It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:36 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: looking for a good remote pressure feed system for hvlp sys
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 1:48 am 
LOST Member

Well thats what im looking for. Something around 2qts that is able to be regulated on the unit itself not at the hose. I just spent $600 Dollars on a good graco gun kit so id like to stay under about 200 for the pot. Any ideas would be great.

coming soon: Corbeau Moab seats, JBA 6"lift

Post subject: Re: looking for a good remote pressure feed system for hvlp
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:13 am 
LOST Addict

C co Crusader 2/127 wrote:
Well thats what im looking for. Something around 2qts that is able to be regulated on the unit itself not at the hose. I just spent $600 Dollars on a good graco gun kit so id like to stay under about 200 for the pot. Any ideas would be great.

Check out C.A.Technologys, they are based in Boulder Colorado and are mostly X-Binks Mfg. employees who started the comapny when Binks pulled out of Denver year ago and decided to come out with a competitive product. I used to sell Graco products for years, but only sold the turbine unit Graco's C.A.T. made a great product and can me rather competitve against. The Old Binks, DeVillbis, and Sata HVLP guns a real great product. If you need anymore info PM me and I'll send some links if you can't find them. 8) 8)
David

PIAA head light bulbs, Fog Light switched out to SilverStar 9005's
MagnaFlo Muffler, New Radiator, Rebuilt A/C system,Rebuilt Rear Diff, LBJ's twice
Dunlop 245/70-16 Rover AT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:24 am 
LOST Member

send whatever info you can give me. I was looking at a devillbis pot but the dam this is about 800 bucks. An judging on the quality of the ones we have at work im not to sure if id be willing to spend that much. An im also looking for something that reall doesnt need to go much farther than about 10 feet from the pot/container. Most of the stuff i come across is designed for about 20 feet or more. Im almost positive that the pressure spike in the lines would be horrible due to the lack of length in the hoses i want to use. so yeah tell me what ya know. Oh yeah the graco i got is an fx series so something that would work well with that would be awsome. I only have a .8 and 1mm tip thus far but im told(same guns i use at work) that i dont have to do anything besides change a few internal components to get up to 1.8mm. True?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:33 am 
LOST Member

im leaning twords something like the cat bandit. I wouldnt say im lazy but i hate trying to screw with a cup when it or you arecovered in paint and wont open. An i want to go with the remote system because i hate painting and trying to hold the gun so that you get decent paint flow. An i tried and on-gun pressure cup but i hate the wieght and they never work as well as there suppose to. What about one of the airless systems graco has? are they anyehere near the same quality for painting a class a surface?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:38 am 
LOST Addict

C co Crusader 2/127 wrote:
im leaning twords something like the cat bandit. I wouldnt say im lazy but i hate trying to screw with a cup when it or you arecovered in paint and wont open. An i want to go with the remote system because i hate painting and trying to hold the gun so that you get decent paint flow. An i tried and on-gun pressure cup but i hate the wieght and they never work as well as there suppose to. What about one of the airless systems graco has? are they anyehere near the same quality for painting a class a surface?

That's why I always liked a 2 quart remote cup. When I paint a couple of cars I hated stopping and refilling half way thru. I really hate gravity feed guns but thats just my treat. I learned to paint spraying tractor trailers first. :D

PIAA head light bulbs, Fog Light switched out to SilverStar 9005's
MagnaFlo Muffler, New Radiator, Rebuilt A/C system,Rebuilt Rear Diff, LBJ's twice
Dunlop 245/70-16 Rover AT