It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New Jeep Owner... 2011 MK Patriot
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:46 pm 
LOST Addict

No, not me... my Dad. This is the first Jeep that he has owned (well, since surplus military jeeps in the 1950's that is).

Since my folks are getting up there in age (80+) and live up in the Mountains of Western North Carolina (2,500 - 6,000 ft/sea-level), I finally convinced them to get rid of their second vehicle (a 1999 Dodge Neon) and buy a 2011 Jeep Patriot Sport 4WD. The primary reason for them getting this is that my mother is in fragile health and my father wants to be able to get into the hospital NO MATTER WHAT. The corollary to this is that he is no longer strong enough to lift my mother so the vehicle has to have a low enough entry height that she can get into it by herself. The solution? The following vehicle which I spec'ed out for him and he took delivery on yesterday:

2011 Jeep Patriot Sport 4x4
2.4L I-4 engine
Freedom Drive II CVT transmission (w/ OR 19:1 crawl ratio)
FDII Off-Road Group (140amp alt, 4WD OR Mode, Brake-Lock Diff, Oil cooler, Skids, Slush Mats, 17" alloys, Full-size spare, Hill descent & start control, and Tow hooks)
A/C
Power Equip Group (Keyless entry, Power windows & door locks, and Power heated mirrors)
Bright Silver exterior & Dark slate interior
Priced right at $20,500+++ (inc delivery charge for transport of the model in the right config and color from a dealer in WV) :wink:

No, I am not going to try and convince him to lift it or put rock-rails on it... yet... :-)r

LOST#85291
"Blue Bunny"
04 KJ Sport 3.7L AT 4x4
Steel IFS/DL&DTT/4.10s/Tow Pkg/Mopar-Rusty's-Skid Row skids&sliders/OME struts&springs/Rancho shocks/Terraflex bumpstops/Landy FRH/Gen Steel/Grabber AT2s/Spidertrax/Rockcrusher/Hella/Smittybilt XRC8/Bulldog wiring/NAPA brakes/JBA UCAs&spacers/Deka Intimidator

Post subject: Re: New Jeep Owner... 2011 MK Patriot
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:49 pm 

It's been about 2 weeks. Time for the lift and rails now.

Jeep Tech Files

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:58 pm 
LOST Addict

daspes wrote:

LOL

No, but he is thinking of getting decals front and back that say, "Hi-ho...!!!" because it is Silver. :wink:

LOST#85291
"Blue Bunny"
04 KJ Sport 3.7L AT 4x4
Steel IFS/DL&DTT/4.10s/Tow Pkg/Mopar-Rusty's-Skid Row skids&sliders/OME struts&springs/Rancho shocks/Terraflex bumpstops/Landy FRH/Gen Steel/Grabber AT2s/Spidertrax/Rockcrusher/Hella/Smittybilt XRC8/Bulldog wiring/NAPA brakes/JBA UCAs&spacers/Deka Intimidator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:01 pm 

Cobolt-60 wrote:
daspes wrote:

LOL

No, but he is thinking of getting decals front and back that say, "Hi-ho...!!!" because it is Silver. :wink:

Think you two can reach a compromise on this?

Jeep Tech Files

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:41 pm 
LOST Addict

daspes wrote:

Nah, not necessary, Mike. The fact that I got him to order it as "built" as it is was because I convinced him that he might need the extras during a mountain winter "on road".

Lift isn't an option because of the original reason it was bought... to get mom to the ER no matter the weather. If it is lifted there won't be any way to get her into it (they are in Western NC and I am in ATL, GA) with very few neighbors close by.

Besides, I don't need him to lift it,... I got Bunny!!! :JEEPIN:

LOST#85291
"Blue Bunny"
04 KJ Sport 3.7L AT 4x4

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:54 pm 

Cobolt-60 wrote:
daspes wrote:

Nah, not necessary, Mike. The fact that I got him to order it as "built" as it is was because I convinced him that he might need the extras during a mountain winter "on road".

Lift isn't an option because of the original reason it was bought... to get mom to the ER no matter the weather. If it is lifted there won't be any way to get her into it (they are in Western NC and I am in ATL, GA) with very few neighbors close by.

Besides, I don't need him to lift it,... I got Bunny!!! :JEEPIN:

I understand. Just trying to see a lifted MK.

Jeep Tech Files

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:07 pm 
LOST Addict

daspes wrote:
I understand. Just trying to see a lifted MK.

Don't we all!!! :lol:

Maybe someday...

LOST#85291
"Blue Bunny"
04 KJ Sport 3.7L AT 4x4

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:00 pm 
LOST Newbie

congrats for your new car and if you are looking for a insurance, here you will find a good one quick car insurance quote

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:08 pm 
LOST Member

A 2011 Patriot with AWD and some good tires should easily take care of the winter weather here in WNC. :JEEPIN: I think it was a good choice.

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it's all about?

2005 Jeep Liberty Limited - Bright Silver Metallic

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:27 pm 
LOST Addict

67Customs wrote:
A 2011 Patriot with AWD and some good tires should easily take care of the winter weather here in WNC. :JEEPIN: I think it was a good choice.

Actually, I had a chance over Thanksgiving to drive it some along the back roads and forest service roads connecting up to the Blue Ridge Parkway (including some river crossings) from about 2500 ft/sea-level to about 4500 ft/sea-level. I found it to be adequate to the task. I then took my father and showed him under which circumstances he would engage the 4WD and which he would engage the 4-Low function.

The one complaint I had about the vehicle was that it seems to have a larger blind spots than a KJ does, but I guess this is to be expected because it is a smaller vehicle with less glass and still has to have structurally sound corner posts.

I think it will be a good functional vehicle for my elderly parents' needs during the winter. :)

LOST#85291
"Blue Bunny"
04 KJ Sport 3.7L AT 4x4