It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Product Review: ICE synthetic polish by turtle wax
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 7:00 pm 
LOST Addict

Well I bought this stuff to hopefully get away with not having to wax the KJ. I usually do the 3 step mothers system which is a PITA but gives great results.

This product claims a brilliant high gloss shine; no white residue on plastic surfaces; and can be applied in direct sunlight.

The product is a clear liquid and gets applied via a little sponge, you squirt a little on the sponge and apply to the paint. I put it all over the KJ including the grey trim. It says to wait 3-5 mintues for it to dry to a haze. I waited 20 minutes..no haze. When this stuff gets on your fingers it has the same feel as armor all or other tire shines. The hood was still wet so I started on the other areas, wiping it down then buffing to a shine with a microfiber towel. It seemed to be working pretty good and leaving a good shine. The body moldings and bumpers got a good dark shine to them.

Then I went to the hood and tried wiping that off. All it did was smear and leave nasty oily streaks. I figured I applied too much, so I washed the hood again, let it dry and applied a smaller amount to the hood. Let it dry then tried wiping it off again....NASTY OILY SMEARS!!!! for some reason only on the hood.

overall:
The good: easy application....no white mess on plastic....shines plastic...leaves paint smooth

The bad: why wont it work on the hood...oily...just like armor all

The ???: how long does it last???? does it protect as good as wax???

Recomendation: NO!!! maybe as a quick shine between waxings, but do the job right and wax the KJ, it will thank you for it :lol:

Price: 14.99 from AutoZone (included applicator and microfiber towel)

ps...i'm keeping the microfiber towel when I return the product 8)

L.O.S.T. #225019
2003 Sport 4x4
Patriot Blue w/ trail rash
Flex-Zilla 4" Lift
TrailRash hi-lift mounts
Other stuff you wish you had :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 11:24 pm 
LOST Newbie

I use it on the wifes Volvo with no problems, I have not tried it on my Liberty yet. Seems to last a while, works good for me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 1:50 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Ive read many reviews on this stuff and Ive heard it doest last to long.

Idk why it wouldnt work on your hood.. Ive always heard its easy on and off.

I use Meguiars Quick Clay system, Meguiars DC 1 paint cleaner, Meguiars #7 polish and Meguiars NXT wax topped with Meguiars #26 wax.

Ohh, and Meguiars Gold Class soap..

Did I say I used Meguiars products?
:lol:

-Atlantic Blue
-Air Ride Rear Suspension ; OME/Rustys Lift ; Powertrax Locker ; Moog Lower Ball-Joints ; 245/70/16 Yokohama Geolander A/T-S's on MOABS ; Flowmaster 50 SUV
Lost #007082
http://www.cardomain.com/id/jeepjeepster

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 2:05 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Jeepjeepster wrote:
I use Meguiars Quick Clay system, Meguiars DC 1 paint cleaner, Meguiars #7 polish and Meguiars NXT wax topped with Meguiars #26 wax.

Ohh, and Meguiars Gold Class soap..

Did I say I used Meguiars products?
:lol:

Must own stock in McGuiars :D :D :D

Terry

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 3:36 pm 
LOST Junkie

Ive had nothing but good luck with this with my Jeep and Audi. I love it, and it makes a really tough barrier for those nasty rocks, scrapes, etc etc. Makes the audi look like a million bucks, and it only started losing shine after about 5 months....so, I like it a lot.

PS Never, ever use water with it. You must keep it completely dry when doing it, and never try to "wash" it off like you did. This stuff works best with a very, very light coat. Wait however long it takes to completely dry or "haze" and then buff it off. It will look great, trust me. The whole "5 minute haze" claim was for the people doing this in hot sunlight, not shade or moderatly cool temps.

EVIC installed, iPod wired, Hella 500's and Grilles
Mopar Bike Rack, Mopar Roof Rack, Black Widow Roof Basket w/ air deflector
Draw-Tite Hitch, Front Tint, Debadged on sides and front

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:42 pm 
LOST Newbie

I posted this on another place.. but it applies so why not.. works INCREDIBLE on a ten year old car..

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v711/ ... tedsig.jpg

And thats 10 year old paint

Trust me.. Get a TON of microfiber cloths.. Youll use the hell out of them.. While you are there grab a 20 dollar random orbital buffer, makes the polish step MUCH easier and quicker...

I use the following products:
Meguires Shampoo
Meguires claybar
Step 1 Meguires cleaner wax
Step 2 Meguires Polish
Meguires NXT paste wax

1. Get Meguires shampoo and a nice soft wash mit.. Wash your car, make sure you get as much of the dirt and grime off as you can.

2. - Use claybar on ALL surfaces.. I love this stuff, gets specks of paint, tar, ANYTHING off the paint. LUBE LUBE LUBE

3. Use 1 microfiber cloth to RUB in the cleaner wax and another to wipe it off. Maybe even have 1 just for the final wipe of each spot... Your arm is going to get tired, but after the first spot of using the cleaner wax youll be sold and get excited... Trust me. that stuff kicks @$#%. Even after the claybar.. it clears up Oxidation better than anything else I have used (I have tried it all)

4. After the whole car is done, you get step 2 polish. The polish is kinda like a lotion for your paint. Rub it in again with a new cloth, wipe with ANOTher cloth, and maybe another for the final wipe. If your cloth touches the ground, trash it and get a new one. Theyre cheap, and if you rub with ANY dirt on it, you will scratch your paint and defeat the purpose. So do the polish, it will look really good and youll be tired but you CANT STOP. The polish looks waxed but it is not. It is not a good sealer and even if you wait to wax for a day or 2 youll HATE the results. Push past the pain and get the wax.

5. You can use the step 3 wax or like others said use another brand. Most high cost carnuba waxes will work well. Meguires gold class is a good one as well.. Use the buffer to apply the wax, Make sure you have enough bonnets to apply and buff. Remember, dont skimp on rags, using an old, worn out rag with lots of chemical on it will not allow for a clean application. Get the wax on there wait for a bit and buff the HELL out of it.. Remember, dont apply wax to a hot car or in the sun. Most people like to wash the car in the sun, the heated metal will not allow the chemicals to wipe as clean. Once you buffed the hell out of the car, go back with a nice clean cloth and cleanup edges, by the wheel, etc.. Do the Wheels, then tires, and lastly, the glass... My car is ten years old, but people ask all the time, is that an 04 or 05?? lol. They dont belive it when I tell them its ten years old.. I do this process about 3 to 5 months, sometimes more.. Clean the car often after you wax, its the best thing you can do.. 6 bucks to drive through a spray only wash will do wonders.

What ever you do, DONT go to a do it yourself type wash. Those brushes are NOT low touch no matter what they say and you will scratch the wax and the surface. Maintain the wax with a nice wash and the Meguires mist detailer. Youll love it, clean car, easy to maintain.. Enjoy!

Post subject: ICE ROCKS
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:41 pm 
LOST Newbie

i have used ICE since my 2nd wax... i found carefully waxing around all the gray plastic to be more time consuming than anything else involved.
i have ICEd my Liberty 3 times since, though i haven't experienced a lack of gloss or bead. Father-in-law used one time and became an instant convert. people ask me all the time how new my Lib is and say it looks dealer detailed. i even use T.W. ICE on the underhood plastic. call me a fanatic. i am stocking up in case production of this fantastic product ever ceases.