It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:17 pm 
LOST Addict

priell3 wrote:
Interesting article about what models may be getting the axe. Commander, Liberty and Compass among them.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20743583

Mike thanks.
We knew that Commander was going out in 09 for sure, that was given, but I am surprised that they would consider axing KK as well. Why do you think DC had its best days when they had 3 line. Wrangler, Liberty, Grand Cherokee. This was attractive, well known and had one car/vehicle for each use. First they messed up Grand Cherokee with its weird redesign, then come up with 5+2 midget person Commander, and now a busy like with vehicles that satisfy less people.

Looks like they want to replace KK with Patriot if they really wanna get rid of it. And now with beat-the-hell-outta off-road vehicle JK costing so much, they are seeing a decline on sales. I honestly don't even think JK can hold its value as much as older Jeeps. After all these years owning a jeep, I can say that I wouldn't want a jeep as my next vehicle. It just doesn't cut it for people like me with mostly city driving. American brands started to realize Imports are honestly catching up and possibly passing what once meant reliability, power and pride.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 4:24 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

It's a good write-up and makes a lot of sense.

I agree with the chopping block forcast for the most part. The only thing I;d want to see is something other than the patriot. I think that's the wrong road to follow. Jeep did very well with 3 trucks. They've ALWAYS had 3. Wrangler, nice SUV, affordable SUV. The company made money for the past 30 years with that design. I don't think the Patriot fits the "affordable SUV" bracket well enough. I think it's too small to fill the whole. The KK wouldn't be bad if they got rid of the extra bumper and the goiter growing around it.

[]--------[] ---2.5" BDS lift, 245/75/16 MT/Rs, Moab Rims, Locked and Regeared!
[]_____[] ---The list got to long, go to my web site for more!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:19 pm 
LOST Addict

Yeah, I think line should be Wrangler, Wrangler 4 Door, Patriot, Liberty and Grand Cherokee.
Make Patriot much cheaper than it is now, and liberty at 20 for sport 28 for LTD, then Grand Cherokee with Overland and SRT option.

I think it was Daimler who messed up the line. Liberty did good, they messed it up as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:20 pm 
LOST Addict

priell3 wrote:
Interesting article about what models may be getting the axe. Commander, Liberty and Compass among them.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20743583

I think the sadest thing is our beloved Liberty's are falling into the ranks of other orphaned cars. Rambler American, Studebaker Silverhawk, Packard Commander all
loved by those who owned them but looked at by many as just one of those old cars.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:22 pm 
LOST Addict

does the chick scratching her butt come with it? :lol:

L.O.S.T. #225019
2003 Sport 4x4
Patriot Blue w/ trail rash
Flex-Zilla 4" Lift
TrailRash hi-lift mounts
Other stuff you wish you had :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 12:55 am 
LOST Member

I just got a crazy idea, A Jeep Liberty SRT-6. Of course it must be Trail Rated unlike the Grand Cherokee SRT-8

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 3:55 pm 
LOST Junkie

after all those cars get booted, the new chrysler group is going to have like 7 cars to choose from, :lol:

Communications System Provided by: Cobra CB
Navigation provided by: Garmin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 7:04 pm 
LOST Member

MidnightLiberty wrote:
I just got a crazy idea, A Jeep Liberty SRT-6. Of course it must be Trail Rated unlike the Grand Cherokee SRT-8

Trail rated would defeat the purpose of SRT. You guys have to understand the way a business man thinks, they don't care what they produce as long as it sells. The compass sells, it's a highly rated car. If you want your Jeeps to continue, praise their niche capitalization.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 2:22 am 
LOST Member

Jeepman56 wrote:
I don't mind it. It is by no means a truck but Jeep has to make a car to stay competitive. I wonder if Jeep will make a real rally version and enter it in the WRC. That would be sweet.

I agree. Why is it so hard to put in a turbo charged 2L 4-cylinder and a real manual transmission? All Jeep would have to do is spray it with an American flag paint job and get Seamus Burke to drive it! I am tired of watching these rice-burning Jap crap cars winning year after year since Lancia and Peugeot pulled out of WRC. Even Ford (Ford Europe that is) offers an AWD turbo version of the Focus to the public.

I guarantee that if Jeep made a "real" rally version of the Compass that it would change a lot of opinions of the car. Even hardcore offroaders can respect WRC 'cause it is more entertaining than NASCAR will ever be.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:09 am 
LOST Addict

american vehicles (or jeep vehicles) will never mount to anything at those competition rallies.
This thing only looks good to ride about the hood, that's about it.

I have to give it that much, nicely equipped, this thing looks really good, all low and nice, but jeep should stick to off-road vehicles, and keep doing what it does best.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:29 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Pote wrote:
Hate it! Nothing Jeep about it other than the front grill and logo. Looks like the punk Scion cars being driven around with the low profile street tires. That's not a Jeep, its a crossover CAR with a Jeep logo and grill. I expect to see those on the urban city streets with a bunch of bass thumping out the back and neon lights underneath illuminating the road beneath the car at night as everyone within a 1 mile radius hears 50 Cent raps with their windows rolled up.

Look for it in an innercity near you! LOL

Once owned a car with ground effect plastic all around like that. Parking blocks, curbs, pulling into peoples driveway's etc would scrape and rip off that low ride plastic left and right. Not to mention what a snow drift with some ice in it does. I won't ever own a car again with that stylized plastic so close to the ground...it serves no purpose other than to get scratched and cracked/peeled by everyday obstacles. I can't imagine that thing could go twenty feet offroad without ripping something right off. No thanks.

They had one in the showroom at Extreme Jeep today.

Previous: 95ZJ 92XJ 90XJ 80CJ5

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:31 pm 
LOST Member

MidnightLiberty wrote:

i have been dreaming about that sense i got my liberty

Post subject: Re: Compass Rallye Edition
PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:56 pm 
LOST Addict

You can polish a turd but at the end of the day its still a turd.

4" Stump Lift.
JBA UCA's
245/75/16 GOODYEAR DURA TRACS

Thanks for throwing me under the bus Evil... Just remember this when you decide to turn yours back in to a... Real Jeep.