It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:14 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: A couple of tips
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 4:10 pm 
LOST Member

Used over on my 7 series site for cleaning and detailing
1. babywipes. Honest god's gift to the car detailer, you name the stain it takes it off from brake dust burned into alloys to stains on cloth, Amazing on dirty engine's simply amazing, don't buy the expensive ones with moisturiser just the cheapies, plus after use one to clean your own hands and VOILA, Job done.

2. An old shoe shine sponge, spray on wet look tire shine and wipe over the plastic parts externally as well as the black donut'smakes the bottle last ten times longer gives the same result plus doesn't get overspray on the painted bits.

Enjoy :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 4:54 pm 
LOST Member

I use black magic tire foam, spray it on decently, let it work in, then rub it over with a damp sponge. Works great every time and doesn't allow anything to spray up and hit my paint.

-LOST #005816
-2003 KJ Sport
-3.7L V6
-235/70/16 Bridgestone Dueler A/T REVO'S
-Factory Fogs
-Sunroof
-Custom Mounted Mag Lite
-Jeep Stainless Steel Coffee Mug
-Autozone Rubber Floor Mats

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 2:53 pm 
LOST Addict

great tips!

Tip for waxing: After you rub off the wax and are left with the wax dust. Take a clean towel that is slightly damp and use that to pick up the dust.

Tip for detailing: use tire shine inside the wheel wells to clean out dirt and road gunk (Don't know if this one applies to us, but I thought I would add it in)

Tip for carpet cleaning: Use a stiff horse hair / shoe brush to get packed dirt, road salt loose. Then use a vacuum to suck it up.

That is all that I got....

USA Spec I-Pod adaptor, Mopar Sub, Garmin GPS
Tow Package, Select-Trac
Rock Rails, Tow Hooks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 3:23 pm 
LOST Member

Back at yah on the wax dust, with Zymol they suggest that you keep a spray misting bottle (with demin water if you live in a hard water area) after you polish off the car just spray a very litght mist of water on the panel and use a fresh cloth to polish it out. Net result it "sets" the polish rock hard removes the sometimes greasy swirls and removes any powder too!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 6:00 pm 
LOST Member

Just to add my two cents, it's worth investing in a Little Green Machine for interior cleaning. I have one and it works phenominal! Brings floor mats back to original look (no matter how dirty) and works well with fabric seats. Plus gives sort of brings back the new car scent.

Takes a little time but well worth it.

245/70/16 Cooper Discoverer ATR's

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 7:50 pm 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

I was a detailer for 8yrs (had enough) simple green works on wheels for brake dust & won't harm finish, actualy works on anything, does a hell of a job on the engine too,just make sure your engine is cool best to do it first thing in the morning my.02

04 COLUMBIA ED. & 04 SPORT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:14 am 
LOST Member

Simple Green is awesome. I use it regularily to clean my tires. Spray on, then use a brush, hose off. Gret for cleaning rubber floor mats, plus leaves a nice, clean smell. Also have used it on previous rigs to clean parts under the hood. What an excellent item for cleaning anything on your Jeep, plus environmentally friendly!! Get a bottle of the regular or automotive Simple Green that is concentrated. You can mix it up into other spray bottles and it will last that much longer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 9:02 pm 
LOST Newbie

Here's a tip if you want to get your carpets clean but dont have an extractor (steamer, shampooer, etc):
Get some liquid based carpet cleaner and put it in a plastic bottle. Then take it and just dump it around the carpet. Dont cover the entire carpet, but just get a few wet "Spots." Take a stiff bristled brush and scrub the carpets. There should be plenty of product so you can scrub and spread it around the carpeted area. Then take a shop vac, preferably with a narrower, rectangular nozzle and just suck it all up. Go in lines, slowly, and suck up as much as you can. Then let it dry with the doors open. The carpets will be damp, but not soaked (professional extraction machines will leave stuff damp too). Its a good way to clean the carpets if you dont want to get a machine. We used to do it like this at the dealer I work at before they stopped being penny pinchers and bought us a steam extractor.

Oh, and detailing brushes. Dust out all the cracks, buttons, vents, etc. Just dont get nylon ones...get ones with boar's hair, if possible.

*Pro Car Detailer*