It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: this is exactly why when you go black you just can't go back
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:28 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

it was actually 6 hours worth of detailing... used clay bar. then i used the black box then i glossed over and polished....

08 Revenge- Rock Lizard (Skink Sliders & Gecko Roof Rails), High Clearance Trimmed Front Bumper, Mopar skids, Riddler Diff Cover, JBA (5.5 Arms, 6" rear Springs, Front Adjust-A-Struts), 32" DuraTracs, Superior 4.56's, Front & Rear ARB Lockers, Fastman Throttle Body, AEM Intake, Hypertech Tune, Custom Ram Air, RunCool Louvers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:39 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

someone doesnt go offroad with that... :roll: :lol: :wink:

but that is a VERYYYY nice shine!!!

31x10.5x15 BFG AT on black steels
Front and rear tow hooks
Polk audio db6501 full range speakers and tweeters
12" Kicker Comp CVR sub

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:12 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

lol yes no off-roading in this liberty... but i can promise its been testes for flex( stock of course) haha... and it's been through its share of huge puddles spraying water about 30 feet in the air... lol and if you havent seen previous posts... this i jeep is eventually getting lower haha

08 Revenge- Rock Lizard (Skink Sliders & Gecko Roof Rails), High Clearance Trimmed Front Bumper, Mopar skids, Riddler Diff Cover, JBA (5.5 Arms, 6" rear Springs, Front Adjust-A-Struts), 32" DuraTracs, Superior 4.56's, Front & Rear ARB Lockers, Fastman Throttle Body, AEM Intake, Hypertech Tune, Custom Ram Air, RunCool Louvers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:14 am 
LOST Addict

Lose the chrome mirrors.... I think it will look better

Jet Stage 2 - RL Gecko Basket Rack - Custom Winch Bumper - Recon 10.5K Winch

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:17 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

digger i thought so too, but i actually like the chrome mirrors cause i'm not completely blacked out... i got the chrome molding and chrome in my rims. i was really against the mirrors for a while but then i saw them on another black jeep and i fell for em... i do infact refuse to do the door handles i think that looks dumb... or chrome pillars... yuk!... lol on full frontal shots tho the mirrors look pretty classy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:25 am 
LOST Addict

Jeepin_it_real wrote:
digger i thought so too, but i actually like the chrome mirrors cause i'm not completely blacked out... i got the chrome molding and chrome in my rims. i was really against the mirrors for a while but then i saw them on another black jeep and i fell for em... i do infact refuse to do the door handles i think that looks dumb... or chrome pillars... yuk!... lol on full frontal shots tho the mirrors look pretty classy

hmmmm..... Yeah, I say no go on the handles for sure

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:32 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

before

after

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:34 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

before

after

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:38 am 
LOST Addict

:? I have mixed feelings after seeing the front shot

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:43 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

against or for?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:45 am 
LOST Addict

I hate them when looking at the side, but on the frontal shot, they don't look half bad......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:01 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

ahhh i think i kno why, in the side shot it appears as tho the chrome is white... contrasting the color of the car and the rest of the chrome. its cause i used a flash n i didnt on the frontal pic...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:38 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Real women dig trail rash! :wink: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:38 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Hey dont worry about all the chrome I have the chrome wheels, mirror covers, door handles, grill, tail light gaurds, molding strip, and roof rails and I love getting them all dirty :twisted:

But I actually like the look of all the chrome

31x10.5x15 BFG AT on black steels
Front and rear tow hooks
Polk audio db6501 full range speakers and tweeters
12" Kicker Comp CVR sub

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:03 pm 
LOST Junkie

Not a fan of chrome or low profile tires, but still a clean looking liberty.

Fran:2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4.7 quadra drive. 31in General Grabber AT2, OME HD, bilstein, IRO sway links, addco rear sway. Kolak 3in cat back flowmaster SUV 50, magnaflow 3in cat, airaid JR kit, ram air, P.I.E. aux adapter, surco 45x50, husky liners.http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=65276&p=719908#p719908

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:22 pm 
LOST Addict

the chrome is ok. Its sure shines nice. I am not a fan of those big wheels and low profile tires. How can you ever go off road with those? :? Did he say he wanted to lower it? :shock: I hope I misunderstood that :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:28 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

lol... yeah you heard me right... it's getting lowered... haha ... bring on the " THE JEEP GODS WILL PUNISH YOU"'s haha.... although its not the traditional style of a jeep. it is a style, and to each his own... i know what your thinking its meant to go off-roading. but here on Long island there isnt too much of that, and i really dont live that lifestyle, i do although, admire it. i am very greatly for viewing all your mods and they help me with some of mine. Hey who can honestly say they dropped a jeep 2 inches before ( without just taking the suspension completely out) haha... i kno i will be able to. and hey on the bright side.... even thought it will be lowered ( and i'm not saying dumped to the ground just lowered) i'll still be a 4x4... so unlike all those other lowered trucks n cars i'll be able to pull my self out of pot holes :lol: ... truthfully i like the look of my 20 inch rims.. and i really like the idea of lowering my truck.. but honestly if i could afford to go with a crazy 12 inch lift and 33's on a black offroad rim... i probably would have, but as for money... right now i can't afford that. my warranty would be out the window and so would about 10 g's haha. If the future.. hey its possible.. but for now i like my jeep... all of its chrome, the 20 inch wheels, low profile tires, soon to be lowered suspension, and even all the other fancy stuff i've done to make it a show car. again to each his own...

besides that thanks for all of the comments on my detailing... alot of effort went into it... n yes its very shiny...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:45 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Hey let him do what he wants, he likes his ride his own way, more power to him.

That said every time I see huge chrome rims and tires with like 1" sidewalls on durango's or whatever SUV, u name it, I just cringe. I'm not a big fan of bling on any car. I like all one color or 2 with black accents. Just me though.

And I agree, those mirrors look pretty good from the front, and from the side that picture they looked white / weird. I'm sure they look better fromt he side IRL.

Back on topic: BEAUTIFUL WAX JOB!

Coming Soon: Rear Bumpers with lots of options

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:12 pm 
LOST Addict

It is a nice wax Job. what product do you use? I have been using eagle one Nano wax.

oh and pray the jeep gods don't bring their wrath down on you.....just kidding..... or am I?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:29 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

okay well i used a few things i started with claybar, then i used turtle wax black box, then klasse gloss, then i shined her up real nice with a microfiber towel haha...

i do agree that big rims look dumb, but i'm gunna be honest 20's arent so bad... i could have went with 22's but then there's no sidewall and i think that looks so dumb... honestly the nitro comes with up to a 20" rim... obv i'm not going off-roading anytime soon on 20's ( even though it has crossed my mind more then once) haha. i wish you could all go on to car domain and see how many of them have 22's... some kid on there is talkign about raising his jeep for the purpose of fitting 24's ... see thats makes me nauseous. i could have went with a bit of a bigger sidewall but i didnt want any rubbing issues.

if my jeep could serve the purpose of offroading and offroading only it'd be lifted no doubt in my mind... but it's my daily driver and MPG has to be on my mind as i commute back and forth to school... now i can do that in style getting 23 mpg or put in a lift some 33's all the extra weight of the skids and custom bumpers and get around 10 mpg... haha i can't afford it