm on a mission to revive it to it's original splendor! Well, as much as possible given the current condition it's in...a little rust here and there. Oh, it also claims to do a lot of other surfaces which is a plus and it's "nontoxic, water based and biodegradable." I still have to test it some more. But I can't wait to try it on the KJ since I also was too late in washing and waxing my KJ. I have tiny waterspots all over the glass, hood, roof and fenders.

check it out. I got for $10 at a local store but I see it's like $15 online.
http://www.envirosafe2000.com/water-spot-stain-remover.html[/url]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 4:02 am 
I live here
I live here

After the fact but it seems cheaper to use the spot free rinse at the car wash than to have to go buy all that stuff. Even if you handwash the KJ, immediately run over to the car wash and spot-free rinse.

Water must be really hard in Arizona.

2004 Renegade Light Khaki - 4" JBA Lift - Rock Lizard Products: Komodo Dragon Rear Bumper, Prototype Winch-mount Front Bumper, Super Skink Sliders - All J's Super Tranny Skid II - 31" Firestone Destination AT's on Moab wheels - Cobra 75W CB w/ stock Antenna mod

[b]Retired, US Military