It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Patriot vs Liberty
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:17 pm 
LOST Junkie

The problem is everyone uses a heavily modded cj as the bar for comparing all jeeps. Its wrong, but so many still do it. The compass and patriot are very capable vehicles, but are not geared for those looking for that heavy modded cj. Will they go places? Yep. But they will also better cater to those looking for a dd mall crawler then that cj.

Fran:2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4.7 quadra drive. 31in General Grabber AT2, OME HD, bilstein, IRO sway links, addco rear sway. Kolak 3in cat back flowmaster SUV 50, magnaflow 3in cat, airaid JR kit, ram air, P.I.E. aux adapter, surco 45x50, husky liners.http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=65276&p=719908#p719908

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 5:39 pm 
LOST Newbie

just thought yall might want to see the most recent pics of my Patriot

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:08 pm 
LOST Junkie

Patriotwhite wrote:
just thought yall might want to see the most recent pics of my Patriot

Nice lookin Jeep! :JEEPIN:

Fran:2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4.7 quadra drive. 31in General Grabber AT2, OME HD, bilstein, IRO sway links, addco rear sway. Kolak 3in cat back flowmaster SUV 50, magnaflow 3in cat, airaid JR kit, ram air, P.I.E. aux adapter, surco 45x50, husky liners.http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=65276&p=719908#p719908

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:12 pm 
LOST Newbie

-

Last edited by Sandstone on Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:20 am 
LOST Junkie

glider wrote:
Any pics of it doing something besides sitting in a driveway? That may go a bit toward stifling the criticism.

Many newer vehicles with a bunch of electronic controls do have decent traction (when they work right). I guess if you want to know what you, as a driver, can do you'd better find an older vehicle.

"push button "A" to climb hill...." :mrgreen:

All these electronics are making me want to get a ZJ 5.9 or a late 60s comando or old bronoco and calling it a day. I love my KJ, but the ESP sucks and I ALWAYS have it off in snow and off road conditions as all electronics do is get in the way.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:31 pm 
LOST Newbie

glider wrote:
Any pics of it doing something besides sitting in a driveway? That may go a bit toward stifling the criticism.

Many newer vehicles with a bunch of electronic controls do have decent traction (when they work right). I guess if you want to know what you, as a driver, can do you'd better find an older vehicle.

In a few months i will be going to the Texas National Seashore, i live in Houston so not much off roading arround here i go to the lease or the beach but lease during season not any seasons on right now, plus i have to be able to get off of work (oil field industry busy in 2nd and 3rd quarters) and i got to make that money to pay for these bumpers

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:15 pm 
LOST Newbie

its definetly not the 4WD im use to.

4wd cut out

messing around

just messing around

messing around

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:01 am 
LOST Member

Hey, great looking Patriot BTW! I was just stumbling around here today and started looking at this post and the photos. You guys are 100% correct about people calling Patriots "not real jeeps." They are there own little niche. The reality is that half the people who own "real Jeeps" don't even know how to engage 4 low. My father picked up one of those Mitsubishi Outlander Sports last year when they came out. It's actually irritating where that thing will go. It's not so much that it barely makes it, it's that is does make it and gets like 28 MPG while doing it. It's the same feeling my friends with their 33" mud tired F-150's get when you follow them in somewhere with the Liberty. I'll walk into a hunting area in 4 low, trudging along nice and slow, and here this CVT crossover comes behind me, sipping fuel. For everyday life, when you don't rock crawl, those little brake based traction control vehicles do pretty well. Are you ever gonna stuff 33's on it? No, but they are what they are, and they work in their parameters. So enjoy what you drive, and learn it's knacks and shortfalls, and run the snot out of 'er! And honestly, I'd rather be rocking your current setup than my own right now!

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:18 pm 
LOST Newbie

Jeep Jim wrote:
I agree it very well could be more aggressive looking than the Liberty... But as much as I would hate to admit it looksing more aggressive is about all it would be. As far as performance off road its very limited. The Patriot has been tested by some well known Overland Adventurers and they have come to the conclusion that it is only suited for trails of difficultiy levels 2 to 2.5. The Patriots main points that limit are it does not have a gear reducing transfer case and it has Independent Front and Rear Suspensions which makes it more difficult to lift past 2.25". The lift limitations also limit the available tire size it can handle too. In fact if using the stock 17" wheels included in the off-road package the largest tires it can handle are 245/65R17's and from the angles of the photos they look stuffed. I have seen someone say they have successfully mounted 245/75R16's on MOAB wheels but its not truly been confirmed from what I understand. Regardless anything larger than approximately 29.5 very well could rub the Spring catch on the front suspension.

The other major limiting factor is currently the after market companies hardly support this Jeep at all. In fact there is only one lift kit available and its made by Rocky Road Outfitters, none of the bumper manufacturers plan on supporting it so that limits bumpers to custom fabrication for the time being. In fact the CAI I have already installed isn't even released for the Patriot yet, it's of its sister MK the Compass. Other than the suspension kit, roof racks are the most prominent after market add on for us at the moment.

Basically the Jeep Patriot is a Soft-Roader not a true Off-Roader, but for what I use it for its great. Normally I get 24-27 MPG (before the lift) however right now using the winter blend fuel blend and driving on the currently snow covered roads I am only getting 21 mpg, but considering the fact its a 4x4 not many other trucks can even say they get that. I also like that nostalgic look of the old Cherokee and by the end of the day it will sit like one too. I have appointment to rent a shop bay with lift to install my lift kit. Personally I love my Patriot and am very happy with it, but I also already know this is my Gateway Jeep (similar to a Gateway Drug) and already know my next truck will either be an off-road worthy Liberty or Jeep Wrangler.

i am an owner that really loves this ride,,but you are so right ,,no one supports this truck,and i work in the bush i took this thing way past breaking point and i have nothing to complain about,,but i am doing all the mods on my own,,best served buy your self some times,,, :rockon:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:54 am 
LOST Newbie

Hello I've been doin research for about 3 weeks now and I'm ready to buy my new or used 4x4 Patriot! I'm going Saturday 3/15/14 I have 3 picked out.

1st choice
Black 2014 FDI 6 speed auto with 2.4 has 0 miles

2nd
Silver 2012 FDI cvt 2.4 has 36,000 miles

3rd
Recovery Green 2012 cvt FDI 2.4 has 48,000 and a brush gaurd.

Y'all have some great looking patriots! Is there anything in particular on the 2012's or that I should test out before buying?

I really hope the salesman I've been talking to hasn't been BS'ing me and when I get there says all I can get you in at the monthly payment you want is a 4x2 with a 2.0. Wish me luck guys and I hope to have some pics on here soon. Sorry if I posted to the wrong place this is the first forum I've ever been on.

-Tx-

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:43 pm 
LOST Newbie

Patriotwhite wrote:
glider wrote:

In a few months i will be going to the Texas National Seashore, i live in Houston so not much off roading arround here i go to the lease or the beach but lease during season not any seasons on right now, plus i have to be able to get off of work (oil field industry busy in 2nd and 3rd quarters) and i got to make that money to pay for these bumpers

Your patriot looks great what kind of exhaust are you running? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk