It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: best snow tires for Patriot
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:47 pm 
LOST Member

hi there.
i finally change my wife's suzuki for a nice silver Patriot. (hard now to choose between my KJ and the Patriot for a long drive... :roll: ). :lol:
Anyone has experience of good snow tires for the Patriot?
the user manual recomment not to use snow chain.... :(

thanks

Airtex lift pump

Post subject: Re: best snow tires for Patriot
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:42 am 
LOST Junkie

The very first winter that I had my Libby I had bought a set of 215/70R16 All Season Wranglers for it. I was a nubie then and knew nothing of offroading and nothing of tire selection :oops:

It handled miserably :cry: , even in 4WD it was like trying to walk on ice with roller skates. My second winter I bought a set of "snow tires" and noticed an improvement immediately. You should be able to shop around for a "snow tire" for your Patriot but remember they typically are a softer tire and won't wear well.

Myself, I've finally bought a set of "M&S tires" for my Libby and leave them on all year long. Sure they're not as soft as "snow tire" at cold temps and they have a slightly higher highway noise but they wear well and I don't have to take them off in the spring.

just my two cents...

my trail queen
95 YJ with a RE 4" lift, 33" ProComp Extreme's, M8000 Winch, Lockrite Locker up front, Super35 in the rear and 4.88 gears

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:12 am 
LOST Member

I agree, all season are good for...nothing :cry: actually its like all compromises :-)r
Meanwhile i got a set of 4 Continental WinterContact for the Patriot. Really good. of course with the profile they are not ideal in deep snow, but they handle really good on snowy, cold wet, icy roads.
Actually they change very positively the behaviour of hte Patriot on dry roads as well. They stick and make the handling very stable, which was missing with the original summer Continental tires.

Surprisingly, i did not like at all the WinterContact on my Libbie, but much prefer my set of Pirelli Scorpion Ice&snow.
(and just ordered a set of Duratrac for this summer.... :jester: )
Cheers !

Airtex lift pump

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:13 pm 
Banned For Abuse on LostJeeps.com

Putting a set of Bridgestone Blizzak DM-Z3's on my wife's van makes a huge difference in the winter. I would buy them again.

If you have Nokian available, they are a great winter tire. Here the over an all-terrain tire that looks pretty good, too.

A dirty Jeep is a happy Jeep