It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:04 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Teaser: Developing a new wax
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:20 pm 
LOST Member

Good Afternoon Gents,

If you haven't caught the hint. I'm in the process of creating my own automotive wax. I've ran a few batches and things have turned out excellent. I'm using over 50% carnauba per container from the Brazilian palm tree Copernicia prunifera. Compare that to other waxes, 50% carnauba! It's about time you get the good stuff! I've selected a supplier that I trust, and am pleased with the quality assurance system they have in place.

Be on the heads up around January for the finished product.

After I presoaked and ONR'd my 4"x4" test panel. I applied the wax. Let me tell you, it's not a cool color, it doesn't smell like bubblegum but; it created a amazing depth and was very slick to the touch. Unlike other waxes it doesn't haze up white when you apply it. It's applies clear with a distinct coating. I was very impressed with the wax, I haven't used another that left as wet a finish.

I'll be giving out 5oz. samples to reputable detailers. PM me if you're interested and stay tuned!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:33 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

By all means keep us updated! I wouldn't care if it's ugly and stinks! :D

Terry

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:28 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I would love to give some a try. I picked up a bottle of the new Meguiars NXT 2.0 the other day and Ive been trying to give it a try since it says it lasts twice as long.

If it doesnt haze then what does it do? Just turn clear when it dries?

When a wax hazes that means it has bonded to the paint and what you remove(the haze) is wax that didnt bond(applied to much). If your wax doesnt haze then whats going on?

-Atlantic Blue
-Air Ride Rear Suspension ; OME/Rustys Lift ; Powertrax Locker ; Moog Lower Ball-Joints ; 245/70/16 Yokohama Geolander A/T-S's on MOABS ; Flowmaster 50 SUV
Lost #007082
http://www.cardomain.com/id/jeepjeepster

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:04 pm 
LOST Member

Jeepjeepster wrote:
I would love to give some a try. I picked up a bottle of the new Meguiars NXT 2.0 the other day and Ive been trying to give it a try since it says it lasts twice as long.

If it doesnt haze then what does it do? Just turn clear when it dries?

When a wax hazes that means it has bonded to the paint and what you remove(the haze) is wax that didnt bond(applied to much). If your wax doesnt haze then whats going on?

A wax doesn't have to haze, the amount of carnauba keeps it clear. You can clearly see where it is, but it's not white like the OTC waxes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 4:07 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

When do you reckon you will be ready to send some out?

I found out the other day that Megs #26 doesnt haze either. Ive used it before and didnt even notice it. :?

Have you tried the NXT2.0 yet? I picked some up a couple of weeks ago and tried it this past week. Seems to be an amazing product so far.

-Atlantic Blue
-Air Ride Rear Suspension ; OME/Rustys Lift ; Powertrax Locker ; Moog Lower Ball-Joints ; 245/70/16 Yokohama Geolander A/T-S's on MOABS ; Flowmaster 50 SUV
Lost #007082
http://www.cardomain.com/id/jeepjeepster

Post subject: I 've been a Mcguires fan for years.
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 5:03 am 
LOST Addict

But alway open to new idea and support a LOST member I would love to give you product a try, since Colorado has a little harsher climate as to UV from being a mile high city I think. I would make for a excellant guenie pig also being a older Liberty it would also see how it helps an older weatherd finish. I await to give it a try.
Thank-You

PIAA head light bulbs, Fog Light switched out to SilverStar 9005's
MagnaFlo Muffler, New Radiator, Rebuilt A/C system,Rebuilt Rear Diff, LBJ's twice
Dunlop 245/70-16 Rover AT