It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: MOAB Dirt
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 6:08 pm 
KJ / JK Whatever
KJ / JK Whatever

Anybody has any suggestions on how to get most of it out?
Everything inside is reddish color - gotta love that MOAB red dirt but I still want to get out a lot of it...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 4:45 am 
LOST Addict

I spent a whole day getting my KJ cleaned :D Used mostly Meguiars Interior Quick Detailer, quite a few microfiber cloths, and plenty of clean water. I find microfiber + water works great for absorbing the dust that sticks to surfaces. Peel back the rubber seals, pull as many plastic pieces as you can. Use toothpicks or nylon brush to get the dirt out of hard to reach places. I loosen dirt and starburst (two kids, remember?) with toothpick and vaccum the sucker out. Man, it was a disaster before I cleaned it :D We're talking dirt, footprint, fingerprints (the sticky kind) and cookie crumbs and small chips ALL OVER the carpet.

The vents pull out ... you should stuff a microfiber into the vent holes to clean them out. Turn the fan on at 4 and don't breathe. This should get rid of Moab dirt smell while the fan or A/C is on.

If somebody could tell me how to pop the door panels out I'd be much obliged. I think the dirt from previous runs have been accumulating.

Oh yeah, my key is stuck in ignition again :D Time to go to dealer to have it looked at.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 8:09 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

^, so the vents just pull out? Never knew this...Running off to Jeep... :)

-Atlantic Blue
-Air Ride Rear Suspension ; OME/Rustys Lift ; Powertrax Locker ; Moog Lower Ball-Joints ; 245/70/16 Yokohama Geolander A/T-S's on MOABS ; Flowmaster 50 SUV
Lost #007082
http://www.cardomain.com/id/jeepjeepster

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 6:05 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

The center ones are the only vents that pull out. The side vents do not, at least mine wouldnt come out.

-Atlantic Blue
-Air Ride Rear Suspension ; OME/Rustys Lift ; Powertrax Locker ; Moog Lower Ball-Joints ; 245/70/16 Yokohama Geolander A/T-S's on MOABS ; Flowmaster 50 SUV
Lost #007082

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 8:34 pm 
LOST Addict

If you mean the round side vents, they do pull out as well. The thing is that the side vents hinge on the opposite corner compared to the center ones. So, try pulling them out one side, and if there's resistance, try the other side :D

Unless you're talking about the triangular thingie above the round vents ... I think those are locked in place by some sort of tab.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 9:34 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

dirtykj wrote:
If you mean the round side vents, they do pull out as well. The thing is that the side vents hinge on the opposite corner compared to the center ones. So, try pulling them out one side, and if there's resistance, try the other side :D

Unless you're talking about the triangular thingie above the round vents ... I think those are locked in place by some sort of tab.

oh, ok. I was afriad I would break them. My center ones seemed to be nice and clean back in there, I never use my A/C anyway.

-Atlantic Blue
Lost #007082

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 4:20 pm 
LOST Member

I've wheeled Moab for 18 years in many different vehicles. I can assure you that you can NEVER get it all out. :lol:

90 Miata (sold)
'49 Studebaker PU (sold)