It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:25 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Nu-Finish Delivers
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:12 pm 
LOST Member

Bought my 2002 Liberty a few months ago from my buddy. He always swore by Nu-Finish to wax/polish the Jeep. He found it was the only product that lasted and looked as good. He was an old detailer, and found this product better than the leading brands, such as Mother's, Meguiars, etc. The water just beaded off the Jeep for months. Anyway, I did it yesterday with Nu-Finish, and it does a great job. Easy to put on and easy to take off, for superior protection, and it's not even technically a wax. Anybody have any success stories with this product in the "orange" bottle?? I am quite happy with it's performance.

Infinity Sound System/6-Disc CD Changer
Class 4 Trailer Hitch
Husky Front/Rear Liner Mats
Husky Rear Cargo Liner

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:08 pm 
LOST Member

I guess it depends on what you are comparing it to. If you are comparing it to Meguiars cleaner wax or a caranuaba wax, then it is going to last way way longer.

I don't like the way it looks on my KJ, but my KJ is black. I used it on an old black toyota corolla and I didnt like it on black then either. I used it on my last 2 white cars and I was completely happy with it.

If you like it, stick with it. If you want something equal to compare it to, go with a synthetic wax like Meguiars NXT tech wax or Mother's synwax.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 12:21 am 
LOST Newbie

What didn't you like about it crimsonfox? I've always used Turtlewax Hardshell (pretty cheap but works) but am currently trying Nu-Finish. So far, I've found it to look pretty good on my silver KJ, which probably hides alot more than black, but I'm lazy and am only doing parts of the Jeep at a time.

EDIT: If Nu-Finish isn't a wax, what is it? I put it on over wax, should that be ok?

It's still running...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 1:27 am 
LOST Member

Nu-finish says it is a polish on the bottle, but really it is a synthetic wax.

With the white, it shimmered and it looked good and freshly waxed. KJ looks the same after a coat of nu-finish. It looks like I didn't do crap to the car. I like that wet look on black and I just dont get it with the nu-finish.

Putting nu finish over a wax should be fine. Then it basically becomes a sealer wax, just more protection for the paint.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 1:43 am 
LOST Newbie

I like the wet look too :) , but I have a Jeep now; protection for the paint is my main objective. Have you tried that Nano-wax? I was "this" close to getting it, I had it in my hands; pricey, but I've heard good reviews.

It's still running...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 8:55 pm 
LOST Member

I havent tried the nano wax. I still have a bottle of spray wax that I use after washes. Once that is gone, I might try the Nano wax.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 11:07 pm 
JEEPZILLIA
JEEPZILLIA

I used to use 3 products in stages when detailing my jeeps.
when doing a real good job (ALL DAY), I used to scrub the clear coat with the liquid called EBONY and then would use Mothers color match and then Vision by 3m for the High shine polish. put them all on with a buffer and take them off with a buffer.
My jeeps used to SHINE LIKE NEW. even after 4wheeling.
I would have water bead up into MILLIONS of tiny drops. most of them would just fall off streak free. If you put any cloth on the hood, and it would not stay on.

The only problem is that I can no longer find 2 of the 3 products any more.
EBONY and VISION polish.

Moabs and plenty of pin striping
Flexable people don't get bent out of shape!
Current MPG 6" to a gallon
L.O.S.T. # BL065211
www.ItAtYourHome.com