It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:25 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Leather in my 2008 Liberty...
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:53 pm 
LOST Member

What are you all using to keep your leather nice? I have some Megueirs leather conditioner, but I hear Lexol is much better to use. Also, how often do you condition your leather??? Is once a month enough, or too often????
Thanks for your suggestions!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:51 pm 
LOST Member

Actually I think it was Zymol leather conditioner that was recommended....... :oops: :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:47 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Ive heard good things about lexol and zymol. Good thing about lexol is you can get it in stores. I often see it in autozone.

Usually I use Meguairs all in one and my seats still look great after 4 years of use. I use Okole seat covers in the winter though.

Once a month may be a bit much but it cant hurt. You could do it everytime you wax the Jeep or 3-4 times per year. I like to put it on then let it sit over night. The next morning Ill go back over the seats with a clean towel to remove and extra product thats just sitting on the surface. If you dont the seats will be really slick.

-Atlantic Blue
-Air Ride Rear Suspension ; OME/Rustys Lift ; Powertrax Locker ; Moog Lower Ball-Joints ; 245/70/16 Yokohama Geolander A/T-S's on MOABS ; Flowmaster 50 SUV
Lost #007082
http://www.cardomain.com/id/jeepjeepster

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:31 pm 
LOST Addict

Oh I was asking this a few years ago when I got my Oukback limited that I since traded in for the Liberty. I started using Maguires, but I didn't like it, it smelled funny. I read the lable and it has all kind of things in it that are unnatural things including silicone in it. I got turned to Zymol products by some of the guys and gals on subaruoutback.org Zymol's cleaner and conditioner are mostly made of natural componds and are safe for skin contact. The conditioner cream even smells a good like hand lotion. I think they smell great and work great too.

as for how often you should clean the leather, when ever its dirty, every few weeks to every two months is good enough. vaccum up loose dirt regularly when you wash and vaccum it. I conditioned my leather once a month when I first got it, but that was too much. using zymol conditioner I only did it 4 or 5 times a year. its best to have the leather warm either by setting the vehicle in the sun or using the seat warmers or a hair dryer if its in the winter, being warm the leathers absorb the conditioners better.

I did this and when I was shopping for the Liberty a dealer told me that the leather in my Outback was in excelent condition for the year and miles I had on the car.

I can't find Zymol's leather care products in any of the local auto parts stores they only stock Maguires, Lexol and Turtle wax products, I get mine at Target.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:17 pm 
LOST Member

Thanks for telling me about Zymol. I like the idea of it being made of natural compounds. I've used Maguiers products for awhile, and have been happy with the results. I'll try the Zymol leather product...... :)

Post subject: Re: Leather in my 2008 Liberty...
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:55 pm 
LOST Addict

I use Armorall Leather Cleaner and Conditioner once a week....whether it needs it or not.

2015 KL Limited